Solved Bug while leaving games

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by D2Addict, May 11, 2024.

1. D2Addict

D2Addict Well-Known Member

Hey, i've been having some issues when leaving games it takes 8-25 seconds to exit and load the Chat Channel so far i've tried changing Tasks Priority, Affinity but the best solution i can find is to stop doing certain stuff in the game i usually right after joining the game go straight to Worldstone Keep waypoint and Bo with my barb right after i take my sorc and go the River Of Flame then go into chaos clear it and onto Nihlathak after that into Throne of Destruction, when i stop doing Nihlathak or Chaos Sanctuary and instead do Nihlathak Or Chaos + Baal it leaves the game without any problems

2nd Screen is not effected by this it leaves the game without any problem

Area's Loaded: 7 within 2 minutes 30 seconds i don't know if this will help but this is the average time it takes

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hard to tell what could be causing that considering it's the first time I've heard about such an issue from one of our players, what makes it even more weird is that you claim the 2nd screen is fine. I've googled your issue and found several general results however, this is not something common so there are no specific answers or direct fixes and may not even be related to the game at all.
    I'm assuming the game process of your first window hangs or freezes, have you tried setting up a separate clean client or perform a clean reinstall and see if you get a similar behavior? No 3rd party tools whatsoever, clean game client as well as switching to window mode if you're currently using full screen. Also, what happens if you're running a single game window and not two or more?

PS: I suppose you didn't always have this issue otherwise you would have opened this thread earlier, so did anything change lately with your PC/OS?

3. D2Addict

i know of 2 other users who are experiencing somewhat similar issues the first i heard of it before it started happening to me was from a hardcore player he doesn't speak much english but it sounded similar to the problem im having now he said its because of the Injector and when i tried to run without it the problem was still there, after around level 98 on my paladin i kept getting this problem it only happened randomly so i didn't really care to report it or anything back then i'd just restart the client and it'd work now that stopped working so i've turned to the forums for help, the 2nd person i heard of this problem from is experiencing the exact same issue as me we've tried to resolve it but it seems the only way to stop it without doing anything like reinstalling the game is to stop clearing 1 of the 3 area's in the game

I'll try a fresh installation of the game without any modifications (maphack, cpu fix, widescreen, autotele and injector) to see how it runs and if it stops i'll slowly add the mods back into the folder to see which of them is possibly the cause
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2024, Original Post Date: May 12, 2024 ---
    @Gix about how many runs should i do before i start putting the mods back into the Diablo 2 folder? and any idea which i should try or does the order not matter?

4. Gix

Gix Founder

You're not experiencing this issue after reinstallation, then? What's the other person's account name, the one you mentioned that has the same exact issue?
    If you're all good after reinstalling, you could start adding the maphack first and do a few more runs, then continue with widescreen. The CPU fix patch may not be necessary at all by the way unless you are using an old laptop or computer, so leave that aside for now.

5. Alke

Alke Senior Member

Hi,

I guess that I am the other person with the same exact issue, even though I am not using WideScreen, but I am using:
    - STING Maphack 2.24
    - AutoTele 1.4.1 (injecting the DLL with the provided RemoteDll.exe)

My main account: alke1

The behaviour is quite good explained in the first post, and it happens to me since long ago. I just did not post it until now (my bad) and rather lived with it. After testing different possibilities, it was somehow unreproducible, until D2Addict came with an idea: "try not doing nihla if also doing diablo" (and the other way around) and, guess what, the exit time was reduced from "long" (from some to 20 seconds) to "short" (from 1 to 5 secons). This is reproducible.

What did not help so far when trying to reproduce the issue, thus dicarding the direct correlation, at least from my PoV:
    - Number of clients
    - Number of areas visited (without killing mobs, e.g. when only teleporting looking for a shrine)
    - Computer ressource usage (CPU, memory, disk... all good)

What seems to be a direct correlation:
    - Number of areas visited (and with mobs killed)
    => Another player suggested that this could be related to needing to finish transactions into the server DB.

Thanks so far your the feedback/support @Gix.

UPDATE: I just read from the latest posts that a re-installation might help and might try it as well. My Last fresh installation was a few days before last reset, so not that long ago.

D2Addict likes this.
  6. D2Addict

its not that im not experiencing the issue anymore i can't tell the difference :( im really bad at stuff like this i'll record 3 games of me doing the same areas i mentioned in the post i'll try add times it took to leave/join but idk if it will be 100% accurate, i will try to make the video as short as possible
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2024, Original Post Date: May 13, 2024 ---
    Ehhhhh..... i might have fixed it without understanding how lol, i did 3 runs with the Diablo II i normally use to play and it has stopped (with the leave bug) completely what i did before i started recording might have fixed it, earlier today i changed the games compatibility (This was to see if it would work better) as i didn't want it to be different from the Guides i made before i changed it back and when i did i noticed that in the Compatibility Settings for the Diablo II Launcher and the Game.exe have different or more compatibilities and i stupidly went a put the Launcher of Windows Vista SP 2 and the Game.exe on Window XP SP 2 i do this to many games i play as they seem to run better on it tho i don't know if it has been fixed or if it will last... im going to run it like this for a few days to see if the problem returns but for now @Alke try disabling the compatibilities options to see if it works better if not i assume something else is effecting it in that case re-installing it might be the best option
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2024 ---
    Compatibility V02.png Compatibility V03.png
    Both the EuropeBattle and Game.exe Application is Locked on Windows XP SP 2, i meant Diablo II Launcher and Diablo II

Edit: Please Continue The Post Alke if you still have the problem

Last edited: May 13, 2024
  7. Alke

Alke Senior Member

I have done a clean re-install of D2, with the same addons (Sting MH, teleport, with and without WideScreen) and it seems to work fine now: the existing time has been between 1 and 5-6 seconds in all tests so far. I cannot really understand it either, since the last installation was done the same way, but it is good that it works now.

Regarding compatibilities, I left it as it is recommended to: Win XP SP2 for Game.exe, and admin for all users for both Game.exe and Launcher.

• Draft saved Draft deleted