Must Read Respectable Rules for PvP

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Jesus, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

When your dueling, you are fighting. When you fight, you fight for honor. With that being said what is honor without respect? They should be together just like peanut butter and jam.

Here are a few rules that we feel are a must when it comes to duels so we expect these few common-sense PvP rules to be followed in all public duel games.

Please note that one is allowed to duel another player by following a different and eventually more complex set of PvP rules if both sides agree with that.

Respectable Rules

Respectable FAQ

Absorb and Resistance

Feedback is welcomed on this by either leaving a comment or message us via forums and if something is missed and it's agreed it does fall in the category of respectable rules then it will be implemented. Please refrain from posting links with other PVP rule lists and only discuss the rules you feel should be altered or added rather than posting a whole list.

Remember, breaking these common sense rules constantly shall lead to same consequences as breaking regular server rules so please follow them.

In case of a bet duel use /admins and whisper the GM to see if anyone is available to moderate your duel fairly and hold the bets of both sides, only after you and your opponent agreed with everything. Moderating bet duels do not fall under admin attributes so please do not abuse their volunteering time, use this only against players whom you don't really trust they would honor their bet duels.

Thanks everyone for being respectful and fighting with honor. It's what is all about. Enjoy and have fun!

2. jmh033089

jmh033089 Active Member

I'm sorry to say it, but I know this will not be followed how do you plan on enforcing this?

3. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

I believe this will be followed, it only takes a few examples until the rest will catch on :) The actions taken against the offender are based upon his actions and how many times he has offended, same with server rules.. Also if your asking how to prove someone is doing this, the best way to do so is screen video capturing. Record the incident that happens and submit a report via "Report Section".

I use this one Top Screen Capture Software - Image and Video Capture Programs

4. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

6.) No healing / rejuv potions, you can use as many mana potions as you wish, Akara does not mind.

es sorcs are happy about that, change it quickly! no mana pots for es sorcs.

Jesus likes this.
  5. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Thanks Tom, i did forget to add that. :thumbup1:

6. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

I have messages about "absorb" gear. Some people dislike the idea of it but just a reminder people where using duel+ absorb on regular battlenet versus players with half-ass gear and alot less inventory and gear options. If one where to use absorb items that means they are lacking on other aspects, such as fhr, fcr, ect; so this is not a complete benifit for this person and aswell as it can be broken. The ability to use over 15 skill charms is one good reason, the damage of the any caster is far greater than it used to be with the same items available for players. If i were to make a "no absorb rule" i would have to deny the use of facets aswell because that gives -x to resistance so if someone cant increase there resist than the other shouldnt be able to decrease it even more.. correct? i thought about this before denying it being in the rules. I appreciate the feedback on the thought but everything stated are valid reasons why i cant :)

7. killu

killu Active Member

5.) Ethereal "bugged" items
    Although i don't discourage using these against casters,but vs any melee char this is really unfair imo.
    A bugged exile with its aura and a bugged arreat with the shout boost give huge defence bonuses to palas/barbs.Even a melee char with 20k+ ar can't hit these so it becomes very frustrating.Maybe you can change this to: only against casters.

8. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

I understand your concern but you are wrong on the 20k AR, because i had a Bowzon with 20k+ AR and had no problem eatting barbarians, yes smite paladins can be difficult. But with 20k+ AR you wont have an issue at all. If you are having issues than try a different character versus your opponent because as i said, no class is un-stoppable, regardless of the gear.

9. Bglzaborg

absorb should be restricted. there are some legit pvp rules outside there in google. they say for example infernostrides allowed in duels but hotspurs are not etc.

10. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Well according to someone making a Post on "Diablo Wiki" they did make outside PVP rules, not ones that are actually enforced in the game. These people would receive a bad reputation but some dont care about that. The PVP rules that where made outside of the game include alot of rules that most of you would not accept such as; No knockback items, Fwr restrictions, No teleporting, and i can continue with the ridiculous rules that there is out there. My point with the absorb is the expanded inventory, use of facets, ect makes it so there should be no limitation on absorb. :)

Example: A fire sorceress can stack 2k+ life and 4k+ mana with ES setup and still have massive damage with the inventory expansion, so that little bugger can teleport around me, tank 25 bone spirits and kill me with 1 fireball. So if i wish to throw on a little bit of absorb it makes it so i can handle 3-5 fireballs then.. Seems fair to me.

lightning_fury likes this.
  11. Bglzaborg

if max absorb is allowed i will be able to absorb any sorc.
    your example is fire sorc.
    stack res, hotspurs, rising sun amulet should be enough so you wont receive dmg at all. if not you can still add 2x dwarf and you are fine and the fire sorc is like :crying:
    saying that even tho im playing bowa and i dont even do elemental dmg

12. Candor

Candor Active Member

ok, I just thought it would be easier to copy the rules from somewhere, because the game is old, and many people have spent enough time discussing GoodManner rules.
    any way
    i propose to add these:
    1. max rez 85% (for es sorc75%) with 0%absorb, or 80% with 15%(20%) absorb fire(light), forbid rising sun in pvp
    2. overresist: maximum 400 Total Cold Resistance or 320 Total Cold Resistance + 20% Cold Absorb, or 250 Total Cold Resistance + 40% Cold Absorb
    3. forbid some curses - iron maden, life tap || maybe decripify, ampl d..
    4. Dual-Claw Assassin: max 75@
    5. no bone spirit in necr vs necr duels
    6. NO Corpse skills are allowed.
    7. maybe forbid Holy Freeze and clay golem vs ias - characters?
    8. i think it should be added - if smb ask you - you should show you gear (maybe invent) trought trade window

13. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

The only thing out of all the suggestions i can add is the limitations on the absorb, after alot of thinking, and comments / messages, there will be a limit on how many abosrb items can be used. The limit will be TWO, you can stack your resistance all you want because when you do this your lacking in other areas as i said before, your damage / fcr / fhr / ect will go down if you choose to tank a few hits. All curses are allowed, i can not tell a player how he wishes to use his skills in a duel, they are there to be used in any strategic way he chooses too so the bone spirit on necro vs necro is completely allowed. The knockback idea will have me answering more hate mail than i wish too at this moment and i feel there is nothing wrong with it at all. Out of all rules people wish to post on d2jsp the clay golem not being allowed is a new one. Because most people that post claim any summon that can be summoned in town is "allowed" except for decoy. and clay golem can be summoned in town. I appreciate the feedback and as i said, absorb will be limited but stacking resistance is fully allowed. Even with 250+ resistance i can still barley tank more than 5 hits from any sorc hit so there is no reason to limit that.

14. Candor

Candor Active Member

two absorbs? which kind of absorbs? Absolute or Percentage? do i understand corectly that, for example, one can use 2xdwarf (30%absorb) +hotspur+vex 95%rez vs fire sorc? or one can use tg belt+ wisp 20% +max lrez vs traps vs light sorc?

I'm just thinking what to choose for pvp build, and it strongly depends on server pvp rules.

15. Candor

Candor Active Member

ok, one more qwestion from me ;)

How do I know he is using lastwish or any other stuff? can i use mph in pvp game and press "k" to see gear? or how?

16. Bglzaborg

yes you are allowed to use maphack but turn off chicken etc.

17. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Any type of absorb can be used other than Rising sun and Blackoak as listed in updated rules. So you can mix and match all you wish.

raften likes this.
  18. Endotoxin

Endotoxin Supporter

I would say, GM pvpers don't use two pieces of absorb gear. i.e. cant use wisp and tgods. hotspurs are generally not used. no two pieces that proc life tap (exile and draculs) no bone wall or prison to players with no teleport ability. no iron maiden.

19. Endotoxin

Endotoxin Supporter

Also decrepify and life tap are generally BM. So is Holy freeze in melee vs. melee

20. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Yes i have been thinking about improvements; i just wanted basic rules so when people in Duel games where naked killing, jumping, no action could be taken because there actually wasnt any PVP rules posted. So i am up for suggestions for sure.. The bonewall / prison i can add; i disagree on telling people what items can they use other than absorb; same goes for there skills (iron maiden). Myself personally i use 1 absorb item, a dwarf/wisp or raven. But even if someone uses two with the expanded inventory on here rather than normal D2, 60% of your damage is still more damage than 100% on regular Battlenet. :)