The best bowazon guide ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nedyalkow, May 1, 2015.

1. nedyalkow

nedyalkow Member

Hello guys ,
    since couple of weeks im having bowazon , and just wondering if im using the best build for her . That's why i decided to open this thread and see what u think .

Which is the best bowazon guide ?

2. MrHammer

MrHammer Forum Legend

PVM or PVP?

3. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Hello, I have a bowzon myself and my build is a common one and tricky but once you get used to it you will love it. The tricky part is the fact your a true glass cannon. Most amazons are one hit easy because of low defence and no sheild due to a bow correct? So even having 2k life isnt any different than 500 if you can only take a hit, same goes with resistance since the gear you will use wont have resistance so your a true run and gun. With that being said the only place i put stat points is in Dex (and str until gear is worn of course) because with my build i have 27k AR so even going aganist a barb with with bugged armour you will still hit. your damage will increase also. I used both builds, the minimum dex for gear and rest vita but even with 3k life i could only take one hit and for example i was doing 3.8k damage with GA with that the vita build and 5.5k damage with GA with the dex build. Big difference. With that being said aswell you will have to focus on fwr charms. I prefer fwr/max/ar of course. Expensive but worth it all the way.

For the skill points. This is completely up to how you wish to use your amazon. But there are two musts. That being max GA and aswell as Evade since you will be constantly running you will want to be able to dodge those attacks as much as possible. Only put enough points in multi arrow until you have 24 arrow split (being the max arrow split) and if you wish to use slow missles for sorcs thats up too you. I prefer it just because any advantage is a good advantage. Put 1 point in all your passives of course because of armour mods it will increase alot. I maxed crit strike just because big hits and rest of points in the dodge and avoid. but the passives are your choice honestly.

For gear. Most bowzon gear is a classic and everyone will say close to same thing, Cats eye ammy, Raven frost and a lifesteal/stat ring or another Raven, Nosferatu Coil belt, War Trav boots, Fortitude (I prefer Dusk Shroud), A fwr and open sock circlet is a nice find for a helm. (but until you can track one down since they are very rare and expensive) use Giant Skull and insert IAS jewels and if you can afford IAS/Ed jewels then go for it but only go low Ed (20s) unless your rich and can throw 30s in it because this will be temporary or it can be permanent, your choice. For your bow is your choice, you have two options. Most prefer the GMB bow because of +3 bow skills and high max damage, yet the min damage is really low. I use Diamond bow faith, although it doesnt have +3 bow, it doesnt make any difference and it may not hit as high. But its min damage is almost same as its max damage so every hit will be constant good hits where the GMB has a chance for high hits but aswell as low hits. Its your choice on that one aswell.

If you choose this build you wont use a CTA because life isnt what your worried about because your based on running around and shooting and running and shooting. So your swap will be Titans and Stormsheild (socketed with Hel for -15% requirements because you dont want to waste str points) and that way your FWR will be jacked up and Stormsheild will give Maxblock so when your dueling you will want to run and shoot and swap, when running you will be running with the titans and stormsheild because youll have more FWR and max block and swap when you want to shoot, and switch back to run. This is a tricky build but it works beautiful. This is my favorite hero to use.

If you have any questions at all or wish to see a zon like this in action or anything in between message me in-game KanukKrack.

I hope you enjoy the build mate!

4. nedyalkow

nedyalkow Member

Well , let's say PVP . Im using the ''glass cannon'' build right now . Im having 10k on guided , but 700 hp after bo , which is i don't know , not enough i guess .

5. nedyalkow

nedyalkow Member

Im using the exact same build right now . All in dex , 10 or 15 points in vita and str for gear . Having 10k in guided , but have no chance at all against fisters , smiters etc . So it's just the build i guess , it's not my fault , nvm .

From what u wrote , i assume that u don't put points in vita at all ?

6. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

7. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Well no hero is un-stoppable and could have the most godly items yet there will be that odd class or two that can still take you down, thats why im never narrowed to one hero for pvp :) but as you said a fister is your worst nightmare with this build. Your correct i dont have a single point in Vita and Toms build above is a very good one aswell. I wish you luck and i hope you keep this beautiful bowzon of yours!

8. nedyalkow

nedyalkow Member

Oh , i will keep her for sure , im planning to make her 99 lvl . Just wondering if i've choosed the best build . Seems like i did :)

9. raften

raften Forum Legend

I got on hardcore a bowzon with all the stats in dex , she has 700 life and manage to kill all map and not to die ... so ... no vita guys , just dex :)

10. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

yeah thats the best way to go in pvm if you are able to not get hit.
    but in pvp you need that vita and max ress, else a lightsorc can even kill you with thunderstorm easily. (glasscannons mostly have low res)

11. MadVisions

MadVisions Supporter

JSW's guide: Zon Guide 1.13 - d2jsp Topic
    (you wont find better PvP bowa build i bet.)

if you need gameplay advices, watch some vids from JSW.

12. ashpongledone

ashpongledone Member

I know this is an old thread, but it's worth noting that while running your defense goes to 0 and your block is divided by three. So a maximum of 25% can be achieved, unless you are a paladin and have massive block, which is limited to 75% in PVM and PVP, until such situations occur, but its actual number is more than 75%, e.g. 80%. The lying screen of stats does horrible things to this game. :)))

13. MadVisions

MadVisions Supporter

watch closely what happens in this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mtHxHu3uTY

there is a reason why he is WALKING when tanking a lot of arrows! yes comarade walking does NOT effect your defensive capabilitys, so if you pay enough attention to the situation you can facetank a lot of hits by just switching back to walk for a few seconds(u can set hotkey for this). this is why you should allways have your hammer para, TvT Barb, etc(teleporter) walking.
    can't imagine what would happen if Barbs wouldn't walk in BvB :D

14. Joaiuda

Joaiuda Highlord Cringe Supporter

"Bugbelt" guide :D

• Draft saved Draft deleted