Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RoyalAC, Oct 23, 2015.

1. RoyalAC

RoyalAC Active Member

Well mates.

Just did a fresh install of the game on Windows 10 Pro. and works perfectly.

It is not unheard of great achievement or discovery I just want to share that the game works normally. Because I know how many users have problems with Windows 8.1

Integrated MH Works Normally too.

GameGuard too.

If you have any questions you can write here or find me in the game - > Acc - RoyalAC / Main Character - RoyalWitch

Best Regards.

RoyalAC

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Windows10 is based on the W7 engine so yea, it works fine with any game that works for W7. Microsoft will release Server Patch 1 for W10 around March and I'm sure we will be able to say it's stable and usable just like W7.

3. MATTK

MATTK Member

hi, i have problems with win10 and "Sting mapack".
    Every time i start d2maphack and d2 i get this "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION" error.
    I set it up correctly with admin permissions and so on,but i do not know what to do.
    It works fine without maphack.

I tested it on another win7 machine and all works fine with maphack, but not on my win10....

im glad of any help.
    thx.

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Run it as administrator and start reading the website instructions. If that fails then set the compatibility as instructed on our website.

5. YeeHaw

YeeHaw Member

Hi. I'm new to the realm; haven't played D2 in a few years. I'm on Windows 10 and have intermittent issues. I can go 1-2 games or even ten games straight without issues then I will get unhandled exception. Sometimes it happens 2-3 times in a row and sometimes it's once. This only occurs when attempting to enter games. There is no pattern to it. Also when trying to run the maphack, immediately I will get unhandled exception, every time. I am fairly positive that I have followed all of the instructions for running each of these programs. Any input is appreciated.

6. DiabloDan

DiabloDan Canadian Forum Legend

I too have this problem. It has something to do with the version checking from what my research has led me to. I'm unsure of how to fix it, but it's tolerable anyway. Only seems to happen to me when joining games

7. RTM

RTM Member

As @Gix says " Windows10 is based on the W7 engine "

Set Game.exe, Diablo II.exe & all Exe's from the Realm Patch Pack to Run As Administrator and Compability with W7.

+ D2TestVid - Same ( Run As Admin ) and Comp with W7. ( U must choose 2D )

+MH.exe - Same ( Run As Admin ) and Comp with W7.

D2 Installation Folder - Full Admin Rights.TDAgg - Deblocked.

Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Gix likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Founder

Unfortunately MH will always cause errors for some people. I'm sure you will find a lot of info on this by using our forum search button as we pretty much discussed every solution given by google d2 maphack search related results. Don't consider them absolute fixes and don't take them as they are for different operating system as they will most likely going to work on w10 as well.

As @RTM adviced, I may also add the fact that it's best to play in window mode as it's a known fact that MH is more sensitive to errors in full screen mode.

9. RTM

RTM Member

Yup.. unfortunately the new graphic processors will not allow u anything else except window mode.. ( Talking specifically about D2 )

Unless u found some High Res ( Working ) mod .. but I doubt.

Also I might advice : Fresh Install + Steps above. Good luck.

Gix likes this.
  10. YeeHaw

YeeHaw Member

So last night I was talking with DiabloDan in game chat and he suggested using integrated mh. After importing the files into the Diablo in directory, the mh worked successfully AND it seems that I no longer get the unhandled exception when joining/creating games. It will dump me back into chat as if it were a ftj. Just wanted to update this for others also.

DiabloDan likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted