Bits of knowledge I have to share

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aethyllnor, Jan 27, 2016.

1. aethyllnor

aethyllnor Supporter

Here is list of information I have about the game that others can read and know about:

1.) Deadly Strike Bug - there are forums on various sights saying that deadly strike always does double the maximum damage. This isn't true - I did a series of strikes on a "crash-test dummy" warcry barb with an upped headstriker and damage was variable AND not always double the maximum.

2.) Golden Chests in Nihlathaks temple - there are golden chests on the way to Nihlathaks Hang out spot. These chests are epic rune droppers (I have heard of a zod and a cham dropping from them) ****CREDIT - LightningSOSO

3.) 100% Deadly Strike Build - This is a setup for having a high guaranteed damage output (physical) Grief + Guillames + highlords + Lance guard + gore riders. With this setup - one recieves 100% deadly strike WITH a grief. that can be pretty epic in terms of MINIMUM damage per hit. Also please not that the guillames and lance guard can be socketed and the lance guard can be upped.

4.) Strafe Blows - Strafe's animations puts out 10 arrrows....but from what I've experienced the game doesnt do 10 to hit checks.....I'm not 100% sure though. Does anybody have a sweet strafer? If so please show me.

5.)The picture of Rockfleece on the wiki shows it as being a purple armor but on this server it is black. Not sure if that is the wiki being wrong or a "secret" customization of this server.

6.) Observations: Even while standing still - player orientation and position has an effect on certain skills occuring. Haven't studied this thoroughly but there are many effects to skills that aren't discussed on the wiki's! :)

DiabloDan likes this.
  2. ShenGuardian

ShenGuardian Supporter

Thanks for this info, I'm always looking for new and inventive ways to do my magic find runs, I will definitely be giving the nith chests some attention. Also, I've been messing around with my mf %, it's kind of a compulsion, but I've found a great deal of good items when I get it to exactly 300 on my hammerdin. Of course I could just be imagining it, but I found my first Ondal's Wisdom on my way to the Countess, and I usually get a bit excited if I find something I've not found before. Hope that small tidbit of information helps. Happy gaming. :)

3. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

ragarding 2.: there are a bunch of those chests not only in nihlataks temple. however, i believe chest drop rate isnt increased on this server like monster item drops. so its not worth farming in my opinion.

4. LqnDo

LqnDo Active Member

Yes it is.. A friend of mine found Zod rune in it and it takes only like 15 seconds to open the chests. I have found ohms los and lower runes multiple times. Had more rune drop from chests than cows.. My personal experience

5. ShenGuardian

ShenGuardian Supporter

I also found my first and only (for now, hehe) Cham rune in a cow chest 2 weeks ago, and found multiple Lo's and Ohm's in the "Durance" levels...

6. Moandor

Moandor Member

Halls of pain is full of surprises ------ > http://prikachi.com/images/819/8599819f.jpg
    That was 2 days ago on hc :p
    As for the strafe I absolutely agree basicly only the first arrow hits (or first two) which is disappointing...

Bglzaborg and ShenGuardian like this.
  7. ShenGuardian

ShenGuardian Supporter

Nice! I know someone who is going to be adding some "full" nith runs to her mf runs today, hehe! Thanks for the share!

Moandor likes this.
  8. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

nice find. gz! :D

9. machiavelli

machiavelli Senior Member

Did you get that from those lightning elemental creatures? I had a Jah dropped in halls of pain by them.

10. Moandor

Moandor Member

No, its the stash.

ShenGuardian likes this.
  11. DiabloDan

DiabloDan Canadian Forum Legend

Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us! I'm sure this may come in handy to a lot of the members here :)

• Draft saved Draft deleted