Announcement Diablo II Ladder Reset - 13 May 2016

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gix, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Founder

The ladder reset has been completed and Diablo II realm is once again available for play.
    To participate, you will need to create a new character and select the "Ladder Character" checkbox. The new season awaits you!

Greetings Adventurers,

Hell unleashes on Friday, May 13, get ready for the ladder reset!

[​IMG]

I know a lot of people have been waiting for this and here we are 30 months later, on one of the oldest ladders you guys ever seen in Diablo II but it's time for some fresh competition and more challenges as ladders are and have always been seasonal. On the official Diablo 2 servers the ladder resets every 3-4 months and every current ladder character becomes non-ladder and the ladder starts fresh, however here ladders last longer than anywhere you've seen and while this this a good thing for some of you, ladders cannot last forever and people are always looking for fresh competition, especially as their characters only get transfered, they aren't lost.

On the morning of Friday, May 13, we’ll be conducting a maintenance in order to reset the Diablo II ladder.The realm will be unavailable for a few minutes and during this time all existing ladder characters will be converted to non-ladder. All characters and items being converted to non-ladder will remain intact so they will not be lost, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content such as ladder-only rune words.

This ladder reset, like all those before it, creates a clean slate where all ladder characters begin at level 1 with no previous items to help them. To participate, simply wait until the Diablo II realms return to service on May 13, log in to the server, and select the “Ladder Character” checkbox when creating a new character. You can track ladder character leveling progress by clicking on the Ladder button from the main Diablo II in-game interface.

For more information on ladder characters visit the following link http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/charactertypes.shtml

You won't need to change anything on your side, you will still be able to login with the same accounts that you own and use the same 1.13 game version. To participate in the new season all you have to do is create a new Ladder Character once the ladder has been reseted and if you wish to use your old nickname you can delete your previous non-ladder character and take back your name.

Ladder Reset Countdown: https://w2.countingdownto.com/1367641
    08:00 PDT (USA)
    11:00 EST (USA)
    12:00 UTC-3 (Brasil/Argentina)
    16:00 UTC+0 (London)
    17:00 UTC+1 (Poland/Hungary)
    18:00 UTC+2 (East Europe/Turkey/Bulgaria/Romania)
    22:00 UTC+7 (Vietnam)
    23:00 UTC+8 (Philippines)
    24:00 UTC+9 (Korea)
    (or 17:00 Server Time)

Fresh competition and new challenges, don't miss it! Let's establish a new record of online players on our next long-term ladder.
    Let all your friends know about the ladder reset and share this news on facebook, vk, reddit, gaming forums, youtube, etc.
    Being the most popular international private server we are here to stay and break online players records once again by keeping this awsome game alive, together with a great community.

Donations Note: To keep it fair for those who supported the server recently and right before the reset, a 50% of the donated ammount will be reimbursed if you purchased any items between 1 March 2016 - 15 April 2016 and a 100% of the donated ammount will be reimbursed if you purchased any items between 16 April 2016 and the reset date. All previously purchased items will not be lost, they will all remain intact together with your characters being transfered to non-ladder. If you are eligible for a reimburse in the new ladder just contact us through email.

Unban Note: We shall give second chances to those who have been previously banned but we will only give a second chance to those who deserve it so if you are banned from this community send me a private message (click my name and open a new conversation) or email us with your account name, why you got banned and a reason on why do you think you deserve a second chance. The decision will be ours and depending on the ban reason we may unban you for a second chance or not. This only refers to IP/PC bans, accounts that are locked shall remain locked due to various reasons so you will need to create a new account if you will be allowed to play here again and participate in the new lader.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Kam1948, facuacdc, b1n and 5 others like this.
  2. Bench

Bench Member

Hello there, I would like to ask what will the difference be between Ladder and Nonladder here. I know that you can already make Ladder runewords in Nonladder. Will it just count for the fresh start? Don't get me wrong, the idea is very good.

3. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

finally! :)
    so morning is related to US time so it will take place in the afternoon for us europeans if i got it right

4. DiabloDan

DiabloDan Canadian Forum Legend

Excited to see how it goes :D

5. blp

blp Supporter

hello! how about the xp rates and drops? you guys will not touch it right? because it's the diferential of the server, i have original key but i started to play here because it's more fun and easy to get stuff and level up.

cheers.

6. dalmadorm

dalmadorm Member

It's kinda unfortunate, because I'm quite new player here. :(
    Well, at least I'll have one more reason to nolife, so I'm looking forward reset.

Gix likes this.
  7. Gix

Gix Founder

Well, everyone will be "the new player" at some point as new people join the server everyday but it's a 30 months old ladder, no other server has ever been able to provide such long-term ladders and still maintain a high number of online players. The fresh start will definetly bring lots of old players back and new ones as well. Positive thinking is the way to go, kudos !

@blp, that's already stated into the first post. Fresh ladders are more challenging in terms of drops because everything is fresh but we aren't changing/nerfing anything unless we really need to. Stuff will be easier to be found than bnet, just as they were before, since that's the purpose of a private server.

8. jonisbored

jonisbored Member

TY, for non-ladder.I have four complete accounts of fully geared toons.I had zero interest in startin over again.Other servers when they reset you simply lost those toons.Nice to see the option is here.

Gix likes this.
  9. Gix

Gix Founder

I'm sure you will get bored of them at some point and you'll want some fresh challenge on the new ladder season, but yes, we decided to go with the default non-ladder/ladder game style so you will still be able to enjoy your fully geared toons as much as you want. Other servers are not even able to keep such long lasting ladders anyway so don't be surprised on what they do. :)

10. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

its actually a good thing for you since everyone has to start from zero

11. evldmn

evldmn Member

Will there be any changes to the patch or is that a secret? Maybe new items, new mobs, something more challenging than the ubers?

12. Gix

Gix Founder

We never focused on becoming a modded realm, this is a blizzlike realm and we don't plan on twisting the hell out of this game with non-sense that modded patches may add as we love the original game as is so read the whole first post not just the first two lines as it's all been stated there. If at some point we will decide to go for a modded realm (we thought on this before too) then we shall host it separately and leave this realm untouched as people are here to play the original game, as close as the retail server, together with some of our custom features that make it more accessible.

13. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Active Member

Awesome !!

14. Botlike

Botlike Well-Known Member

Good stuff. Now it's also the best time of the year for that to happen. Can't say it was unexpected tho.

Cheers everybody and don't forget to let all your friends know about it.

[​IMG]

Gix and dalmadorm like this.
  15. evldmn

evldmn Member

I meant light modding, the kind you have now.

16. bon bon ceyo

bon bon ceyo Member

i've just created my account and will install d2 tonight (if i can find the CD's and keys lol)
    looking forward to playing in a private server (never done before). reset is also welcome (tho not necessary for me). greetings to all who serve and enjoy this realm.

Gix likes this.
  17. Gix

Gix Founder

bon bon ceyo likes this.
  18. Alst

Alst Active Member

gr8 news! wish you this ladder be greater than the last one :)
    Would have been fun if the custom items rotated, let's say on this reset, you make other 2 armors or items moded instead of templar's and tyrael's ;)) on the next reset, other 2 and so on

19. emanuel

emanuel Member

+1 thx plz

*guillotineclass

20. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Active Member

Spread the word lads !! Now is the perfect time to do this amazing adventure called EuropeBattle.NET even more Epic !!

One thing is for sure - HYPE is real !! :cool: :cool: