Guide Cheap Uber Smitter

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Nopik, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

Hi all.

I still see here guys asking for help with ubers, because they dont have smitter.
    First what I want to tell. We can help you anytime, only ask on chat or forum for sure. We have fun and you have torch :)

I like do ubers always with my character (with cheap equpment when start ladder). So i want to give you some like guide how you can do it alone, because i think smitter is the cheapest build in diablo 2

So what do you need for defeat uber quest? Good resist under mephisto conviction aura, life, crushing blow, IAS. Some damage reduction, fhr, fire and light absorb.

Equipment :

Armor :
    Guardian angel : +1 paladin skills, +15% to maximum all resist, +20% increased chance to block. Socketed with +15% IAS jewel or P Ruby (+38 life)
    DURES runeword - SHAEL UM THUL : 15%CB, 33%OW,+10-20% Enhanced Damage, resists
    SMOKE runeword - NEF LUM : +75% Enhanced Defense, All Res +50, 20% Faster Hit Recovery

+ Treachery runeword - SHAEL THUL LEM : 5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Fade When Struck, so we use it only for buff

Helm :
    Gillaumes face
    : +30% FHR, 15% Chance of Deadly Strike, 35% CB, +15 str. Socketed with +15% IAS jewel or P Ruby (+38 life)
    Kira's Guardian : +20% FHR, Cannot Be Frozen, All res +50-70. Socketed with +15% IAS jewel or P Ruby (+38 life)

Or you can use here Shako + UM rune or Rockstopper + P ruby or UM rune.

Shield :
    Sacret targe/sacred rondache with some all res maybe. Socketed with 4xP diamond : +76 all res

Gloves :
    Dracul's Grasp : +10-15 str, +5-10 Life After Each Kill, 25% OW, 7-10% Life Stolen and 5% Chance To Cast Level 10 Life Tap On Striking

Boots :
    Goblin toe
    : 25% CB

belt :
    Thundergod's Vigor : +160-200% Enhanced Defense, +20 Lightning Absorb, 10% To Maximum Lightning Resist, +20 str, +20 vitality
    Verdungo's Hearty Cord : 10% FHR, +30-40 vitality, Replenish Life +10-13, DR 10-15%

rings :
    Raven Frost : Cold Absorb 20%, Cannot Be Frozen, +15-20 dex
    Dwarf Star : +40 life, Fire Absorb 15%

amulet :
    The Cat's Eye : +30% FRW, +20% IAS, +25 dex
    Highlord's Wrath : +1 To All Skills, +20% IAS, 0-37 % Deadly Strike (Based On Character Level), Lightning Resist +35%

weapon :
    Heaven's Light
    : +20% IAS, 33% CB, +2-3 To Paladin Skill Levels. Socketed with 2xSHAEL rune
    BLACK runeword - THUL IO NEF in flail : +120% Enhanced Damage, 40% CB, +10 to Vitality, 15% IAS

switch :
    weapon :
    Call to Arms - AMN RAL MAL IST OHM : for boo. If you dont have CtA use any SPIRIT runeword - TAL THUL ORT AMN
    shield : SPIRIT runeword - TAL THUL ORT AMN in any pala shield

we can use this switch items when use TREACHERY runeword for boost FADE but i am not sure if it work together or no but i do it all time :)

Stats points :

strenght : use how much you need for equip your items
    dexterity : for max block (after boo with holy shield)
    vitality : all rest here
    energy : nothing

Skill points :

maxed :
    fanaticism
    holy shield
    conviction
    defiance

1 point :
    zeal
    (for minions)

rest in :
    smite

Strategy :

1. create hell game with your smitter
    2. join game with your sorc for teleport
    3. if you dont have CtA join with your barbarian for boo. If you have CtA dont need barbarian.
    4. transmute first keyset, go in with all characters. Boo, cast holy shield for paladin and frozen armor for sorc, tele with your sorc. Open TP somewere close to boss. Sorc quit area (no game). Barbarian can leave game for faster killing.
    5. go in TP with your paladin, use fanaticsm aura and smite (zeal if want kill minions)
    do this for Forgoten sands, Matrons den and Furance of pain
    6. if you have organs transmute it
    7. go somewhere for boo if you dont have CtA and use your barbarian for boo
    8. equipTREACHERY armor, switch weapons, go in some fire in tristam, wait for fade efect
    9. eqiup your main armor, use main weapon and shield
    10. use conviction aura take mephisto away from baal and diablo. Meph is life dog, go with you..
    11. smite meph with conviction this give you a lot of resist under his conviction aura
    12. use fanatism aura and smite diablo + baal
    13. take your torch

That is all. I do it this way when i dont have better eqipment for my smitter. Sure somebody have better way, but this is only inspiration for your cheap uber smiter.

enjoy THE GAME.

2. MadVisions

MadVisions Supporter

my UT smiter build == regular hdin + black + gore + amp wand + treacery fade for stack res
    works 10 out of 10 times

Nopik likes this.
  3. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Wisp projectors would be cool for smiter i bet :D

4. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

Yes it would be, but i write this like cheap build and i think if you do some trav runs you have dwarf for sure. Dwarf can drop in nightmare :)

KindlyChat and Fatty180 like this.
  5. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

I think there is a typo - u want to use Salvation, not conviction :)

Otherwise great guide.

KindlyChat and TheProdigy like this.
  6. Waldi

Waldi Active Member

Good combination: Duress + Kingslayer and Exile in eth, non eth pala shield +40res
    Killing ubers is a piece of cake

7. TimmyDeezNuts

TimmyDeezNuts Rezident Ninja Forum Legend

If my understanding is correct, a conviction higher than Mephs will cancel his out, therefore eliminating the need for salvation.

Dyndrilliac and Nopik like this.
  8. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

Yes you understandig is correct.
    Salvation lvl 20 give you and your party: Fire/Cold/Lightning Resist +108%
    Conviction lvl 20 give only for you: Defense -90%, Elemental Resistance -125% and this cancel Mephs conviction aura.

9. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Well, you definitely learn new stuff every day! Thanks for enlightening me! :]

Dyndrilliac, TheProdigy and Nopik like this.
  10. TheProdigy

TheProdigy Senior Member

Whelp...looks like I'm resetting my skill points haha. Never knew this.

Nopik likes this.
  11. An0n1mUs

An0n1mUs Member

Can this build work with Herald of Zakarum Shield (someone gave it to me while rushing) and Bloodfist Heavy Gloves (I cant seem to get Draculs grasp)?

12. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

Shield from build is only for resistance, so sure you can use HoZ it have 50@res too and good other stats. And use some small res charms if need more resistances. Dont forget MAXED conviction aura for uber mephisto.
    And i am sure you can make game named "free dracs pls" and comunity give you for free :) Draculs is sure better.

Dyndrilliac and Fatty180 like this.
  13. An0n1mUs

An0n1mUs Member

Thanks for your reply. I'll add a socket to HoZ and put a pdiamond in it.

Nopik likes this.
  14. SlyMonkey

SlyMonkey Member

Is it possible to do Tristram without max resistences yet? Most of my gear is done for my first smiter but i dont have the small charms yet for resistences. Might need to Um my helm and get resistences armor. Currently using Guardians Angel which was just cheapest I had.

15. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

You can easy have resistance from:
    Shield :Sacret targe/sacred rondache with all res +35 or more, socketed with 4xP diamond : +76 all res
    Helm :Kira's Guardian all res +50-70
    and it is enough, all these items you can have for free on server, only ask people. Base and runes for Dures runeword too and there is some resists too. If need any of this items PM me and i can give you in game.
    Sure dont forget max conviction aura for uber mephisto.
    Good luck.

16. SlyMonkey

SlyMonkey Member

Thank you! I was able to kill them. I have Kingslayer PB, Exile, Guardians angel, Guillehame, Gore Riders, Verundgo/Tgods, Dwarf star/raven frost, Dracs, and the Cats eye.
    Will make a fortitude to replace the GA and put an Um in my Helmet probably. Mephisto killed me once but I forgot to cast shield... lol xD

17. melihsoykan

melihsoykan Senior Member

18. noxsexy

noxsexy Active Member

Nice guide !
    P.S : It can be better arranged in the page and you might aswell correct some gramatical errors. ( It is a guide and it must be perfect imo )

19. Neko941

Neko941 Supporter

Well still viable and better options are two things different. This one is still viable yes and its a cheap build u could do it only by farming nightmare i assume except maybe got draculs who can be easily replaced by a life tap wand.

So yeah cheap and still viable.
    The build you link ( i just read few lines) talk about grief and coh/fortitude and exile wich is relatively high end item. So yeah it must be more viable i mean more easy more secure but we're totally not on the same budget ( you wont ask if an eaglehorn bowzone is better then a botd/faith on mercenray bowzone )
    Whats better to answer your questions ? Survability in this build AND SO everything is better cause u must stay alive to kill thoses monsters. Dont even need to talk about the zeal damage on minions who sometime block you or even the smite one.

But for example whit fortitude if i remember well even whit 45@shield u miss a little bit of resist for meph so i dont understand why this guide dont tell to take 30 sec or less to prebuff fade ?? When he said meph is a pain kill him first.
    i dont even talk about skills point cause there is different opinions on this subject and i dont have enough ubersmiter knowledge to talk about it. I never equip a LW of my life so.... lol definitely not a unertristam god.

For me its like u compare a black runeworld build where u change your armor for prebuff fade etc and a build whit lastwish équiped a 6k def CoH and a 6k def exile.
    It must be more viable ( who said no challenge hehe ??) But its more a money questions then a is this better questions.

To be clear cause the presentation on smartphone is ugly i cant even re-read myself...

This build still viable.
    Yes there is ofc more viable build but the ladder reset 10 days ago..

For my part i just have one sorc lvl 84 for beginner farm. Still no BO barb no hammerdin and no smitter.
    So for my first torch i will use this type of low budgets smiter ( who work perfectly thanks to the full rej potions).
    See ya

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Nopik, BluEyeDevil and melihsoykan like this.
  20. melihsoykan

melihsoykan Senior Member

Nopik likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted