Question regarding chaos farming.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by fafaedras, Jun 12, 2017.

1. fafaedras

fafaedras Active Member

When farming chaos sanctuary/diablo is it best to farm all uniques?
    All monsters in general?
    Or only seal bosses + diablo?

Another question: do you guys reckon I'd have a better chance at high items while farming with 250MF this route:
    Trav+meph+diablo+baal
    Or 500MF this route:
    Trav+meph+Ancient tunnels

Thanks in advance for replies :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Cascada likes this.
  2. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Well, regarding to your second question - is there a specific reason why you would go these exact locations only? Why dont you farm all of the alvl85 locations with travi, key bosses and dia+baal? :) And about %MF - killing speed >> MF, so thats about it :)

As for chaos run - as far as I know, every monster can drop every item in the game there, so why would you skip them, right? :)

Nopik, Cascada and Fatty180 like this.
  3. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Well mate first of all when farming chaos santuary u should be killing all monsters to be honest some guys got gg drops from normal mons in chaos.The interesting thing about chaos is those ghosts who have increased drop rate of runes jewels rings amulets etc.
    Imo u should go trav+mep+ chaos and diablo + on the road to baal (griffons eye dropped for me from a common tiny mob i was gonna leave in wsk lvl3) not nessarily to clear all throne room just head up for waves cuz u dont know if dolls+souls spawned :)

Cascada likes this.
  4. fafaedras

fafaedras Active Member

Because it seemed to me like they were most efficient. For example as a blizz sorc, no monsters in AT are cold immune (except rarely uniques). Trav + meph have a very high chance of dropping unique items, plus they arent a problem with my 500%mf 63FCR gear.

One of key bosses is nihlathak, but with blizz sorc he would be a pain. Still dont have teleport gear for my hammerdin

But yeah, I've been trying to go a bigger route with 270mf 105 FCR and it seems a lot quicker, I get trav->meph->chaos->baal->pindle->AT in <10 mins

Can they really drop every item? All non-bosspack monsters there are lvl 85 with TC87. Dont they need to be TC87-Mlvl87 to drop? Only boss pack monsters get Mlvl88, TC87, and champs get 87/87

Thanks for the opinion :)

Cascada likes this.
  5. Joaiuda

Joaiuda Highlord Cringe Supporter

Chaos is best.

Cascada likes this.
  6. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Nithalak is the best :)

Cascada likes this.
  7. Goplexer

Goplexer Senior Member

Tower,Pit, Trav, Hcs is good too)

Fatty180 likes this.
  8. Botlike

Botlike Well-Known Member

I usually kill the bigger packs at the River on my way to CS, then I fully clean CS and kill Diablo. Some people skip the regular mobs, but I would say kill all.
    Travincal and Mephisto are not the best places to farm if you are looking for high tier unique items, the only worthy stuff you'll get are SoJs, Arachs, eth SS, eth titans and such. These areas are OK-ish for rune hunting, but it will probably take alot of time to find a HR. I personally wouldn't grind those in the long run.

AT is a great place to grind with a cold sorc, because there are rarely any cold immunes, you can find all items in the game there and the runs can be done really fast, especially if you aim for the unique mobs and really dense packs only. Again it might take quite a few runs before you find something of value there, but it's worth it. Here I kill only the unique mobs and skip the rest.

WSK2/3 + throne + Baal are great areas to farm, but only if your character is strong enough to survive there and clear fast. Again some people prefer to skip regular mobs here, but everything can drop good stuff so, you decide.

BTW I don't know what gear you are using, but in my opinion stick with the 105 fcr and then focus on building towards higher MF if you are going to stick with that sorc. Although you don't need fcr for your blizzard, faster teleporting saves time.

GL

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Fatty180, Cem and Cascada like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted