Solved MF clarification

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JackTheRipper, Apr 12, 2018.

1. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

Hey ya'll, it's been a few years since I was last active in this forum/server. Came upon the ladder reset notification on Facebook and started craving some D2 again!

Just wanted some clarification on MF in this realm, on the website under FAQ's it says

"Are the magic find percentages any different than standard realms?
    No. They are exactly the same. "

it also says on the home page that the server features "better drop rates". Are they not both one and the same? is MF even useful in this realm or should i just smash with the highest/quickest DPS? ( sorry if it's been answered/asked, i did a quick search before posting but didn't find anything quite related to my question, will delete this after if I can ^ ^ )

Thanks in advance!

2. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Best Answer
    There are plenty of topics about this theme here on forum, but long story short:
    MF and drop rates are not the same thing, but due to increased drop rates on this server, you should not sacrifice killing speed to get more MF. So basically DMG>MF.

3. lightning_fury

lightning_fury Well-Known Member

its proven hundred times - the faster u clear a location-the more u potentially get. i personally tested 0, 1-150, 150-300, 500-1000 mf and havent seen any vital difference in drop. but, ofc, i saw difference in clearing time

Quinneczech and JackTheRipper like this.
  4. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

100~150 mf its ok

JackTheRipper likes this.
  5. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

Thanks for the replies! Yeah like I said, I searched and although I found topics about MF in general, I haven't found a topic that clarified the confusion between MF %'s and the boost in drop rates, since it sounded to me like they were contradicting. Maybe I wasn't specific enough in my search though ( since there's a loot of different topics on MF ) or I simply just missed something. Either way I'll mark this as answered. :) Thanks again!

6. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't used the proper search terms because there are threads where this has been discussed in detail. MF is always good to have but higher DPS is even more important. Find a value that works for you, I for example play with high MF while others play with low I personally noticed a difference but that is just me. It affects items quality when they drop, not the general drop rate of everything and most important of all to remember is that mf doesn't have any influence on runes drop so if you are looking for drop clearing the zone as fast as possible is what you should do.

Quinneczech likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted