Guide Ethereal Bug Armor Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by TimmyDeezNuts, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Neko941

Neko941 Supporter

U could bug it one more time to 2037 def for perfection

TheProdigy likes this.
  2. TheProdigy

TheProdigy Senior Member

Quick question:
    Though I’m a veteran of doing this in the ways described, have we tried just using a Pul rune in eth, non-uniques, rather than a runeword? I’m pretty sure this doesn’t work, but just wanted to know for sure.

Likewise, has anyone tested non-runeword bugging in eth SUPERIOR items that already have %ed? I feel like that would work just like it does on a unique, because you already have %ed on there. Thanks.

Quick edit: If unknown, I will test the first theory tonight, second one if I find some eth superior armor to do so.

3. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Hi there @TheProdigy ,
    If you read carefully the first post, you should not have any troubles with all of this.
    This guide contains bugging the runewords bases and unique items.
    This is the answer for both questions.
    In order to make the bug in eth superior/normal bases you need to make a runeword that grants %ED.
    You can use any rune you please and remove it with Hel+TP only in eth uniques, but Pul is not a factor in creating the bug, as I said you can use any rune you please.Regards.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  4. TheProdigy

TheProdigy Senior Member

Thanks Atox. I don’t see where you got that second quoted text though. I have reread Tim’s OP and see no authoritative statement on superior items (with ed) behaving exactly like non-superior ones for this bug, only that their based %ed will remain, even after the base is upped to 2037 def. So my thought was that eth superior runeword bases could possibly be bugged without a runeword, because they already have %ed, but had a feeling people have tried and could answer. I think they still require a runeword, but no one has clearly stated that.

5. Atox

In order to make the bug in eth superior/normal bases you need to make a runeword that grants %ED.
    You can use any rune you please and remove it with Hel+TP only in eth uniques, but Pul is not a factor in creating the bug, as I said you can use any rune you please.
    Screenshot030.jpg
    I have made stone before that.

6. TheProdigy

TheProdigy Senior Member

Okay, I still don’t know where that 2nd quote you show came from, as it wasn’t from the OP. Is it from another thread where these same questions were explored?? I see that you have increased the base def on that armor, as I myself have on several eth armors, even just this week.

But seeing as how you still have several hundred def left to increase before maxing out, you can easily check this and say it doesn’t work. Throw a normal rune or gem in there and remove. See if it increases or decreases. If no increase, try same with a Pul rune. If it doesn’t increase, then eth superior armors with base %ed ABSOLUTELY need a runeword with %ed (like stone in 4soc or duress in 3soc) to bug defense. But I still haven’t seen any response that has stated “I’ve tested this, it doesn’t work.”

Tzutzu79 likes this.
  7. Tzutzu79

Tzutzu79 You're too late, Hahaha.. Moderator

I'm very interested about this too...haven't tried this yet

8. Atox

You can use any rune you please and remove it with Hel+TP only in eth uniques, but Pul is not a factor in creating the bug, as I said you can use any rune you please.

9. TheProdigy

TheProdigy Senior Member

And for the third time, I know how to do this and have MANY times. I am just asking if anyone has verified the "ONLY" in that statement? To make my question more clear, I will expand on what I know and clarify what I am asking:
    1. Eth Uniques = any rune, gem, or jewel in them, remove and repeat until base def limit is reached. DONE.
    2. Eth normal base armors (shields and helms too) = Must create any runeword with %ed on it, remove and repeat until base def is reached. Pul rune, any other rune, gems, and jewels don't work. DONE.
    3. Eth SUPERIOR base armors (with %ed, not just increased durability) = Create a runeword with %ed on it, remove and repeat. DONE. However, has anyone tried to just use a gem or possibly a Pul rune in a superior base to up it and proven it doesn't work? I am guessing it doesn't, but have yet to get confirmation from anyone saying that they have attempted.

10. Atox

I removed the quotes as it created confusion that wasn't supposed to be, they were just for informative purposes and were my own words in that post. As for the superior base armor, I provided with some pictures to see what i meant by only in eth uniques.
    I'm sorry for the misunderstanding created.
    Screenshot031.jpg Screenshot032.jpg Screenshot033.jpg

11. TheProdigy

TheProdigy Senior Member

I am sorry for being so persistent as well and adding to the confusion. That last set of images is PERFECT, thank you. So eth superiors don't get upped with just any rune. It must be a runeword, or, more simply...they behave just like a non-superior in this bug. Thanks for all the help!

12. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

I wish i saw this before i made my Fort haha. I did the glitch to socket my eth armour in the cube and got it up to like 900def thinking if i made Fort it'd go to like 6k, COMPLETELY forgot about this step lmao oh well, now i know! Thanks for this guide! Least I can make my merc's Eth Andy's def high enough to make him op :p

Neko941 and Atox like this.
  13. Sonic

Sonic Member

This is the second Stone in a 13% ED archon, should i try one more or it doesn't deserve?

stone x 2.png

14. Tzutzu79

Tzutzu79 You're too late, Hahaha.. Moderator

It's enough, you can't get more, enjoy

15. Neko941

Neko941 Supporter

786 and 1154 make 1940 and you can make the base defense up to 2034.
    So i think u can do it one more time before doing your RW.
    But well its already a beautifull and powerfull armor

16. GGOneManArmy

GGOneManArmy Senior Member

Can i bug eth rare or magic items with ed?

17. dahappygoat

dahappygoat Senior Member

Yo timmy is there a such thing as bugged weapons? My Reaper's Toll is Eth 1 empty socket (no zod). (use him on my merc) and durability never drops from 39/39. Is that normal?

18. GGOneManArmy

GGOneManArmy Senior Member

Only items with defense can be bugged, you cant bug weapon dmg and your durability is the same beacouse when merc use item , this item cannont be broken.

dahappygoat likes this.
  19. Gix

Gix Founder

Mercenary equipment doesn't loose durability. Ethereal items are popular on mercenaries for this reason.

dahappygoat likes this.
  20. Metkiytroll

Metkiytroll Senior Member

It's great guide. big thanks :)

Screenshot010.jpg

Atox and nycter like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted