Guide CE Necromancer - Cow Runs

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Atox, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Corpse Explosion Necromancer / Cow Runs
    NOTE: This build is focused on cow runs but can be used for all content.

Sample Video
    Here is a short video for 3 runs that I made, out of practice, but still a decent time.

Welcome to my CE Necro guide for cow runs and viable for all content. I've been asked quite a few times about my build so I decided to make a guide to be more accessible for everyone.
    It takes me around 3 minutes with going for the wirt's leg, open cow portal, kill all the cows, pick up all the items and exit the game.
    The idea behind this build is to play safe, never teleport inside a pack of mobs only around them, cast bone wall in order to get packs of mobs closer. You should always cast bone wall at the center of 2 or more packs of mobs in order to get them close faster. After you got few packs of mobs you can start casting Amplify Damage, wait for your mercenary and iron golem to kill a monster so you can use Corpse Explosion until all monsters are dead and you can move to the next packs of mobs.

Stats Allocation
    • Strength: Nothing / Enough to wear gear
    • Dexterity: Nothing / Enough to wear gear
    • Vitality: Everything else
    • Energy: Nothing

Skills Allocation

Curses
    • 1 to 20 points Amplify Damage ( you can go max points and have a huge radius or just enough to cover your screen, is up to personal preference )
    Poison And Bone
    • 1 Teeth for synergy
    • 20 Corpse Explosion
    • 1 Bone Armor ( remaining points )
    • 1 Bone Wall ( remaining points )
    Summoning
    • 1 Clay Golem for synergy
    • 1 Blood Golem for synergy ( remaining points )
    • 20 Iron Golem
    • 20 Golem Mastery
    • 1 Summon Resist
    Remaining points
    You have three options here:
    • Allocate points equally between Bone Wall and Blood Golem
    • Allocate points to Bone Wall until max then the rest to Bone Armor
    • Allocate points to Blood Golem until max then the rest to Bone Wall
    FCR Frames
    0% 15
    9% 14
    18% 13
    30% 12
    48% 11
    75% 10
    125% 9
    FHR Frames
    0% 13
    5% 12
    10% 11
    16% 10
    26% 9
    39% 8
    56% 7
    86% 6
    152% 5
    377% 4
    Equipment Setup 125% FCR & 86 FHR Breakpoints
    The goal here is to reach the FCR Breakpoint 125%, which means you will need to combine your equipment in order to obtain it.
    For starter, you can use the following combination in order to reach 125%FCR
    Hoto 40FCR +Spirit 35FCR + Gloves 20FCR + 1x Ring 10FCR + Belt 20FCR = 125%FCR

You can use the following combination in order to reach FHR Breakpoint 86%
    Spirit 55FHR + Shael in Helm 20FHR + 3x 5fhr small charms = 90%FHR

Spirit 55FHR + Templar's Might 20FHR + 3x 5fhr small charms = 90%FHR
    Spirit 55FHR + Shael in Templar's Might 40FHR = 95%FHR

Heads
    Rare Coronet - 2 to Necro / 20 FCR + other mods like 2sockets/str/dex/life/mana/allrez etc.
    Shako
    - Socket with whatever you are missing on str/dex/life/allrez.

Shields
    1st Hand: Spirit Monarch - 35FCR or enough to reach the 125FCR Breakpoint.
    2nd Hand: Spirit Monarch - Random FCR

Weapons
    1st Hand: Hearth of the Oak ( HOTO ) - 40 all resists if possible.
    2nd Hand: Call to Arms ( CTA ) - As high you can get.

Armors
    Templar's Might - Socket with whatever you are missing on str/dex/life/allrez.
    Enigma - The best you can get.

Rings
    NOTE: You will need to combine the rings depending on what you are missing.
    FCR Ring - 10 FCR + any other mod like str/dex/life/allrez.
    Stone of Jordan - For mana.
    Bul-Kathos Ring - For life.

Amulets
    Mara's Kaleidoscope - 30 all resists if possible.
    Rare/Crafted Amulet - 2 Necro / 20 FCR + other mods like str/dex/life/mana/allrez etc.

Gloves
    Trang-Oul Gloves - 2 to Curses / Cold Resists.
    Magefist - Mana Regen / +1 to Corpse Explosion

Belts
    Arachnid Mesh - There are no other good options here.

Boots
    NOTE: Use whatever boots suit you better
    Marrwwalk - For strength, dexterity, mana regen.
    Waterwalk - For life, dexterity.
    Sandstorm Trek - For life, strength.
    War Traveler - For life, strength, magic find.

Inventory
    NOTE: Skillers are not that important with this build so is better to focus on small charms.
    Necromancer Torch - Any stats you can get.
    Annihilus - Any stats you can get.
    Small Charms - Any charm with some life+any other good mod / all resists charms+ any other good mod / magic find charms etc.
    Key
    Tome of Town Portal
    Tome of Identify

Mercenary

We will be using Act 2 Mercenary Offense (Nightmare) with Might Aura
    The only item you need to have is ETH Infinity and to be able to reach a decent IAS Breakpoint for the mercenary, any other item can be changed to whatever you think is good to improve his damage and survivability or reach other breakpoints like FHR/CB.
    Giant Thresher & Thresher
    IAS Breakpoint

Colossus Voulge & Cryptic Axe
    IAS Breakpoint
    Town Guard (Act 2 Mercenary)
    Infinity in ETH Giant Thresher
    Gulli Face socketed with any 15IAS jewel
    ETH Bugged Treachery
    Highlord Amulet
    Carrionwind Ring
    ETH Draculas
    ETH Goblin Toe
    ETH Verdungo

[​IMG]

Iron Golem
    The Iron Golem is very strong with this build and you don't have to worry about him dying all the time. I did all the content with him and he never died once.
    NOTE: Summon the Iron Golem from an eth insight weapon so you will have meditation aura at all times.

Happy cow hunting.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    OBG, Blessedone, Time2D2 and 17 others like this.
  2. Joaiuda

Joaiuda Highlord Cringe Supporter

Great guide and really nice dmg output! Merc is strong with just Stone armor (not much compared to bugged forty) and Infinity melts things fast /although my items are not Eth high end/
    I messed up a bit in skill points and maxed out Raise Skeleton buy honestly I still like the dmg the CE brings out!

Honourable mention is the “remaining” points (coz as I said wasted 20 of them) might be better put into Bone wall(prison) because as bonus they give 15 dmg absorb while Bone armor gets 10 per each point

Anyway - I’m happy with this build - never played with such field of Amp + AoE - and Iron golem... wooe He is made out of a crappy 4 os poleaxe /non eth/ Insight but still gives me what I need and hasn’t been in real danger / I ran every area without Uber Clones /
    Appreciate the knowledge and the help! All the best wishes!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Fatty180, Atox, colder and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cascada

Cascada Supporter

Thank you for the hard work!!!

Fatty180, Atox, Joaiuda and 1 other person like this.
  4. Atox

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  5. Tzutzu79

Tzutzu79 You're too late, Hahaha.. Moderator

Hmm, I sense a personal conflict here...
    I understand you're not satisfied about his build but your paperwork so far was only criticism.
    Maybe he didn't want to post a superexpensive/pvp/godly build. Maybe it's his way to help ppl around. Maybe it's enough for start.
    However, we appreciate experienced players like you
    Make your own great build and post it here.
    Till then, keep CONSTRUCTIVE dialog please.
    Good luck

hyperbox, sphinx25, Atox and 3 others like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

@Leviathan, as @Tzutzu79 suggested, you should take this in private although it appears that @Atox tried to contact you already but you ignored it. Your very first post on this forum, except the ironman registrations, is basically a hate post full of insults (I'm talking about the initial post you made in this thread before it was cleaned by moderators, where you end up questioning someone's children IQ? How can you believe that this is not extremely insulting for a person?) towards a GM because apparently, he did not provide you starting gear within 30 minutes over a year ago when you whispered him. I'm not sure why would you even consider that's a GM responsibility because it is not but you claim he instantly whispered you back to make a game when you challenged him to a duel when in my opinion that was obviously a reply to your initial message of requesting starting gear. Have you considered that was the time he got back at the PC, about 30 minutes later as you claimed? Just because someone is online in-game it does not mean he is also at the computer and is watching chat 24/7 in order to reply instantly to every single message.
    Regardless, it's silly to make a vendetta out of this for over a year just because the guy wasn't fast enough to provide you with gear, gear that's not even his or anyone else's responsibility to provide.
    Every GM and active player out there has provided free items to other players for years now because they like to help and not because they are obliged to, there is even a forum thread where someone can ask for starting items although most of the giveaways are being made in-game so do me a favor and end this nonsense personal vendetta because you have been ranting in several posts by now that we had to clean due to quite some serious insults and your only argument behind the insults was reducing the run time by half of a minute when the guide doesn't even specify a fixed amount of time but an approximation. If you are unable to do so then you don't have to reply to these threads, feel free to contribute with your own guides in this case.

hyperbox, colder, Tzutzu79 and 2 others like this.
  7. ivan g

ivan g Well-Known Member

so now the PRO tells how cows necro works without too much headache.
    amplify max
    corpse max
    clay golem
    all stats vita --- dont need block because u have bone armor.
    merk insight ++ fort and helm for crush , highlord amu , war boots ( NO RAVEN FROST RING)
    infinity and co USELESS because necro destroy cows like nothing.( we know that coprse 50% fire 50%physical but inf USELESSS)
    when u need propper builds WITHOUT too much headache let me know or pm me .

Leviathan likes this.
  8. zirzius

zirzius Supporter

Infinity is best and only weapon for CE necro becouse of reaching 100% crushing blow(it provides 40%), with infinity you can clear all levels not only cows + infinity reduces fire res so how come its useless ?
    I'm playing CE necro since forever and can tell this build is good for cleaning cows, got my own opinion how to make starter gear with CE necro but its good too. Tho got 1 tip for the build, Bone armor provides less defense then bone wall synergy it self 10 vs 15

eKc, sdfsss, Fatty180 and 4 others like this.
  9. Atox

It is a good suggestion @zirzius, I will add it to the guide.
    Thank you.

colder and zirzius like this.
  10. ivan g

ivan g Well-Known Member

A necro withoit too much headache(again ). when u put infinity on merk then u need iron golem with insight , and he dies sometimes.... then u must make new insight and and and :)))read my post correctly and thing about it .and again... every bodyknows for infinity effect on corpse explode, for me useless, because necro kill it easy without it , synergie to boneearmor gives more dmg absorb then bonearmor , i think this is clear by all people who play diablo .

Leviathan likes this.
  11. colder

colder One of the Legends Game Master

Useless is insight Not Infinity, coz you can play without mana aura and golem will not die if you make him with Eth tomb reaver 3s shael 2xamn then ias dmg res and Leech.

12. ivan g

ivan g Well-Known Member

yea when u play piano with rejuvs in your belt u dont need insight :)

colder and Leviathan like this.
  13. Atox

Please take a moment and read my guide, the golem will never die that is why you put points in him. I did all the content with him up to 8players game and he didn't die once. If you have something to add about the guide that is constructive feel free to do but please keep this thread clean form all these nonsense comments and use edit function.

Stefansg, colder and Nopik like this.
  14. metkam_42

metkam_42 Active Member

Thank you, great guide;).
    i would suggest;
    - use magefist for +1 fire skills. (hidden +1 skill to CE)
    - max blood golem first instead of iron golem. (iron golem levels just add thorns damage and defense. blood golem synergy adds +hp to iron golem)

Fatty180, Atox and colder like this.
  15. stackthis

stackthis Member

I built the necro this way:

Skills:

Max CE
    Max AmpDmg (doubles damage target receives.. all levels above 1 increases radius and length)
    1 pt in each of the golems (I use Clay)
    1 pt golem mastery
    1 pt summon mastery
    1 pt skeleton mastery
    Few pts in skeletons (with might merc they're pretty great help and don't need no wall.. they are one)
    rest into bone wall, armor

Equipment:

Any tp armor (Eni, Templars)
    2/20 necro circlet
    HOTO
    20 fcr gloves (I like mages due to mana attribute)
    Arach
    10 fcr ring + mods
    2/15+ necro amulet
    soj
    homunculus (eth bugged with Zod) - worth it due to mana attributes, all res and gives super high defense
    I prefer Sandstorms

Might Merc (with 100 cb and 60 fhr):

Fast Infy polearm (Thresher, Giant Thresher .. need only 75 ias... never use CV or CA.. those need 89 ias for the same hit/s) - 40 cb, 45 frw+ conviction removes 83% of targets defense
    Guillaumes (put something good in here, no need for ias or fhr) - 35 cb, 15 deadly strike, with shael 30 fhr
    Treachery runeword in eth bugged 3 sock armor - 45 ias + 20 fhr, damage reduced + casts fade quite frequently (amazing)
    10 cb 20ias crafted gloves (super easy to make, but can use also 10 ias ones due to other items) - 20 ias, 10 cb + mods
    Verdungos (or Nosferatu for slow target and life leech, but then need to fhr Guillaumes) - 10 fhr, damage reduced + mods
    Highlords - 1 skill, 20 ias, 33 deadly strike (on lvl 90)
    Raven frost
    Gore riders - 20 frw, 15 cb, 15 deadly strike

All together - 100% cb, 75-85 ias (75 ias breakpoint), 60 fhr (60 fhr breakpoint), 60+ deadly strike

There was someone who did not understand Conviction + amp damage synergy.. that's sad. It's very worthy. As for mana.. well, you have to drink pots want it or not. Even with insight, the mana goes down so fast... I prefer mana elements. I will even exchange Sandstorms with Silkwave if going cows.. loose fhr, but gain 5 mana after each kill.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Tzutzu79, colder and Atox like this.
  16. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

hey first of all Awesome Build i really liked it!

I really love Doing cows with Pure CE necromancer it is 2nd most broken class in the game PVM wise.
    the gear for necromancer and merc is spot on
    Even on DAY 1-3 of ladder Reset u can run hell cows with necromancer!

there are questions i wanted to ask u is that is it worth equipping Beast BA on necromancer to buff up the attackspeed of the merc?
    secondly do u use Harmony bow on Switch for running to waypoint from Start of the spawn?
    i still have 1017MF necromancer buildup Character on this ladder! its all resistances are 70ish but running lvl85 area Ancient tunnels smoothly without a problem.
    necromancer is best class in this game just GG
    Necro vs Java for cows necro is the way.
    Also requested that make Video for demonstration if u can!

Thank u.

Atox likes this.
  17. colder

colder One of the Legends Game Master

Hi Fatty, btw im not sure necro is best class in d2..imo java is best just need for start best pierce, ias and dmg.. if we talking about Best equip who knows me , know im doing java cow tm- phoenix- griffon- infi-ring double leech-55ias-block on 2-2.5min P8.. but its my opinion , if someone need ill make here post with javazon detaily equips for any budget :p.
    Regards

Fatty180, Tzutzu79 and Atox like this.
  18. Atox

I already have magefist as an option in my build, didn't know that they give hidden sk to CE.
    Golem already has alot of hp, I maxed iron golem for defence purposes and you will still have points left for blood golem. Thx for your suggestions, much appreciated.
    Thx for sharing your build, I think that for cows you will lose some speed. At the end of day we all play our own style. I like the detail on your merc, is a good suggestion and I will do the same for my guide. Thx for the input, much appreciated.
    Switching beast for hoto just for merc, for me is not worth it as it will have a loss in fcr and my goal is 125%FCR. There are other builds like summoners that will benefit from it for sure. I have enigma or templar as armor so there is no need to run and the secondary weapon is cta+spirit for bo. Video suggestion is good and I might add a video for demonstration purposes in the upcoming time.
    Thx for your suggestions, much appreciated.
    Cheers

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    metkam_42 and Nopik like this.
  19. stackthis

stackthis Member

Can you explain the first part about the losing speed?
    This one's mainly for CS, cow, Pit and Baal runs. You want that 100 cb for bosses especially

But this is one of the most fun builds. If you play with MH, it's ridiculous to see how the monster packs basically disappear ona moment's notice.

20. Atox

Having to summon skeletons you can lose some speed, that is what I found when playing with summons. If you still get under 3 min runs then will be fine. Hope this answer your question.

z0sk1e and stackthis like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted