Guide CE Necromancer - Cow Runs

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Atox, Jan 6, 2020.

1. zirzius

zirzius Supporter

If you were such an expert on CE necro you would know that conviction does not reduce poision resist :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    offline, Ha0s, Povka and 4 others like this.
  2. stackthis

stackthis Member

Ah, gocha, yes. It's not that long, tbh. :whistle: But I don't run just cows. So it was worth to take a few seconds here and there. This one is super fun in The Pit and Ancient Tunnels. For cows I'd just go with complete basics.

P.S. I asked a friend who actually hinted me to use this build if he kills everything in the pit or just the packs.. and he said - with CE necro? Is there a difference? lol

I was thinking the same when I read this. Also, there's not only the physical resists that infy takes off, but also fire. Being the CE is half physical and half fire, it's a must. Ofc, combining just physical with -res and double damage monster receives is already enough for the most part, but you can't just say no to the extra damage. Make sure that monster is double dead :D

Sayadjin and Atox like this.
  3. colder

colder One of the Legends Game Master

Remember all , the Corpse Explosion skill is not only Damage 50/50 fire/physical ..its just one differience, when u put more points in skill you keep radius and Radius CE=Skill is stronger, better dmg in area like a bigger explode, im always doing max CE skill first on any pvm build on HC finally with ofc infi and then amp or lower res curse makes best with all.
    Regards

4. Sayadjin

Sayadjin Active Member

Thats really an interesting Nec Build will try it ou7.
    Also it will be really cool if u post for a L Sors aswell or Cold Blizz/Orb Pve/Pvp ;} Build n Talent tree

5. GeRRy_OD

GeRRy_OD Senior Member

Thank you for build! Really cool to do cs/cows/baal!
    Today i've made him. And now it is my lovely character in game.
    ATM i have a big problems with armor(
    I have just Sacred Armor, that slain monsters rest in peace :(
    So my mercancy killing 1 cow, then i am exploded it, and most cows are dead. But i cant explode someone again xD
    So i need to change armor to enigma or TM, but i dont sure about prices, have only 2-3 bers :(

colder and Atox like this.
  6. tonkatabg

tonkatabg Senior Member

If you have 3 bers you can write on your own enigma :) Or change your for one ... with slain monsters rest in peace necromancer is no effective .

GeRRy_OD likes this.
  7. GeRRy_OD

GeRRy_OD Senior Member

i dont like enigma ) it doesn't gives fcr or fhr and @ rez.

So i decided that necr TM is the best armor for this build

Atox and colder like this.
  8. prevy

prevy Senior Member

Hello,
    First of all, thanks for the great builds by the GM staff.
    I would like to note that also I didn't know about the mage fist's hidden bonus!
    I would like to ask couple of questions regarding the CE build:
    Please, advise me if I am calculation something wrong, I believe this merc build would make more impact in 8p game.
    Considering the fact that you are rushing with Beast(Fanaticism lvl 9) and ETH Thresher - Infinity, you only would need 55 IAS to cap your merc, correct?
    Having in the perfect scenario Guillaume's Face + jewel 15 IAS ( 40 ED if possible) + Highlord ( 20 IAS) and Crafted Gloves 20 IAS 10 CB you would have capped IAS frames for your merc.
    Then *Eth Bugged Treachery* is not mandatory anymore, you could rush with Forty, no ?
    Also you would have 100% CB coming by 40% by the Infinity, 10% by the Crafted Gloves, 15% by Gore Riders boots and 35% By the helm.
    The belt will be optional by your own will - maybe Verdungo.(is not going to be mandatory) or if you cannot find crafted gloves with 20 IAS, you can rush with 10 IAS gloves + 10% CB
    and then you need to put Nosferatu's coil(10 IAS) as belt to your merc.

Please, could you enlighten me, why Carrion Wind is the best choice, lifesteal?

P.S.
    And of course playing with runeword Beast, requires Circlet 20 FCR and Amu 20 FCR.

9. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Hi there @prevy, having beast as main weapon is not that good on this build as you don't play with any summons so that means you will trade the hoto ( +3 to all sk / fcr / all res ) for an upgrade to your merc.
    I recommend in my build to have ETH Infinity preferably in an ETH Giant Thresher or ETH Thresher base due to the low IAS breakpoints but any other item is up to you to customize it as you please, I just put there my own merc that I had at the time when the build was made but by no means is any item apart from infinity mandatory. Carrion Wind is for lifesteal like I said not mandatory you could use a raven for cannot be frozen or any other ring that suits you. Hope this answers your questions and thank you for your feedback.
    Cheers.

colder and prevy like this.
  10. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Ravenfrost has Cold damage which will make hard for u to get dead corpse for CE

Also have u tried IK 2x Shaeled Iron golem? Use Phoenix on CTA swap instead of main hand

11. Tarantulah

Tarantulah Active Member

oh my god. just play the game, why so much drama? gr8 build @Atox :)

12. lawyerzzzz

lawyerzzzz Senior Member

Does it matter Golem's use insight base eth or not? And dose it matter insight stats?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  13. Ivan Dimitrov

Ivan Dimitrov Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter the Base to be Eth or not . The higher level meditation - more mana regen.

14. metkam_42

metkam_42 Active Member

i think iron golem gets all attributes of items. eg. crushing below, deadly strike, eth damage bonus, slows enemies, knockback, freeze target, @resist...
    fleshripper, stormlash, Cranium Basher will be good choices.
    ps: i didnt test these features. just my theory :whistle:

15. tonkatabg

tonkatabg Senior Member

eth insight - more damage

16. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

I would recommend having a higher mediation aura because you will use golem for aura and not to kill stuff, it does help to have an eth base but not that much because the damage he does it's very insignificant

lawyerzzzz likes this.
  17. lawyerzzzz

lawyerzzzz Senior Member

I think this char have trouble with big bosses... 5 min ago Diablo killed my golem :) My golem's all synergies are full...
    And i have a last question...I read your guide and i didnt understand one part...You wrote three options for remaining points...1-) Bone Wall and Blood Golem 2-) Bone Wall until max then the rest to Bone Armor 3-)Blood Golem until max then the rest to Bone Wall..... Why not another options is Blood Golem max+ rest to Bone Armor?

Edit by atox: Because bone wall bonus gives 15 dmg absorb while Bone armor gets 10 per each point
    About the diablo thing I personally never had this issue but I do recommend that you let you merc tank everything and not the golem so in case you see that your golem is taking some hits just tp/reposition yourself

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2020
    Atox and colder like this.
  18. tonkatabg

tonkatabg Senior Member

You might mistakes something . This golem getting dead is so hard :D my golem got 30 000 life ...
    + if you use infinity or something with crushing blow on merc - the bosses usually dies in 5 seconds

lawyerzzzz, colder and Atox like this.
  19. lawyerzzzz

lawyerzzzz Senior Member

Iron Golem, Blood Golem and Golem Mastery Full...But my golem life is just 9202...Where could i have made a mistake?

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

20. tonkatabg

tonkatabg Senior Member

Everything looks good . My blood golem isn't even maxed , so your should be better . When you boo him it should get 30k life or at least 20k
    Maybe you didn't cast him on hell Difficult ?

You should always cast him on hell .

colder and lawyerzzzz like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted