What are you playing for ladder reset?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JmeN, Oct 23, 2023.

1. JmeN

JmeN Active Member

Hi Everyone!

Quite an old player wanting to return to game after some years of inactivity.
    I've played in the past on this server is it's not unfamiliar to me, however i do have a question regarding starting the ladder as a barb which eventually will lead into a find item barb.
    How do you guys feel about the barb in general? Would it be feasible considering the high drop rates in certain areas?
    I'm pretty bored of sorceress and want to try something new and this server gives you the opportunity to start as pretty much anything you want since mid game gear is no issue if you spam Travincal for couple of hours.

Cheers!

vossuedbx likes this.
  2. Light86

Light86 Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I will play this ladder start just for fun again.
    My usual startup without a party of friends will be barb, nec and sorc at the same time.
    Barb will kill mobs in act1/2 normal then fully BO battery, sorc will leech exp until she can teleport und necro will basicly farm with CE/Summons and merc from nightmare on.
    If you can manage to play a 4th char it would be paladin for aura support and respec later into hammer / smiter but it's hard to play 4 chars same time in normal.

Later barb will become Gold Farmer in travincal where you have greatest use for "Find Item" and gamble alot with that gold for good circlets. You can also find many HR's in Trav Hell with that Find Item...

3. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Looking for advice. Which class / build is the strongest on ladder start to move forward with? For example, a race on ladder start until norm act 3. Which build would win? A fire sorc? A barb? A trapper? Any ideas?

4. Cem

Cem Well-Known Member

If it is until normal act 3, fire sorc would be fast. But if you want hell act 3 then I would say hammerdin.

vossuedbx likes this.
  5. Kaly

Kaly Supporter

I always start playing solo players 8 with Blizz Sorc, Java, Bo Barb, 2 Palas (Hdin, Tristsmiter), and fillers :p

6. gonzaaedu

gonzaaedu Member

i am a casual player, what do you recommend, i have learned career from sorc ray and then change to blizz, some years ago. but with this new reset i would like something different, what do you recommend veteran friends.

Another question, the game can only be played 1068 x 600? and if you have any solution to play it in a higher resolution, I would appreciate it, so it looks on my screen. I have seen larger versions but in the forum there is not.

default link:
    https://prnt.sc/WoPi7Yu0NKk5

7. Light86

I have no idea about the widescreen, I just use 3-4 windowed 800*600 on my FHD screen.

You will want to play some character that can farm early on and is not too dependent on items and inventory. Therefor the only character with teleport first days will be sorc unless you are lucky and can get your hands on enigma / TM early. The combo I posted above with enchant tele sorc, barb for BO and Necro Summoner/CE is pretty decent in those terms and you can fast farm cows, diablo and baal in hell for your first footsteps.
    After you farmed your runes and items you can play whatever you want and respec those chars.

Anyways, creating or joining a ladder reset party would be the fastest way to hell baal.

8. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Let's create a ladder reset party.

9. gonzaaedu

gonzaaedu Member

Let's make a survey, which pharmeo method will you use and if it is necessary to use mf

10. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I think, there will be enough open party with names "act1", then "act2" and so. Just be online :)

11. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

As a fat old casual hardcore player, i will start with hammerdong, continue with hammerdong, rip the hammerdong and then will start the hammerdong again.

12. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I have some fresh news on this (nothing good). First, the 1344x700 support is buggy. It has some crashes. Nothing serious, yet, it has problems. Second, Gix stated, that the 1344x700 is considered a cheat. The game was not designed for such unfair advantage. 1068x600 is the limit, and that seems final.

13. gonzaaedu

gonzaaedu Member

:C, at least I tried to find a solution, thank you very much.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 24, 2023, Original Post Date: Oct 24, 2023 ---
    would you give me a build, what would you do for the new reset? if i go hammerdin, for example: leveling with the new changes, is it good to go with aura of fire and then cold wave. then if i find a group that rusheemos to hell, what would be the next steps

14. ameth

ameth Senior Member

>would you give me a build, what would you do for the new reset? if i go hammerdin...

Hammerdin on start does not have enigma / teleport / high skill gear. Yet, the basics are the same:
    -Find a pally class shield with high all resists. Roll spirit runeword into it. Roll 35% fcr when you go for 125 fcr breakpoint.
    -Find a good scepter with +blessed hammer skill or concentration aura. Runeword demands 4 socket. Use cube recipe for that (and good luck on socket number). Use a crystal sword if nothing else. Roll fcr spirit rw.
    -If you find Vipermagi armor, go for 125 fcr breakpoint. If not, stay on 75% fcr break and try to collect +life gear items. Watch out for the que-hegan armor (+1 skill +20% fcr) or use nef-lum runeword in a simple breast plate (+50% allres).
    -Find a good circlet / +skill helm or use ort-sol rw in helm (+1 skill).
    -Boost your dexterity for 75% final block.
    -On the skill tree: holy shield 1, blessed hammer to 20, vigor aura to 20, concentration aura to 20, and blessed aim aura until it goes.

You should complete those before hell act5 ancient kill quest. If you can't, do that quest in party and ask for help. A BO barb in team is a huge boost on hell diff. New runewords do not seem to be helpful for early hammerdin. You can leave those alone. Have fun.

15. MythoS

MythoS Senior Member

I will start with druid and sorceress for enchant it will be fun!

16. gonzaaedu

gonzaaedu Member

Thanks friend, what will you start with, or are you collecting ideas? I think it would be good to go with 2 additional pj or more, according to the comments I have seen.

17. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I am going to start with a fire sorc and go until norm act 3. That will be the first thing I do.

18. gonzaaedu

gonzaaedu Member

Why until act 3? is there any kind of farming in that act?

19. Light86

What is the point in this "go to act3 norm first" ???

I did not play this ladder but the previous one where we had a competent party and we managed to kill baal hell within ~3 hours after reset. (I think we were the fastest team with Patriarchs/Matriachs on the server).
    And after that I got lucky drops in Trav Hell (Ber + Jah) and managed to get my Enigma on the first day of ladder (proof): https://forum.europebattle.net/threads/your-best-find-of-the-day.539901/page-249#post-912309

Just make a party with reservations here in forum and go from act1 norm - act5 hell ;)

Sunshine likes this.
  20. gonzaaedu

gonzaaedu Member

Wow that's a lot of luck, I'm not a very patient player with runes, so I want to change that with the new reset. Did you play paladin only or did you do the build with only 1 character?

• Draft saved Draft deleted