Running to copies with d2multi- problem

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by AnioŁ, Dec 16, 2014.

1. AnioŁ

AnioŁ Active Member

Hi guys,

Above, there is a sticky thread on how to download d2maphack and d2multi, but there is no mention how to do it step by step (I'm talking about d2multi, I already use maphack). So guys, can you tell me how to run (legit ways only) 2 copies of diablo in a window mode? In a thread it is written to read the "readme file" when installing d2multi, but there is no manual how to do it or I am blind (there is only one sentence).

Do you guide me step by step how to do it? Or provide me any link.

Regards

2. Sowulo

Sowulo Active Member

Download D2Loader from here, extract it in your Diablo 2 folder. You can run as many copies as you want with it. For running it in windowed mode, create a shortcut of d2loader, right-click it - properties - find target and after the path (ex: "D:\Diablo II\D2Loader-1.13c.exe") add "-w" (without the quotation marks).
    It should look like this: "D:\Diablo II\D2Loader-1.13c.exe" -w

3. AnioŁ

AnioŁ Active Member

It doesn't work. I can't even type -w in loader properties, there is no such option, don't know why. When I'm running d2loader there come plenty errors like: we got a big problem here or your version is unknown when I try to enter battlenet.

4. Sowulo

Sowulo Active Member

Hmm, okay then. There are solutions to that but they'll cost time so I'll explain how to use d2multi.
    After extracting D2Multi, open D2multi.ini with notepad. The content should be the following:
    [Settings]
    D2Folder = "P:\Diablo II 1.13c.3 - Euro\" -> Replace with your Diablo 2 folder path.
    Flags = -w -> -w stands for windowed. You can add more here, like -ns (nosound).

5. AnioŁ

AnioŁ Active Member

Could not start diablo 2, check ur ini setting, this is what i receive? Hmm, is using sandbox for several copies legit here? Maybe I will try with that device.
    But thanks for help man, I'm doing wrong smth i guess.

6. Sowulo

Sowulo Active Member

Check if you typed the correct information in the ini file. Also try and put a "\" after the path if there is none (ex P:\Diablo II 1.13c.3 - Euro\). I do not know if sandbox is legit here, maybe someone else will tell you, if the problem still persists.

• Draft saved Draft deleted