How about reset

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AnioŁ, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnioŁ

AnioŁ Active Member

Hi,

I was wondering when did the last ladder reset take place? It seems that vast majority of players stopped playing d2, also my friends did so because they are waiting for the reset. The thing is that there are lots of players who received 99th levels, also hc is completely empty. All of my friends are looking forward to have a fresh start. I think 1-1,5 year is sufficient to have a reset.

That's my own opinion. What is yours?

2. Blessedone

Blessedone Well-Known Member

m8 idk about your friends...mine are pretty active..and i wouldnt call''lots player's'' like 10 or so 99's on whole ladder ;). Just my opinion as u asked.

3. DarkSummoner

DarkSummoner Supporter

It's fine as it is for now, the community is bigger then I have seen in 2 years, maybe you need more active friends?

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Just because your friends stopped it doesn't mean the "vast majority" did too. Why this server is so popular? Because we don't wipe the ladder every few months like most do and because the community is great.
    Also, 10 players reaching lvl 99 definetly doesn't mean "a lot", not even close to that and HC will never be even half as popular as SC since HC is for real hardcore players and diablo2 has just a few of those people that can accept the concept of dying and loosing all and not starting raging all over because they died due to lag, bug, crash, being killed by mobs and so on.

Obviously, d2 is an old game and people will get bored at some point. People come and go and this will always be a main part of online games and while some get bored faster, for others it take more time but eventually there are other games to play and you can always get back to d2 and still have fun with your character.

As long as there are well over 300 players during hot hours and even more during weekends, I doubt many of the players will agree on a reset. Usually a reset should go head to head with the online population so if that drops considerably we can take that into consideration but definetly not the case here.

PS: Remember that summer also translates into a slower period for online games as people start going outside, vacancy, beach, pools, etc. Usually the best period of online games would be the winter mostly for europeans.

You can always switch to HC if you really got bored of D2 as it's a whole different feeling but not sure a SC player could take the hit of seeing his character dead forever ... worths a try though.

5. AnioŁ

AnioŁ Active Member

I think I did create my question in a wrong way. I was rather thinking of main reasons for a reset, but obviously, you answered my questions thoroughly. If the current situation looks like you say, you are completely right. Thanks.

Gix likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

I should have pretty much posted the reasons of when a reset would be needed too in this case :) And by the way, the date when the ladder begun is also listed on website (forgot to give you an answer on this one)

No worries, AnioL and don't be shy to be more active inside the forums as I've seen noticed you as a really helpful player inside the game from a long time ago.

Jesus likes this.
  7. taffzimo

taffzimo Member

How sad :D... been waiting for a ladder reset for over half a year now T_T. I guess I still have to wait for a year or so. argh.

8. Jesus

Jesus Forum Legend

Youve been waiting half a year? so after a year into a fresh ladder you were 99? Or what did you achieve to make you want a reset so badly? :)

9. bored

bored Active Member

Delete your character and mf without trading.There's your reset.

Gix and Jesus like this.
  10. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

and then you realise: oh it wasnt that bad actually before :D
    but in my opinion its a big difference if you reset alone or everyone does.
    just wanted to put in my two cents.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.