Guide MF Guide for Newbies

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Satana, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Satana

Satana Member

Some things that i learn here on this server for the past few years of playing.
    I hope this will be helpfull for new players that come (maybe some old ones too hehe).

Area's Best For MF
    Contess - Easy to kill and the LO is always nice
    Pit lvl 1&2 - Weak Monsters and a nice drops
    Chest in Lower Kurast - Quick to search and nice rune drops (Max Rune is Ber) - Find Faq on Google :)
    Travincial - Nice items (Max Rune Cham)
    Mephisto - kill him + Council Members + Open Chest
    Chaos Sancuary - Can drop every item and rune in the game
    Halls of Pain - Lvl Area 82 but still nice items and rune drops here
    Nilathak - Nice items + Nilathak have biggest chance to drop Cham in the game
    Worldstone Keep - Can drop every item and rune in the game and we have Baal on the end :)

How Much Mf Should U Have
    Some say 250, others say 500. :)
    50-100 mf is best amount that u should have, dont ask why just do it ull see the difference. :) :p
    Less mf u have, the items that drop should be max or almost Max.
    For rune finding mf should be zero.
    Extra gold from monster should be on zero.

Cheapest Build To Start With
    Meteorb Sorceress
    Ill just list the items that u need, all of this u can find for free.
    Items
    Helm - Harlequin Crest (Shako)
    Body - Skin Of Vipermagi
    Weapon - The Oculus
    Shield - Stormshield
    Gloves - Magefist
    Belt - Arahcid Mesh
    Boots - Marrowwalk
    Amulet - Mara
    Ring 1 - 10 fcr ring with crappy adds
    Ring 2 - Bul-Kathos or Stone of Jordan

MERC Act 2 Combat (normal and hell) hi gives prayer
    Helm - Andariel Visage
    Body - Shaftstop
    Weapon - Insight
    Gloves - Dracul's Grasp
    Belt - Nosferatu's Coil
    Boots - Gore Raider
    Amulet - Highlord's Wrath
    Ring - Raven Frost

U get Fcr Breakpoint, Max Block, Prayer + Meditation, Decent Damage.

I hope someone will find this useful. I found alot of items and runes mainly becose i followed this simple rules of mf. I dont claim this is the best, its just the knowledge that i gather from alot of players that i was play with.
    Special tnx to Zeho becose alot of this stuff i found out from him. :)
    Good luck to everyone and i wish u a nice drops... :)

2. revandarth

revandarth Active Member

Nice guide, if every new player read this it will be really easy to obtain best items for them.

Satana likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Founder

Thanks for sharing this with the community, @Satana. I'm sure many players will find it useful.

Satana likes this.
  4. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

Good guide for new players , very well done @Satana

Satana and dafranco like this.
  5. Alst

Alst Active Member

I thought (at least on the official servers) that max rune at council in travincal is BER, but i may be mistaken :)
    Anyways, the rune drops got a lot better in 1.13, i love it...i played on other server some 10 years ago for 2 years and i never found a rune higher than GUL... :\

Satana likes this.
  6. dafranco

dafranco Forum Legend

Good job Satana !

Alst and Satana like this.
  7. jeonne

jeonne Member

You forgot Act 2 Lost City's Ancient Tunnel

Escorb4r likes this.
  8. Satana

Satana Member

Ancient tunel's have wierd paterns just like Mausoleum in act 1. And alot of lightning imuns that is not good for best pvm char Light Sorc :)

9. Minty

Minty Senior Member

Alright I will try your tactic.Like 50-100 magic find...But I am doing really good having drops like Wind-force and Trang0-oul's gloves,and 2sock. unique Corona in just one day.
    With magic find 245 and extra gold 81 which is 3 times lower.Why is my extra gold 81 well gheed's charm,you cant "mf" without it.
    But yeah will give it a try.... Everything you've said was on place.
    For beginners nice place is act 3 council and Mephisto also Countess is really nice when it comes to runes.Nice info on Cham -rune.
    But to be honest any creep or minion in game on hell has a chance to give a good unique item. Only Baal gives good items in my humble opinion.
    But there are a lot of special mobs that can give good items. I stick with most "experience" and highest boss in Game.
    Yeah to confirm your story I have extra gold from monsters only on Gheed's charm.
    I tossed everything from gloves to weapon,anything that gave extra gold.But not tossing the gheed.
    100% this guide for mf, you have my support. (only one thing to try out will the 50-100 give the max stats on unique items)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
  10. D2GoForBroke

D2GoForBroke Supporter

"50-100 mf is best amount that u should have, dont ask why just do it ull see the difference. :):p"

I'm askin why...

If your answer is that when you use m/f gear you loose your dps and so you kill fewer monsters then yes I will agree with you. However, if there is a different reason, please enlighten me.

Bglzaborg likes this.
  11. dafranco

dafranco Forum Legend

I found more good items and runes with 50mf than with 400+mf

Gi-Joe likes this.
  12. D2GoForBroke

D2GoForBroke Supporter

Still not a solid reason. Luck is luck. Chances are, you have have increased your speed by reducing your m/f and thus getting the impression of obtaining more items. I'd like to know a mathematical reason for why low m/f is better than high m/f when by the game's design, higher m/f increases probability of unique being dropped as opposed to whites.

Bglzaborg likes this.
  13. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

if you ask me its just a rumour (second-hand knowledge). extra gold means a monster drops 1000 instead of 300 gold for example.
    mf means you will find less normal items but more magic/rare/set/unique. so high mf is only bad if you search socketables.
    and keep in mind mf doesnt really matter when you farm boss monsters on this server because they almost always drop unique items.

14. D2GoForBroke

D2GoForBroke Supporter

I agree with all of this. However in the last 2 years I've played this game, all high end items I have found have been from monster drops. The only good items I get from D and B are their GC's.

15. melihsoykan

melihsoykan Senior Member

I have got enigma on my pally then..Only mf on chr is from enigma..Always drop good but not best items..Never drop diadem/tal am set piece or tyrael or other high and expensive items..But I drop 3xLo Sur Ber Jah..İ never drop GC in baal or nikh.
    I think finding runes is easiest then find good items for me..
    Maybe I can change chr maybe Paladin is not good for best drops..People said they are using light sorc with 50-70 mf and drop very nice things

16. D2GoForBroke

D2GoForBroke Supporter

Every character mfs differently. Paladins go for quick kills and should not be killing large packs. Barbs do the same except barbs have the advantage of getting a "double drop" due to find item which has approximately a 50% chance for a drop.

Light Sorc can do quick kills as well as large packs due to having both Lightning and Nova at their disposal. The drawback to a sorc is that you will loose MF if you properly gear your sorc and they are more squishy then a Palla. MF sorc's use Enigma but tend to loose a bit on resists when doing so. However, they make it up with Enigma's massive strength boost.

MF only increases the chance that a Unique will be dropped. MF does not affect the actual item being dropped. The odds of a Sacred Armor, Diadem, etc. of dropping are extremely low. If one does drop, MF just increases the probability that it procs unique. Due to this, don't expect plenty of high end uniques to drop just because you have more MF. You have to consider the odds of the item dropping to begin with. This is what makes MF'ing so intriguing!

You either a) Kill tones of mobs with mf so that you have a higher chance of having the item drop, but a lower chance of it dropping unique or b) Kill tones of elites and neglect mobs so that you have a lower chance of having the item drop, but a higher chance of it dropping unique.

The choice is yours to discover :)

I've been playing this game since the new season started. In terms of godly uniques, I have only found
    1 Death Fathom (Trash)
    1 Death Web (which I use when I'm bored)
    1 CoA (mid range which I'm still trying to sell)
    and that's it!

melihsoykan likes this.
  17. facuacdc

facuacdc Senior Member

I have a question:
    Have two sorcs: one with 584 mf cold damage and other with less than 150 MF light damage. I want to know if it's convenient restart the stats and skills in my MF sorc to build her in light damage 'cause will be too much faster killing mobs (my merc have Infinity) than cold damage. Of course if I have that MF number it will be impossible to get high runes, ¿right?

See ya.

18. klaus

klaus Senior Member

Magic Find has absolutely no impact on rune drops. For runes, it doesn't matter whether you got 1000 MF or 54 MF. Magic find improves your chance of getting magic items, not runes. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't increase the drops either.
    When you kill a monster, the game uses some calculations to decide whether or not that monster drops an item. After it is dropped, the same calculation is ran again, to determine it's quality - it starts in this order Unique , Set , Rare, Magic, Normal, and at every calculation magic find is taken under consideration. Which means, if you could replicate the same scenario ( drops ) a few times with different character that have different magic find, you wouldn't get more items, but better quality items. If you were to kill 5 monsters and a single magic ring dropped, if you had more magic find you wouldn't find more rings, it will still be a single ring, but it has a chance to become of better quality ( rare, set, unique ).
    But all of this is completely irrelevant to runes.

19. zguby

zguby The Second Coming Forum Legend

The MF does not count on rune drops. you have the same chance of dropping zod if you have 0 mf or 500. I preffer light sorc over cold, but you need to find a balance between mf and damage, so it wont trouble your clear speed. But in 1p games should be fine with a higher mf also.

20. facuacdc

facuacdc Senior Member

Yep. I thougt that with light damage I kill faster than cold, so.. ¿Faster runs have more chance to get runes/MF items?

• Draft saved Draft deleted