Best for hammerdin

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by notalma, Mar 2, 2017.

1. notalma

notalma Senior Member

What is best sock into perf shaco and perf zaka for hamerdin

2. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

PVM/PVP? HC, SC?
    For shako you can go for JAH/BER/LO/CHAM/IST/rare jool with stats and res.
    For zaka its rare jool, UM, or whatever side of ur build u need to boost...

3. klaus

klaus Senior Member

I wouldn't say there is a single best thing you can put in there. People put Jah runes, Ber runes, Ist runes, Perfect Ruby's and Sapphires ( in Shako ). For PvP on mine I have a few different shako's with Vex, Lo , Ohm and a Thul rune. Zakarums aren't very well suited for PvP anyway, so socketing it with Um rune or something ( If you need the resistances ) might benefit you.For PvM I have Ist runes in both items, because the other runes don't really boost anything ( I don't appreciate max resistances or a little bit more health in PvM ).

4. MadVisions

MadVisions Supporter

Put tal thul ort amn in that "zaka". As for shako id say go with maxrez or ber/jah depending on build. Coa is usually better if you dont need fcr tho

Tzutzu79 likes this.
  5. notalma

notalma Senior Member

i just started hamerdin and its rlly fun, build hoto, shaco , enigma, zaka, arach, magefist, waterwalkers, 2x bul, rezist all 80+ hp 4k dmg 13k (with bo) maybe if u have some hints i will be very happy, its for PVM for start i heard if mf is not 500 + then its = 0? is it right? its hard sometimes only in act 5 vs Willowisp and Bone Fetish monsters

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  6. FallFromGrace

FallFromGrace Senior Member

If it was for my hammerdin (I would stop playing it in a few days out of boredom ;)):
    I would switch HoZ for Spirit rune word in 45 all res shield (Sacted Targe is considered best for it, bacause of its block% and str requirements). Spirit will give You up to 35% FCR (Higher FCR will allow You to cast hammers and teleport faster - check hemmers fcr breakpoints).

You wrote about Souls - those lightining shooting monsters - and Fetish (what is plural number of "fetish"? "Fetishs" or "fetishes"?) mobs.
    Higher FCR (with high reaction time on Your side) could allow You to dodge them. Also hitting higher FHR breakpoint could help fighting both of those types. Sandstorm Trek boots might be a good start for building some FHR.
    If none of those comes to Your mind, then think about wearing Wisp Projector (ring) or Thundergod Vigor (Belt) whenever in act 5.

About Your consideration about MF... I can only tell You, what I think personally. I prefer killing faster than having more MF. By hitting 500 mf, You will kill very slow.. assuming You will be able to do it at all.. . You already have an Enigma, a Shaco, where You could put Ist (or Topaz) and wear War Traveler boots.

PS. If You want very high MF values, make a soso.

PPS. If You already have as much FCR as You want, or even more... think about swithing Magefists to Chance Guards or Frostburns.

2lol4php and notalma like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted