Cow farming

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SAK, Apr 6, 2017.

1. SAK

SAK Active Member

I've done yesterday and today about 60 Cow Runs, every run is about 7-8min long and about 400-500monsters worth.

I have done this with an Cowjava with 7mf, trying to leech some HR's or about 21+Runes.

My droplist:
    All runes together: Vex
    -------------------------------
    All GC: To much to list them all, but 2Ele SK clean, 1 Trap 5dex, 1Curse 5str.
    SC: Not worth to list them

Bases: no 15/15 listet.

Thats for about 7,3hours and 27.000 Monsters.

Not worth at all for me, but fun at the end

2. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

So you only dont have luck there. I got CHAM and LO today from cows. And for info MF have no value for runes drop.

Fatty180, Gix and TimmyDeezNuts like this.
  3. SAK

SAK Active Member

Yes i know, but I mention it there to say thats the reason i found nothing Uniqe or much rare! :)

4. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

5. zguby

zguby The Second Coming Forum Legend

i usually do cow's for rune finding or rw items. I think is worth if you use a good char that can speedrun those. (java / light/ CE necro). I usually find runes, decent ones sometimes or big numbers in other times. You can say you had bad luck, this can happen in other places too. Even at nilathak where you get uniques everytime you dont always get the goodies, there are days when you make 500+ runs and you get nothing.

6. TimmyDeezNuts

TimmyDeezNuts Rezident Ninja Forum Legend

For me cows has been way more profitable than some places, especially Nihl. In one of my runs this morning I got ohm, gul and ist. I also farm for pgems so I guess that factors into it as well for me.

7. Gix

Gix Founder

MF has no have an influence over runes drop (altough your second posts says you already knew that, don't use MF and runes in a single sentence) and there is no guarantee you'll find loads of high runes within a few hours, it doesn't work that way otherwise everyone would top up their characters within a few days. When it comes to runes hunting, cows are actually profitable for the majority of players as you can see for yourself so keep trying and don't expect for constant awesome drops on a daily basis, it's all about luck. PS: 60 cows is not much at all.

8. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

I think i got awesome gcs from cows as well not only runes like 38life cs paladin skiller,summoner necro 40life skiller and 10maxdamage,65attackrating and 37 life gc.
    Note that drinking coffee increases our rune drop rate :)

9. klaus

klaus Senior Member

Use 125 cast rate CE Necromancer. If you are farming cows I don't think it is going to be worth it to farm with another class. Your whole runs will be between 2 and 3 minutes , you would have been able to do twice as much runs in the same amount of time. Usually when I farm cows with Necromancer I don't use any charms, only torch and annihilus, so that I have more space for looting items, instead of stashing them in cube, because it slows you down. I would say a vex rune only is a pretty bad run, but not all of them are going to be like this. What you can do, that I usually do, too, is to find a high level charm , collect all of the gems that drop in your cube and make a separate account to stash your gems, you can roll them whenever you feel like. Use a second hero to open the cow portal and with your necromancer stash all of the gems in your cube, when it is full ( 80 gems ) , create a normal game to meet your mule, fill your inventory with some stuff you have laying around, and drop your cube on the ground. If you have free space in your inventory, some of the gems will be sorted out there, but the rest of them will fall on the ground, then you pick up your cube with your hero and the gems with the mule, it saves so much time. 80 gems are collected in about 7 runs , the runs you have done, you would have collected a Ber rune from the gems alone ( If you were to decide to sell them, but rolling charms is generally better ).
    Basically, you need to understand two things about cow runs -
    You need to have a good farmer - I would never start doing so much cow runs with a hero that makes one run in 7 to 8 minutes.
    If you do not collect the gems, your profit drops significantly - as you can see, if you were to collect the gems , you would have rolled a few skillers with them, which might have turned into something better.

Vacholindyr likes this.
  10. HeroicDesire

HeroicDesire Active Member

are you guys just killing the cows or also opening all the chests?

11. TimmyDeezNuts

TimmyDeezNuts Rezident Ninja Forum Legend

I open all chests and objects. As you can see in Best find of the day thread, I found gul and ist in chests yesterday. There's only one way to find out what's inside.

12. HeroicDesire

HeroicDesire Active Member

You too Klaus? I should definitely make myself a necro then lol I need like 6-8 minutes for everything with my light sorc

13. klaus

klaus Senior Member

I don't open chests in cow runs. There are some zones that I open the chests in, I have had some luck in Halls of Pain and Nihlathak zone, I open the superchests, but the normal chests in cows arent worth it to me. It is gonna take you more time if you were to open the chests. I'd rather do more runs , than spend time opening them. In Best find of the day thread you can see what people find there, but you cannot make up your mind from that thread, because you do not know how many chests they had to open to find these runes. Rarely higher runes spawn there, and I'm after them, rather than the small ones. And I usually pick up Vex + runes.

Vacholindyr, Fatty180 and botez94 like this.
  14. botez94

botez94 Active Member

Cows, cows, cows.. Well, my personal experience with cow is kinda weird. Everytime i put in mind to farm cows 8 ppl .. i can literally shut down every loot window cuz all i can get are fal-um in term of runes and just low-set items but, you that time when u are bored and you want to sell something and you think..hmm..let's open a cow portal to waste some time meanwhile players are asking about the item i'm selling..BAM ! The magic happens and i find something good :)) either a nice HR or gc that turns down to be a skiller with life ... i will never understand cows.
    PS: Thumbs up for Klaus, cows chests are not worth opening, superchests are the key ^_^

Fatty180 likes this.
  15. Karxh

Karxh Senior Member

I saw everyone gets amazing drops while drinking coffee so i decided to do the same today and do 100 nihl runs => 1 Um+1 Ko+Shako + 3 Lightsabres and some gems.(made another weaker coffee just to test the theory)

Nopik, Fatty180 and TimmyDeezNuts like this.
  16. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Best thing about cows is a nice juicy steak.

• Draft saved Draft deleted