Europebattle.net on mac

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by baronbiker, Jun 13, 2018.

1. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I used wineskin and was able to successfully run Diablo II I got from your download link. However, I don't seem to have your realm listed in the server window. Any ideas on how to get the EUbattle server running on my mac?

Thanks in advance.

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello @baronbiker. Download the gateway editor (mac version) from our tools page and add the server manually using d2.europebattle.net as the ip address.

3. Angeloffaith

Angeloffaith Grail Done Supporter

4. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

I have tried running the eubattlegateway.exe with wineskin and have added the servers ip address but once i click on the ''set to chosen gateway'' the file just keeps on loading forever and the diablo game and the eubattle file dont seem to have any connection.the server is not added. i have tried deleting the other realms but they still appear in the server window.

5. Angeloffaith

Angeloffaith Grail Done Supporter

do u have teamview i can help you set it up

6. Gix

Gix Founder

@baronbiker, have you tried to download the mac version of the gateway editor as I said in my previous post? The name should be bnetse.dmg and make sure you have permissions to edit the registry files because if you can't edit/save your new settings that should be it.

Escorb4r likes this.
  7. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

@Gix where is it? i opened your link and i could only see 1 dowload link under the name of gateway editor

8. Gix

Gix Founder

That is the link, download it and open the archive. The mac gateway editor is inside of the archive.
    LE: You can use this link for a direct download if you want.

9. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

i was finally able to run the file u provided however i am getting the following problem: powerpc applications are no longer supported
    so do you think you will be able to provide a newer file that can run on newer version of mac os?

10. Gix

Gix Founder

That file has been developed over a decade ago and there isn't a newer version for it, you'll have to find a workaround to run older applications on newer mac os versions or maybe create a VM and have windows installed on it.

I'm not sure if this is going to work but here is a link with some instructions about how to set gateways manually on Mac OS, one could do the same on windows registry without using the gateway editor. I also found this file called bnetcommander that should let you edit the servers list so give it a try as well. Bottom line is that macs are incompatible with a lot of games in general.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Angeloffaith likes this.
  11. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

where can i find the ''bnetcommander'' file?

12. Gix

Gix Founder

The download link should be fixed now, check my previous post. If that doesn't work then you might need to either switch to an older MAC version or use a VM and have windows installed on it.

13. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

Thank you for the link provided. I have downloaded Bnetcommander, however, once I start it it says that I need to have a blizzard game installed on my mac although I already have Diablo II running fine. How come the Bnetcommander doesnt't detect D2

14. Gix

Gix Founder

Probably because it requires the game to be installed using the CD disks although the game path should be added automatically once you run it for the first time but since you can't edit the registry files which I assume it's because lack of permission the game path can't be added either. It's a piece of software I found on google, never used it before so you'd better try the manual method that I linked in my post. I've sent you a message with a similar guide for Mac OS that one of our members shared in order to avoid direct advertising although it doesn't contain anything special that you haven't tried yet and it covers an older mac version too which is why I still think you should use a Windows VM because neither Mac OS, Wineskin or Parallels are user-friendly or 100% compatible with most of games, especially old ones.

• Draft saved Draft deleted