Announcement Patch #12: QoL Improvements, Widescreen Support, Color Dyes and More

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gix, Feb 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Founder

I don't think this is feasible without having access to the game's source code @Cave or rewriting it from scratch and like you said I also doubt this will lower the skill gap between PvP players as well. It's not like some total beginner is suddenly going to own people who actually know how to duel. Even more, those who duel on a daily basis will most likely stick to 800x600 anyway since some told me it feels they have more control of their character for this resolution. At the end of the day, some people will always find excuses or something to complain about, especially when losing in a duel. If it's not the widescreen, it's going to be the maphack scroll feature, if it's not the scroll feature is going to be the regular maphack, if it's not the maphack it's going to be the class balance of the original game, use of potions, available time to farm and play the game, usage of certain runewords or items and so on.
    As long as everyone has access to the same features then it should be fair, this isn't some 800x600 vs 1920x1080 (or higher) battle, it's widescreen so the height stays the same and like someone already mentioned in the thread, vast majority of this community is focused around PvM and it's always been this way. There are only a hand of people making assumptions even before testing it's full potential, we can talk about it several months later when people have actually tried the new feature.

2. ivan g

ivan g Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    SGPB75 and Leviathan like this.
  3. ivan g

ivan g Well-Known Member

for map scrolling u need a time to find your oponent on the map and after 1 teleport u need to recharg it , on widescreen u see more without to do nothing.Its just impossible to compare.
    I say it again. Widescreen will destroy PvP.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    SGPB75 and Leviathan like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

@ivan g, please use the edit button if you have something new to add to your previous message so you don't double post. It took you 8 edits to quote a snippet from an example and share what you already did before. I am aware it's not the same thing just like none of the mentioned examples is the same nor that you can see twice as far as you initially stated, that wasn't the point. You are predicting things without even giving them a chance first and like I said, time will tell. I am confident that the same players who use to duel on a daily basis will stick to similar settings otherwise, you might as well pick your duel opponents just as everyone else can. Keep in mind you can even duel by your own rules here if you make a game and people agree to them.
    We are not going to take this away from 99% because of 1% or less, without giving it a chance at least and try it for a while.

I'm not sure what do you mean by that, mind explaining? Griffon stats didn't change.
    /e You mean the already existing attributes interchanged or switched places. It's due to description priority.

Sorry @astray, totally missed your post. Dyes will only be available as rewards for events at the moment.

Fatty180, Cem, astray and 1 other person like this.
  5. Time2D2

Time2D2 Well-Known Member

@Gix and company, thank you for your hard work! looking forward to start on Friday
    • Increased gambling odds.
    • Increased jewels drop rate.
    • Increased set items drop rate.
    can you please shed some light on this?

Gix, Fatty180 and colder like this.
  6. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

For jewels, I can confirm that they drop visibly more often than they used to.
    For the sets, I haven't done enough farming, after installing the new patch, to reach a conclusion.
    For gambling, as per a post by Gix, gambling odds have been slightly increased for uniques (in vanilla, Blizzard says it roughly 0,01%, meaning a chance of 1 in 10.000 for an item to be unique).
    Haven't tried yet, but I did get an Angelic amu (set) ilvl 91 and an Eye of Elitch (unique) ilvl 91 some time ago, before the new patch.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Gix and Fatty180 like this.
  7. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Mayb this time Gambling Tyraels might is possible lets try it out this ladder!

SGPB75 likes this.
  8. SGPB75

SGPB75 Well-Known Member

I have one serious question, because all the morning, i try to hijack :D :D :D some players from one other server!!! They want to know, if the Server Shop will be closed for the first days after the restart, because let say it - it is not a good idea, to try to achieve something and see someone with Perfect/Shopped Griffon and/or Perfect/Shopped Enigma on base with the cult Ilvl 90/99 :D on the first/second day after the restart... Generally the worldwide practice is, when the server is restarted, the shops are closed for the first month - not for anything else, but to guarantee a equal start and conditions for all! Here, even if only for the first 10 days, would still be very good and attractive/stimulated - and i hope it is, because i can hijack :D at least 6 people, bored in the other mod!

P.S.
    Fatty180, young padawan, you know - i am a crazy maniac :D and i also try to accomplish that with thousands of transactions ~ 35 milions from my Extra Gold / Find Item Barb only for :D Armors/Shields/Gloves, but till now my only "success" from Ancient Armor / Ornate Plate / Sacred Armor is 1 unique Silks of the Victor... I have a lot more success with the Gloves - as you can see in the topic about the daily drop... :)

Fatty180 likes this.
  9. markodzzz

markodzzz Forum Legend

webshop will not be available at the start

10. Cash_Please

Cash_Please Member

Nice patch!

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.