Solved Cant access public rooms

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by baronbiker, Aug 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

Hello guys!
    I have been playing on this server for around 3 years now. So far my experience was awesome.
    After a short break from d2 I returned to the game only to find out that I cant access public rooms. What i mean by that is that I still can use all of my characters and create my own rooms, however I cant see the list with other rooms. I just get this massage saying something like “ install our server” see picture attached for reference. I Uninstalled the game and followed the installation instructions( I played on the server before so i know what to do) .
    Also, I used to be able to open game.exe and run the game on fullscreen but now after clicking the game.exe the launcher starts, shows the eurobattle.net knight and then fails to run
    Please help!

Thank you advance!

Attached Files:

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello and welcome back @baronbiker,
    The red text is merely an informative message and it's always there, you should press the CREATE or JOIN button to play the game instead. If no games show up after pressing the JOIN button, then it's possible that your characters have not been played in a long time and they've become non-ladder so you should create a new ladder character to confirm that theory although you should be getting that information straight from the character selection screen. You do not need to reinstall the game or download any other patch since being able to create games confirms you are already using the right version.
    https://imgur.com/QJQxOMx
    https://imgur.com/aCmXZzs

Kefflar32 likes this.
  3. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

Thank you for the quick answer however My champs are non ladder ones (says expansion character under them). I cant see the non ladder rooms I have always seen when playing.

Attached Files:

• ss.png
      ss.png
      File size:
      386.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

You will need to create a new ladder character in this case, as most of the players are playing ladder in this game. There are non-ladder players as well but a lot less compared to ladder ones, usually those who wish to preserve their progress forever and don't really care to interact with the ladder players usually hang there. You've seen the ladder games before, while your character was a ladder one.
    Diablo II has been using the ladders or seasons concept for over 21 years now, the only difference is that in here the ladders last much longer than a few months as they usually do. You can find out more about ladder characters and the game mechanics by visiting diablowiki or the following link: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/charactertypes.shtml

colder likes this.
  5. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

That cant be the case. I have been playing d2 ever since the 3rd grade and am aware of the ladder and non-ladder options, However alot of people on this server used to play off season. There were so many rooms just a year ago

6. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

A year ago lots of people were sitting at home quarantined with not much to do.
    Cant really compare.

7. Gix

Gix Founder

@baronbiker, I am confident you were playing on the ladder at that time and you most likely did it before the latest ladder reset and forgot about that. Even though we do have people playing non-ladder on our realm, you should know that non-ladder has never been a thing when it comes to private realms (in fact we are one of the few where people are still actively playing on non-ladder) and not even within the official servers anymore for quite some years now. The vast majority has always been playing ladder only, especially thanks to the long-term ladders we have here and even though non-ladder had more activity during the COVID-19 lockdowns it wasn't nearly close to the ladder activity.
    It wouldn't be the first time someone forgets about when was the last time they've played and you most likely have done it right before the latest ladder reset.

8. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

@Gix thank you. You were very kind. Maybe thats what happened. Keep up the good work with the server.

Gix likes this.