About American Server

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by g-money549, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g-money549

g-money549 Active Member

After the Europe server went up the American server lost alot of players. Now it's dead

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Indeed there are a decent ammount of players that moved to EU since they were actually from EU and wanted to play HC thing which they couldn't on US.

Be patient, since BR, AR, AUS and other players will stick with the US server.

3. EST4LIFE

EST4LIFE Member

From the experience of someone that plays the US realm everyday I can back up G-money. There might be all those accounts and characters on the US realm but how many are still active? how many of those were created by the same person? Most people have on average 3 accounts each I have seen some people with more than 10 accounts each. Also the US realm picked up quick when the ladder started because there was no EU realm so there was no choice. Now there is less people are coming into US and if they do they don't stay because they see no open games or anyone in the chatroom on US. For over a week now I have been the only US player in the chatroom when I am online. Believe me I am not trying to start anything I just wanted to voice my opinion which is what game forums are for. I am not the only one that thinks this way I know at least 4 of the reamaining US players agree and one of them has already choose to leave the server.

Godrik

4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Advertising is something what we always did but some of you expect to see hundred/thounds active players and by not seeing that the player will leave or just play on EU as well.

We gained much more players since the EU opening but the most important thing here is that most players were european and wanted a better ping for them. That is the reason why are you playing on US and not EU, right? Soon we should do an US ladder reset and hopefully we'll get more players from usa, brasil, argentina, venezuela, etc so we're opened to suggestions

5. EST4LIFE

EST4LIFE Member

Ok I know most players were from EU.. but the only reason I am reponding to this is if your doing a ladder reset I would like to know so I can stop playing until then, I don't want to waste my time to lose everything.

6. Gix

Gix Founder

No worries, there won't be one anytime soon. We aren't like other servers who wipe ladders every couple of months (2-3).

Also, we'll be starting a new advertisement campaign just for the US realm so we can bring more of the US, CA, BR, AR, etc players.

7. reign_again

reign_again Active Member

Diablo II is a Gothic themed Role Playing game. It's hard to imagine players spawning from South America who are highly keen to endure this European type of entertainment. It's a miracle that US players do.

So deal with the fact that your are not meant to play this type of game.

And having two realms with the same patches is not making any positive addition to stop the migration.

I imagine soon enough the US Realm will be offed!

8. EST4LIFE

EST4LIFE Member

Not meant to play? I have been playing diablo 2 and gothic themed games like this one all my childhood and life. I enjoy almost all RPG games such as this online or offline style and I always will don't tell me what I am not meant to play :) lol and thank you gix for letting me know that. Yesterday two new people came into the US realm, me and another player got them on their way and they seem to enjoy it now. Which is just an example that there are others out there interested in playing but havn't took the time to really search for servers. Advertising is the best way espicially on diablo 2 forums or information websites where single player people might see it and decide to come online.