Solved Act 5 Mercernaries

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by D2Addict, Jun 28, 2024 at 12:14 PM.

1. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

Hey, so recently i've been wanting to improve the speed of travincal runs with my gold find barb and so i was wondering can the axe mercenary (combat) dual wield axes? and if not Does it just double the dmg by replicating the axe on his 2nd hand? i heard once that if you equip 1 Lawbringer on a Sword mercenary it Doubles the aura idk if this is true tho as it might be a bug of sorts altho i feel it would just be fair because being capped to Axes/Swords with such few good weapons/runewords to equip its hard to make a good combination with other characters

my theory is to equip 2x Eth Kingslayer berserker axes or 1x with double the dmg or something like that if not then i guess i go back to act 2 mercenary or try Destruction/Grief in a Ethereal Colossus Blade/Sword, im trying to avoid any kind of cold damage as even 1% cold dmg could pop the bodies and i reallly don't like it when they do that

Edit: i might have asked this before but my memory is really bad and i don't really know how to navigate through the forums to find questions like these :( its a tiny bit hard as when i search something its not in the title and that leaves me stranded

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hey there. The axe mercenaries can only equip one single-handed axes as mentioned in the latest patch notes, dual wielding is unfortunately hard coded and most likely would be pretty overpowered too but frenzy aura does kick in and works as you would be dual wielding.

PS: Search works for any posts content as well not just thread titles, just that something like `dual wielding` was probably not mentioned much or at all when it comes to mercenaries. There are several search results but they're not for mercenaries as you could notice.

MythoS and Escorb4r like this.
  3. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

as in it does replicate the axe in the second hand or is it similar to when you don't give a weapon to your mercenary at all?

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Best Answer
    Frenzy requires two weapons otherwise it's not going to work, so it replicates the axe in the second hand for the new Act 5 Mercenary, without the double damage though.

5. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

Thanks, thats all i wanted to know :D

• Draft saved Draft deleted