Amazon Bowazon help

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by facuacdc, Apr 14, 2016.

1. facuacdc

facuacdc Senior Member

Hi everyone! ¿How are you? Well, i created an amazon but i can't find a guide for Bowazon pve in the forum. If any player have one and help me with the stats, gear, skills i appreciate it but if the guide of the pvp bowazon that is in the thread is good let me know and then delete this post haha.

Thanks

See ya in game!

2. RoyalAC

RoyalAC Active Member

Introduction

The BowaZon has long been feared in the PvP scene, but this guide will show you how she can also come as a force to be reckoned with in the world of PvM. A BowaZon is an Amazon that specializes in the Bow and Crossbow skill tree, with a mix of Passive and Magic skills. There are many different ways to make a BowaZon, and I feel this is the most sufficient way for what it needs to do. This is not a Glass Cannon build, so please don't post that you recommend it, thanks.

Table of Contents

Section I- Gear Selection
    Section II- Stat Distribution
    Section III- Skill Allocation
    Section IV- IAS Breakpoints
    Section V- Leveling

Section I- Gear Selection

As with all builds, the items you use are the key to how successful you are in the game. This is a very gear dependable build, and the items aren't cheap, so know what you're getting your self into.

Helmet-
    Their are a few choices here, but the best in my opinion is a three socketed 40 Enchanced Damage/ 15 Increased Attack Speed Jewel Diadem. This will total up to a 120 ED and 40 IAS Helmet, which will greatly boost your damage and how fast you attack.
    120 ED/45 IAS Diadem

Couldn't find a link for this, sorry.

Armor-
    Many people like a 160/60 4socketed armor here, but I prefer a Fortitude Runeword made in an Archon Plate or Dusk Shroud. This armor is perfect for this build with its enchanced damage, and it even offers some resistances.
    Dusk Shroud Fortitude
    http://www.diablo2.com/article/runew...-runeword.html

Weapon-
    Ahh here's the fun part. There is a good amount of dispute on what you should use here, but I have always prefered Faith in a Grand Matron Bow over all others. This is a perfect weapon for this build with its gorgeous Fanactictism Aura, which greatly improves your IAS and Damage. Also the extra skills can't hurt.
    Grand Matron Bow Faith

Gloves-
    The best gloves for this build, again in my opinion, are a solid pair of crafted gloves with Increased Attack Speed and Knockback. They can be tricky to find, but try to get some with some extra useful mods, like Mana Leech.
    Crafted 20 IAS/Knockback/ 3 Mana Leech Gloves
    Couldn't find a link for this, sorry.

Boots-
    There's also a good bit of argument on what you should go with here, but i always used Waterwalks. It's great for this build with it's Dexterity/Life Bonus.
    Waterwalks
    http://www.diablo2.com/article/uniqu...waterwalk.html

Belt-
    The belt of choice for this build is Nosferatu's. It gives a good boost to your strength, and some IAS. Even a little bit of life leech.
    Nosferatu's Vampirefang Belt
    http://www.diablo2.com/article/uniqu...tu-s-coil.html

Jewelry-
    A. Amulet-
    Cats eye amulet works really good here, considering the IAS is needed, and the dexterity can't hurt.
    Cat's Eye Amultet
    http://www.diablo2.com/article/uniqu...cat-s-eye.html

B.Rings-
    ONe 20 to Dexterity Ravenfrost, and a Ml/LL/Other mods ring. The dexterity is greatly needed, and the CBF(Can't Be Frozen) Mod helps. The ML from the ring is GREATLY needed, for multi arrow
    20 Dexterity Ravenfrost
    6 Mana Leech/6 Life Leech/Dexterity/Life Ring
    http://www.diablo2.com/article/uniqu...ven-frost.html

Inventory-
    In your inventory you should have the standard Hellfire Torch Large Charm/Annilus Small Charm combo, and a few resist small charms to help out with that. Many people use Poisin Damage Small Charms, but they are definetly not a necessity.
    Hellfire Torch Large Charm
    Annilus Small Charm
    ? Resistance Small Charms

On Switch-
    The standard CTA and any Spirit Monarch should work here. The Plus Life and Mana that the Battle orders gives and the defense from the other War Cry really helps.
    Call to Arms Flail/Crystal Sword
    Spirit Monarch

Section II- Stat Distribution

Strength-
    Here you will only need enough to equip all of your items, taking into mind how much strength each item will give you after equipping it.

Dexterity-
    This is the part that always sparks a lot of argument. This is not a glass cannon build, so you're only going to need enough here to equip all of your items.

Vitality-
    This build of Bowazon does rely on a decent amount of Life, so put about 100% of your stat points(after putting enough into Dexterity/Strength to equip all of your items) into here.

Energy-
    Absolutely none here, as you will have plenty after all of your items are equipped, and you don't need much anyways.

Section III- Skill Allocation

Also another very important factor of any build is the skills, because it is what makes the build. This is the Skill Allocation to use-

Bow and Crossbow

1 into Magic Arrow(Used for Physical Immunes)
    1 into Ice Arrow
    10 into Multiple Shot
    20 into Guided Arrow( Max it last, after Passive and Magic too)
    20 into Strafe

Passive and Magic

*1 into Critical Strikee:
    *1 into Inner Sight
    *1 into Dodge
    *1 into Avoid
    *1 into Slow Missles
    *1 into Penetrate
    *1 into Evade
    *1 into Decoy
    **10 into Valkyrie
    *1 into Pierce

*You can achieve the above set-up at Level 72 with no skill quests. That leaves the 12 from skill quests and the 27 from 73-99 skills free. Find what fits you best for the passive and magic with *, because its mostly about preferance. I strongly suggest putting a lot into or even maxing Penetrate, and putting more into Avoid, Dodge, Evade, and Decoy.

**I put Valkyrie at 10, but anywhere from 5-15 should work fine, you decide.

Javelin and Spear

There are some hybrid builds out there, but fortunately this isn't
    one of them.

Section IV- IAS Breakpoints

In order for your BowaZon to perform at its pinacle, it needs to be able to dish out arrows quickly. Attack speed is the statistic that determines how fast your arrows will be shot from your bow. Just like FHR(Faster Hit Recovery) and FCR(Faster Cast Rate), IAS has breakpoints it must reach before it will get any faster. With this build we will be hitting 7 frames, or 92 IAS. Here are those Breakpoints with a Faith GMB:

0 IAS 11Frames
    6 IAS 10Frames
    22IAS 09Frames
    46IAS 08Frames
    92IAS 07Frames

Section V- Leveling

In this section I will explain a few tactics and strategies that I've picked up over the years to help you have immediate success with your PvM BowaZon.

Classic Leveling

Normal Difficulty
    1-15: Tristram Runs
    15-20: Tomb Runs
    20-25: Cow Runs
    25-26: Ancients
    26-40: Baal Runs

Nightmare Difficulty
    40-41: Ancients
    41-60: Baal Runs.

Hell Difficulty
    60-61: Ancients
    61-80: Baal Runs
    80-XX: Chaos/Baal runs.( I prefer Chaos, but its really not too much of a difference.)

One of the best places to run for Exp. with your BowaZon will be the Chaos Sanctuary. It's best to try not to solo it, but have a freind with another character come run the games with you. It's great for Exp. and item drops, and not nearly as boring as Baal runs, so do all of your runs there.

Glitch Rush

Get a freind to glitch rush you to Act4 Hell.(Rush through Act1-5 Normal, and find a baal for quest game, and glitch off some one who can get the quest by being in his party when baal is killed. Repeat in Nightmare. Get rushed from Hell Act1-4.)
    After you have recieved the rush to Hell Act4, begin chaos games.
    1-25 is kind of slow, but after that it definetly picks up the pace.

1-60 Hell Chaos Runs.
    60-61 Hell Ancients
    61-80 Hell Baal Runs.
    80-XX- Chaos/Baal Runs. ( I prefer Chaos, but its not really too much of a difference.)

CONCLUSION-

This is a very fun and effective build, and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. If you follow this guide correctly, your BowaZon will be in tip-top shape, and should have no problems in PvM, and maybe if you choose so, even a little PvP.
    -Josh Young

Introduction

This build is specifically for a PVM and if you stick with this guide it will focus on all sorts of of physical and magic damage which will make hell a breeze.

Gear

Weapon-
    (Wrath Matriarchal Bow) this is the key! This bow you just cannot do better.
    Base damage is 23-54
    30% Chance To Cast Level 1 Decrepify On Striking: This is just like Amp dmg but better for a group.
    5% Chance To Cast Level 10 Life Tap On Striking
    +375% Damage To Demons
    +100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
    +250-300% Damage To Undead (varies)
    Adds 85-120 Magic Damage
    Adds 41-240 Lightning Damage
    20% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +10 To Energy
    Cannot Be Frozen
    These stats are just too much to ask for.....

Helm-
    (120-45) No exceptions this will give you more damage because your bow will not have that high of damage, and more importantly it will give you 45ias, and the 15% enhanced defence.

Armor-
    (Chains Of Honor Dusk Shroud). I chose DS because of the 77 str req.
    +2 To All Skills
    +200% Damage To Demons.
    +100% Damage To Undead.
    8% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +70% Enhanced Defense
    +20 To Strength
    Replenish Life +7
    All Resistances +65
    Damage Reduced By 8%
    25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Belt-
    (Razortail). This is a great choice because you will not have to pump anymore but 1 point into pierce.
    +120-150% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    +15 Defense
    +10 To Maximum Damage
    Piercing Attack (33)
    +15 To Dexterity
    Attacker Takes Damage of (1 Per Character Level) 1-99 (Based On Character Level)

Boots-
    (War Travelers). These are number one boots due to the added damage.
    +150-190% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    25% Faster Run/Walk
    +10 To Vitality
    +10 To Strength
    Adds 15-25 Damage
    40% Slower Stamina Drain
    Attacker Takes Damage Of 5-10 (varies)
    30-50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (varies)

Gloves-
    (Soul Drainers). Leech is what you need in PVM and this is all you need.
    +90-120% Enhanced Defense
    4-7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
    4-7% Life Stolen Per Hit
    -50 To Monster Defense Per Hit. This will help you take down those unique Monsters.
    8% Chance To Cast Level 3 Weaken On Striking

Amulet-
    (Highlords) this is great 20 ias and deadly strike.

Rings-
    I would say any rings that you think would be good. Right now i have 2 rings that give 17 str 38 life 30 mana and leech but i really do not need them i think they are being wasted i could have just used a carrion for leech and pois res and a raven for the +dex-ar.

Attributes

Str- Just enough to wear your gear.
    Dex- I put half and half for extra damage
    Vit- I put half and half for not too low of life
    Energy- Nothing put into this...

Skills

20 Strafe
    20 Valk
    20 Critical strike
    enough to make dodge, evade, and avoid 50% each
    then rest into guided.

Overview
    When all is said and done.
    remeber this build does not have Knock back so if you really do need it you could swap out gloves but they need to be 20 ias and KB

Matriarchal Bow needs (60 ias) to acheive a 2fpa that is 12.5 attacks per second that for your main attack strafe. The ias is acheive by just helm and amulet that leaves you with 65 ias 5 over what you needed.

And eventhough your bow damage isnt high the added ed to demons, undead, magic, spells, curses make up for it and you will dominate Hell easily.

Gl / Hf & may the force be with ya :) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  3. Gix

Gix Founder

@RoyalAC , you are not allowed to post link to other external forums unless is the d2 wiki so I had to remove your links.

Next time just copy-paste those guides and place them into a SPOILER tag as I did.

Escorb4r likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted