[BVB Melee - under construction] BVB(Melee) League?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Alst, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Alst

Alst Active Member

Hi,

since the other pvp thread has stopped, i propose a new league system for BVB/BVC lovers.
    Rules are currently work in progress, you will see the update in the thread title when it's final.

1. Playing rules
    - initial setup for the league: 8-man tournament
    - there will be an "all-time" league, based on points won in leagues
    - sur rune to enlist, prizes are 4-2-1-1
    - matches are first to 5 duels, winner advances to semi/final
    - points system: 5-0 = 15+5 pts 5-1 = 15 + 4 pts 5-2 = 15+3 5-3 = 15+2 5-4 = 15 +1 (this is for the all-time pride league standings)
    - duels take place in inner cloister, nowhere else
    - if you teleport or walk/run outside, current duel is lost
    - if you both die from or during the same WW , the game is a tie, I don't want to decide on minor time differences, which might be different given the 2 clients of diablo; easy rule: after the first player dies, the other must remain alive for 10 sec after.

2. Gameplay rules
    - no bo prebuffing (it's easier to duel, it's fair since the other guy won't do it either), except switch weapons
    - no enchant from demon limb or other sources
    - no venom pre-cast from grief
    - no fade
    - no shrines
    - no potions except mana
    - no life tap (it doesn't trigger of ww, but sometimes, due to accidental click, it may be cast - if it does, the current duel lost by who cast it)
    - no amp damage charges, or any other curse
    - if fortitude's chilling armor is cast, duel CONTINUES, but after the duel, caster must rejoin for it to wear off.
    - no ranged attacks (no widowmaker, lacerator etc)

3. Inventory and Item rules
    - all runewords ARE allowed (there are some leagues where all ladder RW are banned)
    - tyrael's might, templar's might are banned
    - bugged eth items are banned (no 7k dfs eth arreat please)
    - no eth items that can't be repaired are allowed (they MUST have self-repair or ZOD, or be indestructible)
    - all items that differ from arreat summit versions are banned
    - inventory may be asked to be shown at any time, or at beginning of the duel
    - no horadric cube in inventory
    - as i feel there's not much unbalance, poison charms ARE allowed (at least for now)
    - perf inventories are not allowed - while this might seem strange, it's unfair to other players, as i have heard rumors that there are people with 57 3/20/20's. Well, if those people exist, they can have fun somewhere else.

4. Other rules
    - HAVE FUN with your barb! The cost of enlisting is not big, so it should be fun first.

So, anyone interested?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. Frenzycck

Frenzycck Member

You cannot make rules considering what u use or afford to use on ur barb as u cannot balance a duel wich is 90% all about gear 10% game mechanics and 0 % skill.
    Also in ur rage to become like ultra legit or so... u can start by banning grief wich is is considered BM on every league ever.
    As about perfect inventories.. if some1 has such an inventory.. im pretty sure he is in right to use is since on this server there are no duped charms.

3. Alst

Alst Active Member

You may be right. However, by banning grief and all other ladder runewords, I believe no one will ever join this league :)
    Out here I have seen people that don't know a thing about Ias breakpoints (i.e. botd in war pike on ww barb:D), let alone trying to impose someone to give up well-known runewords...
    Anyway, i see no constructive criticism here, you just demolished my attempt completely. Any actual suggestions ?

4. Frenzycck

Frenzycck Member

Most of the rules are acceptable in my opinion but that doesnt matter anyway... is up to admins if they wanna to enforce them or not.And even like this is pretty hard to convince ppl to accept a private set of rules or even more to participate to an even duel with such a under used class like bvb.

5. Alst

Alst Active Member

Oh, this is the wrong idea..there's no enforcing here by anyone. I just wanted to gather all barb lovers into an organized league. We can adjust the rules as we go, and anyone who wants to participate may add changes. But once you enroll, in a duel for the league, the rules in the thread are respected.

6. Gix

Gix Founder

You shouldn't have created the thread inside the Events forum though. Moving it to general discussion as this is what it is for the moment.

7. DarkSummoner

DarkSummoner Supporter

As a former "Melee" dueler, just a few notes... WW was never allowed in GM Melee. Grief was never allowed, as well as any gear that triggered any sort of poison/venom, elemental damage ect, ect. We used AR//IaS//Dmg gear. We encouraged Any type of Melee char ie: zealers(no exile) fury wolves ect ect. If you want I can dig up the 'ole Melee rules, and also some old school Tank Conc. barb builds.

• Draft saved Draft deleted