Solved Game Crash with Access Violation

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by DiabloFan, Sep 29, 2016.

1. DiabloFan

DiabloFan Member

Ok so I'm using Windows 7 64 bit which I consider that its the problem. I installed the game and after I installed the Europebattle Launcher the problem I saw was that it couldn't create the EuropeBattle Gateway registry because it's not a valid 32 bit file (don't know if this has to do something with the error) but I configured in the gateway Name:EuropeBattle.net, Zone: 0, IP: d2.europebattle.net. I installed the 1.13c patch but don't know if it installed correctly although in the game it shows 1.13. I set it with compatible mode,run as administrator all the basic things. Single player works fine! When I click on battlenet the server checks my version and i get UNHANDLED EXCETION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) error and game crashes.

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Hey there,

I am also using windows 7-64bit.
    But I dont have any problems playing on this server.

Try a clean install of the game and also make sure to clear your registery files.
    Install game and server patch.
    It should work, if everything is installed correctly.

Regards.

DiabloFan likes this.
  3. DiabloFan

DiabloFan Member

Hello, thanks for the reply,
    I made a clean install of the game and installed the server patch again and it still didn't work, at first I thought it was a graphic issue, like single player works but maybe when server detects my graphic configuration or version it crashes... I doubt that.
    How should I clean my registry files?

4. North44

North44 Scumbag

Read this http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/fix-diablo-ii-common-errors.532466/
    However, if you get that error only during creating/joining games then you most likely didn't installed the patch correctly. Make sure to extract it inside your D2 folder and run europebattle.exe or usabattle.exe executable and I suggest you create a shortcut and add "-w" parameter to start the game in window mode.

DiabloFan and Gix like this.
  5. Ultimative

Ultimative Forum Legend

Start menu -> write "regedit" -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER - > Software -> Blizzard Entertainment -> Delete "Diablo II" folder

DiabloFan likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

Check @dieforleader posts, it covers the fix for your issue. (it's a game error) Most of us are using W7 64bit so the game will run just fine.

DiabloFan likes this.
  7. DiabloFan

DiabloFan Member

Ok, it finally works! Thanks A LOT GUYS! I'm very satisfied of your answers! Things I did: I disabled anti-virus, firewall, DEP, UAC, deleted registry, restarted computer, put realm in gateway, installed patch from inside Diablo 2 folder.

8. Gix

Gix Founder

Glad to hear that @DiabloFan and welcome aboard. Just an advice, do enable the antivirus and simply add the entire diablo2 folder to exceptions list in case it causes problems, don't turn it off completly.
    Will mark the thread as solved, let us know if you have any other questions. Enjoy !

• Draft saved Draft deleted