Hell Cows vs Hell Baal (Mfing)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jesuit1988, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jesuit1988

Jesuit1988 Member

Help me please to choose where to MF with my blizz sorc. I can easily and smoothly make hell cows runs and hell baal runs, where hell cows run take 6~ min, and hell baal 3~ min. Cows give runes, but baal can drop nice uniqs. Maybe someone had tried both places for a long time, and can tell me which is better?

2. North44

North44 Scumbag

How about do both? Cause that's what I do. It gets boring to do cows over and over and over again.

3. Jesuit1988

Jesuit1988 Member

I just need to know, what run's is more effectively. Lets say i got one hour of time in a day, so i need to know how to make more "goodies"

4. North44

North44 Scumbag

What ever you prefer man. Pure luck anyways, if you're going for baal, you should clean throne and WS3 too...

5. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

it is about luck too... maybe lower kurast chest? maybe travical? ...

6. Joaiuda

Joaiuda Highlord Cringe Supporter

Cols sorc is not efficient in cows time-wise. Hell bovine boss packs have fair amount to drop unique items but their TC is low, so u cant expect high-end-gear out of them. While the bosses and packs in WK have highest TC (as of all 84+areas) so u can get items (and ANYthing) from those.

7. Jesuit1988

Jesuit1988 Member

Thank you for answer. I seeing this comparing like hight runes (cow) hunting vs good uniq (baal run) hunting. Server economics is on hr's, so i want know how many ber's i will make in week at cows, and how many ber's in week at baal runs. I dot mean i should find ber runes, i mean in equality.

8. North44

North44 Scumbag

There's no guarantee you will make any bers at all. That is a very wrong thinking, pal. Theoretically you can farm in Cows for a Month 24/7 and find nothing and then go to Baal and find few zods same day. It's just a probability and statistics. And luck.
    If you really want to get in depth of it, i suggest you going here to find out the chance of certain mobs dropping certain items. Also, you need to count other variables like: what char are you using, how fast can he clean one or another site.

Gix likes this.
  9. killu

killu Active Member

If you're playing blizz sorc,try ancient tunnels in act2.
    You can go there by taking the Lost City waypoint.AT has no cold immunes and can drop any item/rune due to being a lv 85 area.The runs take about ~1min or less too.

10. klaus

klaus Senior Member

I think your best bet would be to farm Diablo , the zone has quite high chance of dropping runes and there are very few cold immunes. You can farm WSC too, and avoid the cold immunes there, just kill the rest of the monsters. In this patch you can find runes everywhere, but it would be your best bet to pick a spot to farm where your hero excels at. For example, Cow running is a good source of income rune-wise, but you would have terrible run-time. You can substitute cows for Travincal runs, where you can find runes up to Cham. You can farm Travincal much quicker than cows (duh) , because it requires less gear on the hero to be sufficient, you will face one immune every time, maximum two, which a nothing-special hireling with Insight, Treachery, Andy's Visage, Highlords, Raven Frost/Carrion Wind, Gore Riders,String of ears , will have no trouble dealing with ( You can find every single item there ).The reason I would advise you to farm Trav and Diablo is because monsters are quite clumped up in these zones, and with the high damage from Blizzard , you can farm it faster, ie your hero will perform better on these zones. Keep that in mind, as North44 already warned you, since there is RNG involved, simply picking the best place to farm in no way guarantees profit. You can farm it in a day and not get a single good rune, while some other guy gets more runes with a lot less work put in than you did. The places I am suggesting ( Ancient Tunnels, Travincal, Diablo , WSC's and maybe Baal (Make sure you clear all the mobs you can in the Throne of Destruction, you don't have to kill Baal and his monsters, a lot of people find that not killing him makes up for more profitable runs ), is where I think your hero would perform better, and except for Travincal, the rest of the places you can find both high runes and the most wanted items, which means you have a better chance to find runes ( either have them dropped, or having dropped an item like a Shard or a Griffon which would bring you quite a few runes ). I'm gonna mention it again - RNG plays a huge role in this. Your Cow run time is horrible, which is absolutely normal, considering the fact that a Blizzard sorc cannot perform that much better ( She just doesn't excel at it ) at cow runs. Which, too, mean that even if your Cow runs last a whopping 10 minutes , you can find a Cham or a Zod rune on your first run, because luck plays a huge role in this, but it would not be your best bet to rely just on luck for that to happen, because you can farm places where your hero will be more suitable. And as I mentioned, you can find runes almost everywhere in this patch, it would be best if you spice things up a bit and move to an unexplored zone if you get bored doing the same thing over and over for a while, it might just be the best decision you have ever made :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    North44 likes this.
  11. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

I strongly do recomand cows over baal but i advice you to do pit as you said that you can easily do hell

12. dafranco

dafranco Forum Legend

I do both, and my advice for you is to do the same.

• Draft saved Draft deleted