Solved hello

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fshock, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Fshock

Fshock Member

just a little bit of problem finding the drop on this server , i know that it was 10x as drop , but what i cant find now after the restart its the drop rate again , i can see the xp rate but there is nowhere the drop count .. thanks and i hope i havent posted as a offtopic , i have looked after drop rate topic all day . thanks

2. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Gix and Kefflar32 like this.
  3. Fshock

Fshock Member

I”m
    i”m not asking about what or where i can find , i find your answer very rude , i was looking for a topic or a line where i can see and be sure i will play on a 10 drop /10 xp server , it writes very clearly that its a 10x xp server , but i ca not see 10x drop as it was before .

4. ender02

ender02 Senior Member

Hi Fshock,
    first of all hi newbie and welcome :)
    The answer was not rude. We (who already played on this server) just cannot understand what you are looking for and what you mean with "drop rates".
    Diablo 2 does not have drop rates, it is random. As far as I know it was increased, but not with a precise integer or double, just increased. And if you play, you will notice this.
    To make it more easier to understand: do you know what is the drop rate of a tyraels might from a monster? --> No, that's why, you cannot say, that this was increased now by 10 times... because you do not even know what to increase :D
    Just try out yourself, make some travincal runs in normal /nm/hell with your char, and you will see what does "increased drop rates" look like here :D :tup:
    @Gix help out here please if you know more.

5. Gix

Gix Founder

I can't see how @Quinneczech's post can be considered rude when he gave you the right answer for your question, followed by several confirmations too through using the search button.
    The 10x rate has to do with the experience rate as you said it yourself, the value doesn't refer to drop rate because those works different. As @Quinneczech already mentioned, drops are increased with no given value, some of the bosses for example have uniques overriding the other item qualities so they'll have a guaranteed drop as for the rest of drops is depends on various factors but it won't take you a half an year to get an enigma as you'd do on bnet. Similar posts can be found in the link you were given.

Kefflar32 and ender02 like this.
  6. Fshock

Fshock Member

Thanks , much more better now :)) , see you soon

7. LivEisJeebus

LivEisJeebus Member

Read a lot of the posts in there but didn't see any definitive answer to a question i have regarding NoDrop. Have the No Drop Values been altered at all, basically will more players in the game increase the chances for more items to drop or is NoDrop set to 0 (All monsters will drop items), also has the max item drop been altered (6 items being the max in vanilla).

8. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello @LivEisJeebus. We haven't altered these values at the client level so more players in the game will increase the chances for more items to drop in certain areas, however do keep in mind that in most areas NoDrop is set to 0 by default. Considering that private servers work on a different source code and we also have added different server side settings outside of the MPQ file, this changes things a bit comparing to vanilla. Items drop cap is left as original considering the higher rates we have, one could easily fully gear (bis) multiple characters within a couple months.

/e

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  • Draft saved Draft deleted