Solved Improve game quality

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by felon13, Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felon13

felon13 Member

Hi all, I am new here so I am sorry if such a question has already been discussed. I installed Diablo II few days ago and since now I am trying to improve my game graphics quality. I run the game on windows 10 OS. I have read several topics on that but didn't find any fix till now. Please if somene have some "mod" or something which can improve the game quality and play it on more than 800x600 resolution let me know.
    Thnaks in advance.

2. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

search because it was discussed before only glide is allowed reshack to increase resolution is not working and not allowed

3. felon13

felon13 Member

Thanks for the answer. I did tried glide but I have some problem on "When you are done with the copying, run D2VidTst and once ready, select 3DFX Glide." step. When I click on D2VidTst nothing happens :( so I can't select 3DFX Glide. Any idea on that ?

4. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

set compatibility to windows xp sp3 and start as administrator, if you read the entire glide topic you have all answers there but don't expect ultra graphics for a 2001 game

5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

Kefflar's settings might work, alternatively you can let windows fix it itself.
    You need to Right-Click D2VidTest.exe and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

You will see this new window, Select "Try Recommended Settings".
    [​IMG]

Select "Test Program".

[​IMG]

The Video Test will run now regardless of your user settings.

[​IMG]

A prompt will come up after you are finished with the program asking if you want to save the settings - Select Yes.

As others have stated; an actual resolution mod for in-game is not allowed. You can however tweak the graphical settings some using glide. Enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    felon13, BadKid and Kefflar32 like this.
  6. hallomoin

hallomoin Member

I had the same problem - after coming back to the game a few days ago - Glider Topic kinda covers it - set the D2vid test in compability mode for win xp service pack 3

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.