Infinity Pikezon viable?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Azure, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Azure

Azure Senior Member

Good morning!!

It's been a long time asking myself... And Just found Ceremonial pike and this doubt came back to me.

Is it really viable an Infinity pikezon? I've been doing some research online and did not find much about it, that's why i'm asking.

The idea is to use as main skill Lightning strike (which I use with my javazon for melee) for groups and as secondary skill might be Power Strike to deal with individual mobs.

What are your thoughts about it?

Many thx!

2. D2Addict

D2Addict Well-Known Member

what area's are u planning to use this in?

3. Azure

Azure Senior Member

Did not thought about it. Let's say as a normal char for day-to-day use?

IE: I use my Javazon for mf runs (yes, a javazon... Got luckier with the 65-mf--javazon than the +300-mf-sorce). It's slower than a sorce? OFC, she has no enigma and i go running (why? because i like that way). So, let's say i can replace the javazon for the "pikezon" just for fun. Also she could be a little faster in heavy light resistances areas (IE: Mausoleum) as she would be the one holding the infinity, having the conviction aura and lowering lightning resistance.

Also could try on ubers to give some vacations to the smiter pala?

Ty!

4. D2Addict

might be a good replacement for fun i doubt it will be a very long lasting character as it will depend on walking like you want gear wise what are u looking at aside from infinity?

5. Azure

Azure Senior Member

About gear:

Head - Andy
    Armor - COH
    Globes - Drakul (if Uber) / +"X"/20 ias (2-3 skill, could be java or passive too)
    Neck - Cat's / nice rare/crafted with+2 skills with nice opt
    Rings - Bulk+raven // crafted or rare with dual leech+opts and raven (freeze)
    Boots - Gore
    Belt - Thundergod/verdungo

Inventory: torch+anni, java skills. Hp+res charms

I think it might work XD

6. D2Addict

I'll make a test video for u give me a few days :D add some area's you'd like to see it in

Edit: So far it's viable on player 1 difficulty (1 shot diablo w/charged strike) but im having 1 major issue it hits as fast as a turtle any and idk of any amazon specific spears that have Fast or Very Fast attack speed for that problem to be solved best option would be Merc faith unless there's a different way i haven't found i'll keep looking tho ;D

Edit Again: I have found a solution had to switch Cat's Eye For Mara's and CoH for Hustle and to Maintain 75 All res i replaced 3x Skillers with some sc's

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    Azure likes this.
  7. Azure

Azure Senior Member

Man! Thank you!!

It would be great to se her in heavy lightning resist areas (IE mausoleum, or hitting a 168LR elite in act 5)

Unfortunately no, amazon specific pikes do have "normal" atk speed. I was thinking on a Faith Hydra bow 1st act merc (just got a +14ed today) to help with the atk spd too.

What about using hustle (lvl 1 fana) or even better Beast (lvl 9 fana) in a weapon for the merc? Maybe a 5th act merc dual wielding a Lastwish and a Beast?? XD (fana lvl 9 + Might lvl 17... Nice!).

What do u think??

8. D2Addict

I had the chance lastnight to do Baal on /players 8 and she faired well but it was lacking in souls so couldn't really tell if she would deal well with being overwhelmed by lightning or her mana being drained

Tho faith is a great option it's an expensive runeword so i avoid using it unless its the only option i think maybe like you suggested Hustle/Beast A-5 Merc would help alot only problem is he will deal low damage as they can't Dual Wield weapons the character model shows them using 2 Axes but in reality only 1 can be equipped i'm thinking maybe Beast in something Heavy hitting with hopefully 100% CB

need to know are u ok with me switching CoH/Cat's Eye for faster hits or should i switch back to them since they are what u intially planned on using?

Azure likes this.
  9. Azure

Azure Senior Member

Sure! We can try that option too.

Again, many thanks man!

10. D2Addict

it seems to work better with a merc with Insight for mana safety and the hits are a lot faster in comparison to CoH/Cat's Eye

Azure likes this.
  11. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

I have made "Charged Strike Zons before,and they were a LOT of fun.Honestly,I would NOT let your Zon use Infinity,drop it on an a2 Merc and just use Titans on your Zon.she will hit fast,and CS will NEVER miss,even with piss poor A.R!!!

12. D2Addict

Well.. the video is ready only 1 major problem YouTube is refusing to give me intermediate rights as soon as thats ready i'll be able to send here

13. Azure

Azure Senior Member

The idea is to use something different. The usual titan/shield zon with act 2 merc is the standard one (it's actually my main char). Back in 1.09 I wanted to see if a Pikezon was viable (in that time I was thinking on Lycander's flank as a main weapon), but just quit the game for a long time. Now is the redemption time! (?)
    Woooooo!!!! Awaiting that video!!! Come on YT! ^_^

14. D2Addict

This is the 2nd video i've ever made/edited so it's lacking in several ways

Stefansg, Gix and Azure like this.
  15. Azure

Azure Senior Member

DUUUUUUUUUDE!

It's a total YES. Just need to farm the 4socks pike (did get a +2 to skills today TT_TT jjajaja) and 100% on it XD
    Many thx man!

BTW... Those +5allres+20life charms! PURE LOVE XD

EDIT: Now I do understand what u mean by "as fast as a turtle"... With that build she may have a good atk speed but still seems to be "normal". Could u test the same equipment but replacing Mara with Cats?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  16. D2Addict

I'll make a CoH/Cat's Version but i will run only Chaos Sanctuary as she hits even harder with that setup might need to change merc for a Beast or Faith merc to match the attack speed want me to add the comparison in the video?

Azure likes this.
  17. Azure

Azure Senior Member

UHHH!!!! Sure man!!!

18. D2Addict

i only want to add the comparison because of the IAS Breakpoints they are very specific and hard to reach while maintaining Good kill speed / walk speed i aimed for 99 ias

These are the Ias Breakpoint for Pikezone:
    IAS/AS(Ticks)/Attacks Per Second
    0 20 1.25
    2 19 1.31
    6 18 1.38
    11 17 1.47
    18 16 1.56
    24 15 1.66
    37 14 1.78
    50 13 1.92
    70 12 2.08
    99 11 2.27
    147 10 2.5
    250 9 2.77
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 6, 2024, Original Post Date: Apr 4, 2024 ---

Edit: you've probably watched the CoH/Cat's version but i mention some changes i noticed when i ran Chaos with the Faith Merc

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    Stefansg and Azure like this.
  19. Azure

Azure Senior Member

The way she melt that Champion Caster at 1:22 :love:

Seems she needs the insight merc not to be a pot dependant. Do love her atk spd with faith merc, but her mana....

Definitely will do this char, just need the pike (again got a +2 to skills yesterday, but no ED). In the meantime, i'll continue thinking wich merc opt will do.

MANY thanks man!

20. D2Addict

+2 Skills? you mean the Pikes can roll +amazon skills? if so this could be alot more effective :)

• Draft saved Draft deleted