Legit Players online?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aethyllnor, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aethyllnor

aethyllnor Supporter

So when I log into the server I get a thing saying "2000ish players online in 1000ish games." Then i notice there are only about 9 public games, with around 15 people in them. So really 1985 players are in private games and channels? Also, when I type in "/users command" I get numbers around 65 players in 19 games. IS that the actual legitimate players playing at that time?

- - - - - Merged post - - - - -

Gix,
    Yes, when I did that it was late last night. Bad assumption.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2016
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

It's pretty obvious that's the total number of all online players hosted by the games available on our platform which are warcraft, diablo, starcraft, redalert, etc so not just from diablo. The /users command will show you individual statistics for each game and you're free to download all of them and do the checks manually. No idea where you've seen 9 public games, probably during late 5:00-6:00 AM in Europe when everyone is sleeping so there are less public games and more private ones otherwise I'm assuming this is just trolling, yesterday there was a small downtime too. At the moment you were typing your message there were 70 public games or more in softcore ladder alone out of a total of about 740 players, however just like on the official server (if you ever played on bnet you could see the main chat channel had no more than 10-20 players although the server had thounds in games) this game is 80% or more private games and 20% and less public ones, besides that we have many koreans playing in our server since the game is installed in a couple of their internet cafes but they have their own forums, discord and mostly all games are being made in private lan because just a couple of them actually know a few english words. I was barely able to talk to one of the guys as I was eager to ask him how did they find about us and how they ended up installing our server in their internet cafes so I doubt you would like to see some random weird characters all day long in the chat like it used to happen in our warcraft3 server few years ago when a large group of korean players were using the main channel and everything was chaotic. Also the /games command won't display any of the private games (obvious security reasons) and neither all the public games that are being created. You can only see the games that you can access depending on level, difficulty, game level restrictions set by the owner, etc. If you ever played on bnet then everything applies here too, there are no differences in terms of players mentality, commands or how this game is being played between the official and a private server, except that we don't have those 90% botters, cheaters and spammers that bnet has.

Slawyk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.