Looking for a Solution to reduce FPS! (d2glide not working)

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Elk, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elk

Elk Member

Hello,

Since the release of the new launcher, I'm having major performance difficulties with running 7 instances of Diablo II as each window is taking up around 10% CPU as the FPS isnt capped.

I've tried to use the Glide-Wrapper but it doesn't seem to affect the launcher.

Alternatively, I have a D2Client.dll for 1.13c that was working perfectly fine to solve this problem (autocap at 25fps)
    If I am now replacing the D2Client of this realm with my custom one, then the game wont start at all (I wonder why though, are there any checks for lines within the DLL?).

If this cannot be solved in any way, then I can't really play effectively anymore since I prefer playing in p7/8 as my killing speed is very very fast and monotone runs get repetitive really quick so that way I'm making it a little more timeconsuming but the feeling of success is occuring way more often as the droprate altogether is increased therefore.

Regards,
    Elk

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Why would you need to lower instead of increasing FPS? Low FPS = Bad High FPS = Good. They are called Framers Per Second for a reason ...
    The "new" launcher is nothing but the default 1.13c game.exe itself, there is no magic launcher or anything else, it's the same executable file that the loader and the game itself works with (the 1.13 version)

If you want to use your own D2Client.dll just re-download the patch and replace the new TDAgg.dll version. The checksum for that dll has already been removed a day after the new patch was launched.

Let me know how it goes.

3. Bulanu

Bulanu Member

i have the same issue... from the last patch update, TDA keeps my proc in 10% and the game freeze...

i play 1 second, 2 freeze... 1 play, 2 freeze... and over and over again... the game is un-playable...

4. Gix

Gix Founder

That has nothing to do with this so better check your own computer. Low FPS has nothing to do with freeze and once again FPS has to be HIGH, not low.
    You are playing ever since the patch camed out and I never saw a single issue on your side till now, otherwise I'm sure you would have posted that on chat. Your issue isobviously recent and it has nothing to do with this thread so you should investigate it on your own side first or do a complete reinstall as sometime the game could go crazy. I've seen it before so try the reinstall first. If you are running a lot of D2 instances then 10% CPU can't cause any issues unless something else sucks your CPU up to 100%.