May already be a thread for this but...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Therealfataldogma, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Therealfataldogma

Therealfataldogma Member

I cannot seem to find it. Many topics related to the item in question, but mostly old and unrelated to my burning inquiry.
    Anywho,

Could I get a vote on best shell for the weapon runeword "Beast" ?
    Personally I am looking for highest damage output, matched with attack rating.
    Please leave a short summary of why.

Thank you.

2. Rademeer

Rademeer Active Member

Let's see!
    Beast - 'BerTirUmMalLum' , nonmagic axes, scepters, hammers with exactly 5 sockets

So if you playing Paladin the best (and only) choice is Caduceus. 5 sockets, fast attack speed (-10), good damage (37 - 43, 40 Avg) and you can catch scepter with nice Paladin-class bonuses like +3 to skills!

For Barb best one-handed weapon is Berserker Axe (good 24-71 damage, normal 0 attack speed and can have 5 socket) or Ettin Axe (little bit more 33 to 66 damage but slower -10 attack speed). I prefer Berserker Axe.
    Two-handed weapon - Thunder Maul because of larges average damage among hammer-class weapons. Best two-handed Glorious Axe have less damage output: 92 avg vs 106.5 avg.

Therealfataldogma likes this.
  3. Therealfataldogma

Therealfataldogma Member

This was a thoughtful and nicely articulated response, thank you!

Rademeer likes this.
  4. MadVisions

MadVisions Supporter

Fana ed% counts as a multiplyer towards your main hand grief’s plain damage bonus for being off weapon ed. This gives you immense hidden damage way more than any weapon combination could offer. The rest of the utility stats on the weapon are also splended

Therealfataldogma and Fatty180 like this.
  5. s1ms0ng

s1ms0ng Well-Known Member

Runeword beast is best for Necro summomer i think or Barb WW

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  6. Therealfataldogma

Therealfataldogma Member

well i havent had the chance to test it but i was playing around with hybrid ideas, like what havent we seen yet? well what about a pladain/ werebear crossover..or werewolf. cant remember off the top but i believe only barb can get the werewolf skill. the question i asked myself was what if you cast holy shield then go into bear form, does def buff from holy shield still remain. what are other skill mashups that could be taken advantage of in a pally, were bear hybrid? i think there exists one, with the proper combo of runewords, skills and unique gear. may not be a godly build but sure as hell could be a fun pvm smasher, or a hefty tank role to help certain chars with mobs or hard hitting bosses. at least could be a refreshing break from the traditional way of play.

Darklingsoul likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted