Question(s) Regarding Server Drop Rate

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aethyllnor, Sep 23, 2016.

1. aethyllnor

aethyllnor Supporter

Gix,

Last night during a round a Baal's there was a lengthy and quite adamant conversation about what a monsters possible drops can be, and the "chance" of an item dropping. On one side, it was stated that a monsters drop rate and droppable items are soley dependent on the type of monster, the difficulty setting, and the specific map area (i.e. - blood moor, frigid highlands, chaos sanctuary, etc....). For example, a level 60 paladin slaying a monster will roll the same calculation as a level 99 paladin slaying a monster so long as that monster was in the same map area, on the same difficulty level and the same type of monster.

On the other side, it was stated that Character level factors into the drop-rate. So, for in the above example, the level 99 paladin would have a better "chance" at getting sweet items.

Can you please clarify this issue?

Also - please only Gix, I don't want this to turn into a argument where neither side really knows the answer.

2. melihsoykan

melihsoykan Senior Member

I farm with my 93 lvl Pala in pit act 1 never drop any good things ..Last night I made my light sorc and make 1 run and drop cham rune in pit...İts totally luck I think..chr.level is not important I think

aethyllnor likes this.
  3. North44

North44 Scumbag

Hi there. I think it's something that Gix doesn't necessarily have to answer. Only monsterlvl (and arealvl) affect runedrops, uniques and affixes generated on rares/magics
    Charlvl affects gambling so the higher your char, the better the chances are for better affixes on gambled items (google for calculators or affixgenerator lists, there are lots of them) and this is a fact. Moreover, there were no changes on the server that would affect drop differently.

aethyllnor and MadVisions like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted