Guide Beginner's Guide: Road to SuperSayan in Diablo 2

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Joaiuda, Dec 3, 2016.

1. SlyMonkey

SlyMonkey Member

Is there a super low drop rate for keys ?? I've yet to find one..

2. Neko941

Neko941 Supporter

No normal drop .
    U get one or two sometimes every 10 15 run .
    But still its a chance To drop so you could have 30 run whitout nothing.

3. Chatouille

Chatouille Senior Member

Since this is some kind of starter guide I'd like to add my personal experience, as I didn't follow any :barefoot:
    • Starting as hammerdin is a really good choice because you can melt through hell Travincal, Chaos Sanctuary, and Cows, very easily with shitty travi gear 7k hammer damage, all without Teleport (you will only be slightly slower but that's normal as a starter). Merc insight is pretty much free and gives you infinite mana. Travi will give you better and better gear, SOJ, maras, tradeable 5-5 facets. Chaos and Cows will give you TONS of pgems (don't forget in this server you can upgrade any single gem to max level instantly). Chaos and Cows are also really good places for high runes. After 3-4 days I found a cham in Chaos which I splitted into jah+ber to make my eni.
    • These runewords are really good for hammerdin and quite cheap when you are a starter selling pgems : Spirit (tal-thul-ort-amn, can be done in paladin shield), Hoto (ko-vex-pul-thul where vex=40pgems), CTA (amn-ral-mal-ist-ohm where ohm=2vex)
    • Know your cube recipes for bases. The most useful is probably the one to add a random amount of sockets into white item. Due to how this server splits runes it is very easy to do. But it's also important to know whether you gotta use recipe or if you can simply use Larzuk. Larzuk will always give the max possible amount of sockets (eg. MP=3, AP=4, ETH CV=4). Use d2 wiki to find out.
    • Since the server and launcher allow you to run multiple D2's without effort, you can easily rush yourself to get free Larzuks. Some people might even offer Vex for a Larzuk. If you rush yourself 7 characters at once you might be able to make a business.
    • As long as you don't have Teleport, it is probably not worth it to try running other parts like meph, essences, keys, nihla, etc.
    • You will also get TONS of gold so use that to gamble circlets ^^
    • In this server you pretty much have infinite low runes (like ral) so it can be a good idea to keep your PAmethysts and craft some amulets, which can be just as good as circlets. Travi will give you a shitton of non 5-5 facets which you can use for crafting, instead of selling to Akara. You will have to be 93+ to gamble amulets for crafting, but that's quite easy to reach while farming Chaos sanctuary, even solo.
    • When travi drops gheed, then make sure to kill Diablo, Nihla and Baal if you can (even without Teleport), because if they drop a grand charm it will be a 94+ which sells for Ber (thanks to @Etcetera for the tip).

4. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

When you drop gheed anywhere in the game besides dia, nihl and baal, go to kill these bosses as there is no chance they can drop unique quality grand charm, when they drop a gc - so it will always be magic. And it will always be ilvl 94 for dia, 95 for nihl and 99 for baal.

Thats what he meant by that tip :)

5. starxplor

starxplor Supporter

You do not have to be lvl 93+ to gamble amulets if your maphack settings show you the item level to know if it is high enough to roll with (it is just more gold-efficient to do it this way).

6. darkbringer26

darkbringer26 Member

dumb question - what is a TM?

7. TimmyDeezNuts

TimmyDeezNuts Rezident Ninja Forum Legend

No dumb questions, only dumb answers.
    TM refers to Templar's or Tyrael's Might

8. darkbringer26

darkbringer26 Member

so why would a tyreals might be an alternative to enigma? Not sure I follow..

9. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

• Draft saved Draft deleted