Save items after ladder reset question

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gazlowe33, Aug 30, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gazlowe33

Gazlowe33 Member

I saw a youtube video about saving items after a ladder reset in Diablo 2 Resurrected.
    The youtube video is called: Don't Lose Your Gear at Reset, New Season. Do This Now - Diablo 2 Resurrected.

When i saw this video i said finally, a way to save items in diablo 2 after a ladder reset. But why not in this server? :( This is a modded server so maybe you can do it here too.

And i know that the drop in this server is better, but still some items cost a lot of BERS and it is very sad if i lose them.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2023
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello and welcome aboard, @wroem. Private realms in general do not follow the default ladder/non-ladder model, mainly because this is quite an old game and almost everyone plays ladder only, but here things are different and we have always maintained the original game concept. When a new season begins, all characters and items are being converted to non-ladder as per default and will remain intact so they will not be lost, but once converted these characters will no longer have access to ladder content. You can still keep your characters and items and play them for years to come if this is what you want.

Kefflar32 and Cem like this.
  3. realaki

realaki Supporter

what the hell would be the point of a ladder reset then? saving items over a reset kills the whole idea.
    just think about how much activity there would be after a couple seasons, literally everyone would have all the items, and there was no point in playing at all.

Cem and Nopik like this.
  4. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Losing all the stuff of 2 years of gaming is sad, but you get an exciting new beginning.

5. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

you keep them forever on noladder but u cant move them on the new ladder ofc otherwise it wouldnt make sense like u was told
    I still have my noladder characters with items from 2-3 seasons ago btw and i play them too sometime

6. zstx

zstx Member

when will be the ladder reset in exact?

7. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

Open site http://europebattle.net/d2/ and see Next Ladder Reset: Later in 2023 (exact month is unknown)
    exact date you will have it when there is announcement made, no exact date right now

8. Gazlowe33

Gazlowe33 Member

Hi Gix, I am Wroem. I misunderstood that youtube video i was watching. I thought that video was saying how i can save items in Diablo 2 Resurrected for the next ladder. But the video was saying how i can keep the items only in non-ladder. So that means if the ladder reset, all items will become non ladder items even in Diablo 2 Resurrected.

Because i misunderstood that youtube video, is there a way to delete this thread. Or can you delete it for me? I don't want to mislead people by letting them think that you can save items for the next ladder in Diablo 2 Resurrected. I think edit button is not a good idea because the whole thread is wrong, so it is better to delete this thread.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2023
  9. Gix

Gix Founder

You are not misleading anyone @Gazlowe33, just as there was no point in bumping this thread after two months. This post explains everything that happens during a ladder reset, it's the same system that has been put in place by the game developers since the launch of Diablo II, regardless of the expansion or patch version http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/charactertypes.shtml

PS: Do note that you can only have one forum account.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.