Server newb questions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by darkllord83, Aug 2, 2017.

1. darkllord83

darkllord83 Member

Hey guys,
    first of all, I want to say, that this server is pretty amazing. So many ppl online. It reminds me of great times with diablo I had many years ago. There is a lot of nice helpful people I met during those few days I´m playing here. But I have few questions. My first character is of course MF sorc. Yesterday, I finally got to hell Meph and did countless runs on him with approx 400mf. I had few really good drops but I had not single set piece drop, not even from inferior sets. Where can I loot sets on this server? Or is here other better or more efficient place to MF than Meph?

Another questions is kind of price check.
    I would like to buy SoJ, Maras and 4s Monarch for Spirit. What are prices of those?
    Thank you very much for replies.

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

3. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

well for farming set pieces Pindleskins seems to be source of late game set items for example talrasha armor etc

4. darkllord83

darkllord83 Member

Thanks for replies guys, but I´m wondering, if monsters here have blizz-like loot table. It seemed weird to me, that hell Meph didnt drop a single set piece in approx 100 - 150 runs, not even crappy one. I´m focusing on 3pcs Tals for my MF sorc right now.

5. Fatty180

well pindleskin drop rate is normal

6. Neko941

Neko941 Supporter

If u made some research u Will find a few topics where people and GM talk about drop rate. They dont wanna say too much about it but basically set and rare item are in my opinion more rare then on blizzserv. But the unique drop is higher. The change is not global but more like only on specifics monster like boss ( mephisto like ur said or travincal its just 15 unique every run). Anyway set drop but it Will be rare.
    The supersayan guide is a good one for start understanding the farm on this server.

Dont be too sad cause u can honestly quickly have a full stuff sorc there is a lot of good stuff even if u dont have 3 Tal items

Basically 4s monarch is from free or some people Will ask vex.
    Not the same for a superior one whit enhanced defense ofc.
    Soj price is ohm.
    Maras its free or like vex.

My account name is Neko941.
    Whisp me i Will give u maras 27 and 4os monarch and got shaco if u want

7. Gix

Gix Founder

@Neko941, this has been mentioned before in various other threads. The rare and set items rate it's blizzlike, however due to unique value being increased unique items have a higher priority, thus decreasing rare and set items priority. The items quality priority in diablo2 is unique > set > rare > magic. This "buff" is applied to bosses alone and not to all of them, all the other areas are working exactly the same way. Rare and Set items are actually fun to grind for here as well as they have value.

8. darkllord83

darkllord83 Member

Man, thank you very much, I´l l try to contact you ingame. Here is really nice and helpful community.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 4, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 4, 2017 ---
    Thanks for reply. But even after this explanation I find weird, that I didnt see a single set piece from hell meph after like 200 - 250 runs with approx. 400MF. Not even one from inferior sets.

9. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Please read what @Gix wrote.
    ACT bosses have an increased drop rate of uniques. Hence dropping your chances of getting set items.
    If you are looking to farm set items. You dont go farming Meph or other ACT bosses.

Gix likes this.
  10. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

To farm set items, i can recommend all locations (84 and 85 preferably), where is huge density of easy-to-kill mobs (e.g. flayers in nihitlak temple; mobs at WSK etc...)

Gix likes this.
  11. Fatty180

Pindleskin is capable of dropping set uniques rune in the game :)

Gix likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted