Some server specific questions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by theviper, Nov 20, 2014.

1. theviper

theviper Member

Hi, I'm pretty new here but I must say I really like the server. I did however just discover last night (after 60+ hours on this server) that mercs can equip full inventories! I think that is pretty cool, but I would like to know if mercs are affected by all stats like critical blow, open wounds, etc. What are some good gear setups (and why)?

Also, are there any other things about this server that are majorly different from Bnet except merc, inventory, drop rate, and leveling rate?

Great job on the site and server guys, this has resparked my love for D2.

2. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

first, welcome to the server!
    about your merc, it really depends on what character you are playing.
    i can give you an example for a hammerdin:

insight eth cv
    andariel visage /preferably eth and bugged.
    highlords amulet
    ravenfrost ring
    gorerider boots
    draculs gloves // laying of hands, both good.
    verdungo//nosferatu
    eth forti armor bugged

oh and dont forget to check this thread for the major changes on this server:
    http://forum.gamesymbol.com/f842/[info]-full-list-customs-uniques-523720/

Gix likes this.
  3. theviper

theviper Member

Thanks for the reply. I had seen that list before, but it didn't include anything about extended merc inventory. Honestly I don't know how i figured it out, I think it was trying to throw something out of my stash and accidentally hit "o" and it equipped in an item slot!

Also, I want to know if all stats that affect player like CB, LL, etc affect merc as well. And does IAS and FHR breakpoints affect him too? Thanks again!

4. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

there are merc ias breakpoints, just google it. life leech is indeed very important for your merc, thats why andariel visage is a good choice as helm. cb affects him also. i dont really know if fhr affects him too, because it was never necessary for me.

/e
    with the equipment i posted above, you can be sure that your merc will never die (exception: if you die he will die, too)

• Draft saved Draft deleted