spirit shield bug

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by high_hopes, Dec 29, 2020.

1. high_hopes

high_hopes Senior Member

i have been trying to get the 35 fcr spirit on a monarch shield and since i didn't get it i was removing the runes with hel rune and after i got back the base, the defense of the shield decreases with every removement of the runes and i ended up having a monarch shield with just 19 defense instead of 211 :)
    how can i maintain the original defense of the shield without dropping it by removing the runes ?
    Screenshot051.jpg

2. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

That only happens to ethereal items, without the 'enhanced defense' mod among runeword mods.
    Find a non-ethereal (normal or superior) one and you won't face this issue. Anyway, a common practice is to use eth monarch spirit on switch, with CtA, in which case the fact that it has 19 defense does not matter.

3. high_hopes

high_hopes Senior Member

i am using eth cuz it requires less str than a normal one (146 str req compared to the non eth 156) and after it s broken just find another one is easy to find.
    ok so only to eth items is the bug.
    thanks for the answer

4. colder

colder One of the Legends Game Master

Hi, I can give you an extra piece of useful information about the Eth shield bug where you can use the trick with a bugged spirit 2037 def using exile runewords to bug the base and then make your spirit once (because more spirits rolled will diminish that defense) and repair it with another exile from 1 durability to make it new again but unfortunately, that trick works only on paladin shields.
    Cheers

Nopik likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted