Trying to decide what to put Infinity in for my merc...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RikuAotsuki, Jun 5, 2024.

1. RikuAotsuki

RikuAotsuki Member

I've been playing mostly self-found this season, for some reason. I've hit a point where I have enough runes to make some of the nicer runewords, but not so many that I can justify using them carelessly.

I can't find a 4os ethereal spear/polearm for the life of me, aside from CVs. My understanding is that thresher/great thresher are the best polearms for it, and mancatcher the best spear due to it being much easier to hit higher ias breakpoints for applying CB--should I cave and put infinity in an eth CV? a non-eth mancatcher? Or should I keep farming cows with 0mf until I find something better?

Infinity would obviously make the farming process itself a lot faster, especially since I have yet to find a griffon's, but is it worth using the two bers in a less-than-ideal base?

2. Nechifor

Nechifor Senior Member

Save the time and runes and trade for an eth 4os thresher.
    If you're keen on playing self found, (and assuming that you're playing a javazon) make an Insight out of that eth CV and just spam Lightning Fury and keep farming cows.

Kefflar32 likes this.
  3. Herlikium

Herlikium Supporter

I would prefer eth giant thresher, but generally there is no difference... merc is not main dmg dealer and those 1-3k dmg are "helpless"

Kefflar32 likes this.
  4. D2Addict

D2Addict Senior Member

Depends on your character really... if its Light sorc any infinity will work for sometime if its a necromancer then like Nechifor said trade for it if its important Bone necromancers need a somewhat overpowered mercenary to be good at PvM other than that theres no real point in stressing about merc dps :)

Kefflar32 likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted