Classic - Non Expansion - Also needs some Love

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Coldet, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Hi

Classic also needs some of the love that LOD has received. It feels a little neglected.

1. Stash Size - it is still the standard 6x4
    2. Annie - I have killed Diablo Clone twice and there are no drops. This is as it always was. But I feel we need some motivation. It is fun to kill the Clone, In classic it is very very hard but fun. (In LOD - Wait I will make a separate post in this regard). If it is not possible to drop an Annie because of the game mechanics not having charms in Classic then perhaps have a modified Unique drop.
    3. Mercenaries - Ability to carry equipment AND the ability to move between Acts - This may in fact be difficult to implement.
    4. Minions - Ability to move between Acts - once again this may not be possible in Classic.
    5. Modified Equipment - ONLY Two or Three - Please don't change too much in Classic but it would be nice to have a few items
    a. Something like the "Templar" from LOD. This should have the iLVL 90 so that it can only drop from Hell Diablo - Naturally 1 to Teleport is the "Suffix" were looking for here :)
    b. An Item that has the "Suffix" Meditation Aura - This should be available on a iLvl27 and findable in areas 27 onwards - If the Mercenaries are possible then a polearm would be great for this. The Battle Branch Pole Axe is a suggestion to modify here.​
    c. An Item that has the "Suffix" Conviction aura - Once again if mercenary's are possible then this should be on a polearm. This item should be rare and only available from Diablo Hell.​

As an after thought it may actually be easier to add the last 2 suffixes into the tables so that they can spawn on rare equipment thereby keeping with the basic essence of Classic, we really don't want to spoil Classic, only enhance it a little. If we were to go this route then there may actually be other suffix's that could be added to the game.

2. Gimboo

Gimboo Member

ive carried merc from act to act on classic... summoner minions follow too last i checked... i did this on single player, Templar's might i could see this item being in classic but the +1 tele is not a classic mod(at least not that i know of) so it wouldn't work... there's sooo very few mod's u can use in classic that everyone wants, like aura mods there were none in classic at all so this could cause a error with the server. dclone not dropping anything, ok i agree there, he should drop like a bunch of high unique's or something to be rewarding to classic. some of the Mod's u want are just not available on classic... thats hard coded in the game and could cause error's if put in... or just not work at all.. but they could change the aura's merc's have in normal to conviction and meditation that would be simple but a merc with no gear is a dead merc and merc's with gear is impossible in classic... sorry man.. but +1 for the dclone to drop something for classic users.

Coldet likes this.
  3. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Thanks for the reply. Is there no way that a person can add mods to classic. From your reply I'm guessing not.

I'll confirm that the mercenaries and minions do not follow between acts online.

The Paladin in Classic has the conviction and Meditation skills in classic - can they not be added as mods to gear?

4. Gimboo

Gimboo Member

even tho they have the skill the level ?? conviction aura when equipped was not in the game durning classic, it was added in during LoD, so even if u put it on a item, it could cause errors with the server. just like O skills, ive never seen them on items in classic.

5. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Amulets have the Suffix or is it a prefix "to all skills"
    Several staves have the suffix "Teleporrt" although they specify "(Sorceress only)"

6. Krystals

Krystals Member

oskill wasnt around when classic was out. as for those mods... no dont touch classic... MAYBE the cube/stash but nothing else. its called CLASSIC for a reason.

7. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

Yes I too don't want to see too much changed in Classic - But it really could do with a little love. At the very least we need Diablo Clone to drop a special item.

8. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

Hello. Our settings are made exclusively for D2 LOD as this is what we support and what almost everyone is playing but I will see what we can do regarding classic.

9. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

I hear you. BUT would it be so hard to alter one item and make it drop from only Diablo Clone?

10. Krystals

Krystals Member

the way it works....

when you kill uber diablo, hes a stand alone monster....

in the drop table he has the treasure class ROP assigned to him to be a preset drop, 100% unique chance drop 1 item and no chance of a no drop.

if you were to throw another item into the table this would happen :
    on LOD you could roll 2 anni's but the anni can only drop 1 time per game. so the 2nd charm would drop magic.(provided you gave ROP 2 picks, meaning it would roll the drops 2 times)
    say the modder created a 2nd item, the special item you were talking about, when you killed uber d on classic it could roll an anni still and have no drop, or it could drop the special item (provided the modder gives ROP 1 pick)
    the above scenario would cut the chance of getting an anni on lod by 50%... and its suppose to be 100%. im not sure if you will understand this but if you dont just shoot me a PM and ill explain more in depth =)

Ezekiel and Coldet like this.
  11. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

THanks Kristals that kinda makes sense. It's a pity then than annies can't just be added to Classic. Any way I had to try.

12. Krystals

Krystals Member

it would be possible, ill see if its possible to do without messing with xpac drops

13. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Administrator

I'll pass this to our developer once he will get some free time as currently he is extremely busy.

14. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

some people prefer classic over lod because there are no op runewords etc. so its much harder gameplay.
    i played classic for a while too.
    it feels like you play another game. there is a big difference between cl and lod.

15. Coldet

Coldet Forum Legend

I actually play both. Classic just lies very close to the heart. It requires a totally different gameplay. I've been playing both forms of D2 for many years now and I have to be honest I only recently learned that Diablo Clone also Spawns in Classic. Imagine my excitement and then Disappointment when he dropped nothing.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.