Fair Pvp Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Exan, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exan

Exan Member

Greetings, community, let me introduce to you my version of PvP Rules, based on official Revised GM PvP Rules . Please feel free to ask any questions and discuss it here.

Best regards, Exan.

FAIR PvP RULES

General Rules:
    - No hacks and third-party software.
    - All games are played on “Hell” difficulty, on Blood Moor location. Leaving Blood Moor will be result of instant loss.
    - Resetting Stats/Skills due to Akara and Token of Absolution is not allowed.
    - Map must be cleaned from monsters.
    - The duel starts once every participant said “go” or “g”.
    - Quitting the game results in a loss (exception – if you got dropped from the game, due to server lags or internet issues).
    - Going to another location results in a loss (exception - if you accidently teleported to town, immediately come back out).
    - Refusal to show gear/inventory results in a loss.
    - No naked killing.
    - No mercenaries.
    - No use of Healing, Rejuvenation, Thawing and Antidote potions during a duel. Only Mana potion is allowed.
    - No excessive use of houses, walls.
    - No overly defensive/passive play.
    - Charges, besides Enchant, Oak and Heart of Wolverine are not allowed.
    - Precasting from stash is allowed only for Energy Shield (Memory runeword) and pre-buffing Enchant (from Demonlimb).
    - Replenish Life is capped at 40.
    - No more than 10% slow from items.

Absorb/Resistances Rules:
    - If using more than one item granting percent or integer absorb, maximum resistance to any element is 75. Exception – Thundergod’s Vigor and Nightswing Veil.
    Cold resistance: maximum 400 total cold resistance + 0% absrob, maximum 320 total cold resistance + 20% absorb, maximum 250 total cold resistance + 40% cold absorb. If total cold resistance is more than 300, maximum cold resistance is 75.
    Lightning resistance: 80 maximum + 20% absorb, 85 maximum + 0% absorb.
    Fire resistance: 80 maximum + 15% absorb, 85 maximum + 0% absorb.
    Poison Resistance: 90 maximum.

Class-Specific Rules:

Amazon:
    - Slow Missiles is banned.

Assassin:
    - Dual-claw assassins: maximum resistance to any element is 80 (or 75 if using percent or integer absorb).
    - Dual-claw assassins: only one item granting absorb is allowed.

Necromancer:
    - Bone Wall is banned.
    - Bone Prison is allowed vs characters that have Teleport.
    - Iron Maiden and Life Tap are banned.
    - Curses allowed only in TvT (exception - Lower resist is allowed in 1v1).
    Fire resistance: 85 maximum + 15% absorb, 90 maximum + 0% absorb.

Paladin:
    - No use of Mediation if Prayer has more than one hard skill-point.
    - Holy Bolt is banned.
    - Holy Freeze is banned.

Sorceress:
    - Mana potions are not allowed if using Energy Shield.
    - Can't have any absorb or +maximum resistance if using Energy Shield.
    - Replenish Life is capped at 20 if using Energy Shield.
    - Integer damage reduction/magic damage reduction is capped at 20 if using Energy Shield.
    - Damage reduction% is capped at 25% if using Energy Shield.
    - Oak is not allowed if using Energy Shield.

Item Rules/Banned Items:
    - No use of ethereal items (exception - item is Indestructable, has Zod rune or Self-repair/Replanish quantity).
    - Maximum 451 poison damage from charms.
    - Doom is not allowed against characters that are IAS-based.
    - Exile is banned.

Bglzaborg likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Removed the "official" word from your thread title and removed the link that leads to another forum.
    By the way, you did good on removing some hilarious rules that were written in that thread. People were bashing that guy all over.

3. Exan

Exan Member

Oh sry, my bad - I misswriten when was making thread title. Can you please change "# Link Removed #" to "GM PvP Rules"?

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Done.

PS: Please avoid quoting the full post above yours.

5. stalji

stalji Member

paulman !!

6. Exan

Exan Member

sup spelar

7. petrinjiva

petrinjiva Member

8. Exan

Exan Member

^This version of rules has many moot points and flaws even in original DIablo 2 Servers. We are playing private server, where mod allows us to use more charms in inventory - it means that rules (esp resistances/absorb) must be reviewed.

9. Levitas

Levitas Well-Known Member

I think that the rules overall are good. Some could be improved a bit, but good effort Exan. Can I just add that Draculu's should be banned for mele chars which use spells that activate life tap - Paladin, Barb(using spells different from WW), etc. Another rule I would change is the No Mana for ES Sorc with ES>80(75)lvl.

I think these rules are can help a lot, not having to explain to people what they are allowed to do and what they are not allowed every single time will be a bless.

[MENTION=1]Gix[/MENTION], can you please make the thread sticky?

10. Exan

Exan Member

Actually Dracula's Grasp is the only one decent OW source for barbs (Doom is BM, and Rare Fools x2 Um BA's are impossible-to-get). I don't think that it will be good idea to remove it (all gm rules are allowing it), cause 5% it's near random. The only think must-be-reviewed in rules, by my opinion, is Resistances. You know this server allows you to use x19 GCs. Gl catching passive sorc, flying over blood moor and spamming random 30-32k Fireballs.

11. Levitas

Well Dracul's is fine for barb using WW, since it does not activate the life tap. Barb using Concentration, Berserk, Frenzy on the other hand should not use Dracul's since those spells will activate life tap. Smitters and Zealers are melee chars that should not use Dracul's.
    Regarding the resistances, I personally don't have a problem dueling Fire Sorceress with my barb using 75 max res and 1 absorb. If they do a lot of dmg, that means that they will die quite easily as well. Lightning Sorceress are a bit more tricky but 80 max res and 1 absorb will do the job. For cold Sorc I do think that the allowed stacked resistances should be extended, due to the -res they get from extra skillers. I know for certain that a good Paladin will be able to beat a good Sorc with the resistances and absorb I have stated above. Apart from that I don't know how is it for other character classes, but I dont think there is a big difference. The big inventory works both ways, resistances can be easily stacked with so much free space and 1 absorb + 5 max res is all one needs in my opinion.

12. Exan

Exan Member

Dracula's 5% life tap is totally about random. I guess you will kill target faster by Zerk'ing it, than procing Life Tap lol.
    Obv, decent BvC can handle almost any caster np even with 75 res. But I am talking about other classes. Just imagine what 18k LS trapper will do with slim druids/necs/sorcs.

13. Levitas

Its true that 5% is not much, but when activated life tap gives big advantage to smitters vs barbs for example, otherwise its much closer duel and quite a lot of fun for me personally, as a barb.
    Well to be honest Trapper has always been superior to Sorceress and Druids, I wouldn't agree with the Necro, because its the 1 char that has a big advantage over a Trapper. Even with a normal inventory its damn hard to kill a good trapper with a Sorc(Fire, Light) and Druid. The extended inventory has made it even harder for druid, but it does help ES Sorceress, because they can get more life/mana and still maintain good damage output, so killing Assassins is easier now (for ES Sorc). I know that this is just 1 example you have stated, but overall I think it still rather balances out. Not much of a differences, helps some character classes and hurts others, but not by as much as people state.

14. Levitas

Btw, I now saw that you have listed Thundergod as legit, which I definitely think it is not. It has light absorb and + 10 max light resistances and I would put it as banned item. It does give one a big advantage over Lightning Sorc/Trapsin/Java (and I do not have char using light dmg).

15. Exan

Exan Member

Tgod provides little integer absorb (not %) and it has liliputian effect in terms of pvp. Again, all pvp rules allows it (banned only on Wind Druid in Revised GM PvP). So I dont see any reason of banning it.

16. stalji

stalji Member

sup paulman !!

well most of duelers uses wisp+Lo, or LoLo for dudu vs trap...tg i see really useful only on nec vs trap, or hammerdin so no reason to be banned

17. Levitas

Well lets make an example. I am dueling versus a Trapper, whose traps do 1-18000 dmg. His average dmg is 9000. In PVP there is a penalty and characters deal 1/6 of their damage. As a result he will be dealing 1500 average damage. Tgod gives +10 max light resistance, therefore I can have 85 Light res. Assuming that I do, the trapper will do average damage of 225 (15% from 1500). When a trap hits me I will regain 20 hit points from the absolute absorb. This means that in this case the 20 absolute absorb is on average 8,9% absorb.
    Actually most trappers will have about 15k damage resulting in even higher percentage of light absorb. It is of course different with 30k damage light Sorc there the 20 absolute absorb on average equals a bit over 5% absorb. Still, I think that is significant enough and unfair, especially for Trapsins.

Edit: I would also change the replenish life for ES Sorc to 27 or 30, because if its 20(the amount one gets from HOTO) they cannot use both HOTO and COH, which is the most common ES Sorc equipment.

18. Exan

Exan Member

Don't forget that duel vs sin - is constant spamming of 225 lightning damage projectiles from 5 traps. So 20 integer absorb on tgod isnt so important. Banning tgod on classes other than Driod will be pointless and bad idea.

19. Levitas

Well as I pointed out those 20 absolute absorb actually come close to 10% light absorb. And that absorb works every time a trap hits you. 10% absorb + 10 max resistance is just too much. Imagine you are a Hybrid Assasin, your traps will do 10-12k dmg. 10k results in 125 actual average damage and if the player absorbs 20 out of 150 that is then over 16%absorb. 10max res +15 fire absorb are not allowed but in this case it seems that same is allowed for lightning absorb...

Tgod has always been BM for me as it just provides too much of an edge versus lightning class characters.

20. Exan

Exan Member

That's wrong math, dude. It's not correct to calculate damage total from "avarege" number.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.