Intresting Item ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by IAmTheLawlrus, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheLawlrus

IAmTheLawlrus Supporter

Post em in here lads

Corpse Party
    Spired helm
    150-200% enhanced defense
    -100 to Vitality
    30% chance to Cast level 20 Corpse explosion on kill
    always ETH
    5-10% life leech
    1-2 open sockets
    20-50% enhanced damage

this item is Merc only, putting this on a player character results in them having VERY low health, however the negative vit doesnt effect mercs. This item would be MEGA cool on bow mercs

2. Sevar

Sevar Member

i was talking for minior changes. Did you understand this helm is somehow automatic necro on your side?! 30% is to high chance and level 20 CE have very high range.
    I used to play my gold digger (1900 % extra gold and 560% Magic find ) Bo barb with heavy dmg merc . My support with dmg to him is just War cry and most f time i just tryed to stay alive. In solo game it take 10 mins for Baal run+ WS 2-3 and Throne. With this it will be 3-4 mins which will be faster than most builds that cost a lot of runes to make it.
    My idea is if you make some suggestion just try to not be so overpowered, becouse this will stop Gix and tohers that support the server to listen to you.

3. bored

bored Active Member

Ya that helm is way over the top... just lookin for minor revisions like addin -15 requirement to say spirit ward.Just alterations to some items that would make them worthwhile to use.

4. IAmTheLawlrus

IAmTheLawlrus Supporter

Its just a basis for a idea, he could always modify numbers. doesnt have to be 30% could be 5-10% and yeah the idea is so the radius is huge. Ive done some testing on this. When corpse explosion casts on kill it explodes a RANDOM corpse. so the radius has to be decently big to be used over other helm slots. this thread is for cool item ideas, Ideas you've had that you think might make a cool addition to the game. lets not get off track by discussing how broken something is.

5. ferrum

ferrum Member

I once made a custom mod for single player where I introduced a similar item. It was also a helm, named Corpsegrinder, and it had level 30 Corpse Explosion casting on kill or on attack even, don't recall correctly anymore. It was really something, I can tell you that - the most powerful item I had ever seen anywhere by far. The upside was that it made any imaginable build playable and viable for Hell, and I mean ANY build. All you had to do was equip Infinity on your merc and think up a way for you to get Amplify Damage - with that nothing had a chance in PvM. Another upside, and the major one which was my intent when making an item like this - it made physical damage characters more powerful than magic damage characters, thus making the population of Barbarians, Zealots, Druids etc bigger AND lowering the amount of those boring Sorceresses and Hammerdins just because they aren't the fastest-killing builds anymore.

Your item would most probably do the same - if a build can kill one monster faster it results in that char killing a full screen of monsters in almost that very same moment. It's fun at first but gets pretty boring after a while. Huge balance issues are the downside.

If you want to implement that fast killing of Corpse Explosion I suggest you try what I do - just use a Necromancer with an Amp/CE build. The merc hits at 5 fpa, has max resists, good survivability and has 100% Crushing Blow (which is INSANE). You need nothing more.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.