Improving Crafting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Light86, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light86

Light86 Well-Known Member

Hi folks!
    I just recently started playing here and had played a long time on bnet before. I would call myself a "mass crafter", crafted 200+ items every day back in bnet times. I was trading all day crafting mats and didnt used any bots for this. I just love the feeling getting something really gz out of your crafts you did create yourself.

Now the current situation here is good / bad for me. I can downgrade Runes for crafting mats, saying one Pul will convert in thousands of nef/eth/tals... that's just awesome! Also the possibility upgrading gems into perfect with the cube is nice to have, makes it very easy to get perfect rubys/amethysts/sapphires. But my real problem is getting Jewels for crafting.
    I am farming cows/cs/tc87 areas with high monster densitys just to get some jewels. I also bring in some mules in my games to increase the drop rates further but I cant get more than 20-30 Jewels in some hours on top...

I would like to craft more items and bring some top crafts on this server. This would improve PvP overall when ppl can use sick knockback gloves on Amazons, Top fcr rings on casters and sick Amulets and so on...

I would have two suggestions for improving crafting situation:
    Option1: Add random/unidentified Jewels to a vendor. For example you can gamble Jewels at gheed or buy random ilvl1 Jewels at akara. They dont have to be any good so itemlevel1 would be sufficient for crafting.

Option2: Make a special superunique Monster drop 4-6 Jewels always. I know you alrdy changed drop behaviour of many super uniques, like travincal and actbosses dropping tones of unique items. Maybe make any monster like shenk or eldrich or someone else drop Jewels for us?
    This would could make ppl farming jewels with any stats too. If you dont want that for any reason, I would suggest option1 then.

As I said I am new here, if I have missed anything about gathering jewels so far let me know plz :)

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Hi,
    at the moment most people pretty much have the crafted items they want. So the sales of jewels kinda slowed down also.
    Up untill recently you could buy a lot of jewels and people were selling them 40 to 160 at a time.
    Especially for new players selling jewels and gems was a good source of income to get starting gear, anni and torch.
    Now the sale of jewels is not what it used to be so it might seem that there is a shortage of jewels.
    Its just that people decided to not pick them up as often anymore if the stats arent good enough to put in a socket.

You could try to make a post on our Marketplace section and mention that you would like to buy jewels.
    The price of 40 jewels is around ohm rune.
    http://forum.europebattle.net/categories/marketplace.848/

Regards.

ashcool likes this.
  3. Light86

So I have to wait for a ladder reset? Is that my only option then?

That's I did start this thread. I am not the only person who has this problem. I have talked with some people ingame and they have also problems crafting cause a lack of jewels.

Well, as I said I farm all areas profitable for jewels and pick them up, but I just cant get many. I also dont have time to play all day...

I already tried to trade them ingame for 1 week now without any success. I didnt start made a trade thread yet because...well let's say euphemistic the trade forum looks a bit inactive. When I cant trade ingame there's little reason to make a topic here imo. Since most people use to trade ingame only as it seems.

So at the end, nothing you have posted would help me so far.
    "Anything that could help us improve the server goes here but keep it as blizzlike as possible."
    I posted this thread because I am not the only one having these troubles and it would help many players imo. If you dont like my suggestions for improving this situation maybe we can find a solution everyone would agree with. Overall I dont see a reason not to change something, we have the possibilities to farm unique items, runes and perfect gems alrdy and adding a source for jewels wouldnt change the economy system of the server (at least if those jewels would be ilvl1).
    The only reason I can see that it would take too much work to add a feature for this issue. But even then I am willing to help if I could.

Regards Light.

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Keep in mind that even if a suggestion is good that doesn't mean it will be applied anytime soon or at all simply because such decisions take time, ideas must be discussed thoroughly, some might require extra attention because they can change different game aspects and cause imbalance and others may be impossible to be implemented.
    We are open to suggestions but that doesn't mean we are obliged to accept or implement all of them. Most suggestions that people make in various games, forums, etc are not good suggestions but in general people think their own suggestion is the best and that it should be applied instantly, no matter what, which is not going to happen because no game, software or application will do that.
    Anyway, before discussing any further I'd suggest you completely drop off that attitude of yours because your reply is just rude and we have no interest in replying to such posts.

ashcool likes this.
  5. Light86

1) I have seen some suggestions here for asking bringing hacked/bugged items to the server which is oppositedly to being "blizzlike" and I know what you mean about "bad suggestions". You changed the dropsrates of some superunique monsters/actbosses alrdy so I dont see how another droprate change would be game/economy-breaking.

2) You call me "rude". Sorry but that's a joke, right? I asked for something, Inyata replied with 0 content as I pointed out in my repost. I dont know how the situation was before I joined here so and it wouldnt help me in any way. I gave suggestions and offered my help in any way I can. You call me rude for this? Are you real man?

3) I wanted to have a logical/objectival discussion about that. I heard 0 arguments from any game monderator. Is this real? I can be rude if you want but then you delete my posts and ban me because you have the might to do it. You must feel real big man...

4) You deleted a post as it seems. No idea what was the content from the guy above, I didnt read it. I dont know what's going on here. The only guy who has to change his attitude is you obviously...

6. Gix

Gix Founder

Excuse me but none of your posts have been deleted and you're not banned either but that means this is either a secondary account of the guy that got banned earlier today after being unbanned just a day before or you're his buddy and you have no problems in supporting his bad attitude that got him banned in the first place, not that I'm surprised after seeing yours.
    To answer your question, yes, you were quite rude and if your excuse is because "Inyata replied with 0 content" then that's pretty much disrespectful still.

Anyhow, adding jewels for sale at any vendor will pretty much kill the trade market for jewels and kinda takes away the idea of farming so this cannot happen. Since you joined late into the current ladder, jewels trading is slower now than usual but there are still plenty of people farming them and some obviously have more or less time to allocate for that.
    So far there was no general interest into increasing jewels drop but if there will be in the future we might increase it slightly.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.