Nothing seems to stop this error

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Scooby, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Scooby

Scooby Active Member

I'm running glide wrapper & integrated maphack. I've got everything running in compatibility mode & as administrator, I've disabled windows defender, UAC, etc. everything the guides have said to do. I've tried windowed mode, I've tried without windowed mode.

Every few games (usually after 1-2 games) that I create, this error will pop up and make me reload the game. I'm currently running solo (online but in private games) but may plan to multibox. I'd rather find a fix for this before the multibox because I would find it a little annoying to experience with multi.
    I can give more details if necessary.

I've also tried uninstalling glide wrapper but it won't seem to fix my diablo to be able to run without it, even after I remove the registries from my PC & reload d2vidtst.
    If there's a step I'm missing, I would try without the glide wrapper to see if that might be the fix?

The only maphack that I haven't tried yet is BH. I may try that one if no one can figure this one out. I'd try to explore the problem deeper because i'm not computer illiterate but I'm not sure where to start with this, what file could I check for the "line #193," in reference to the error?

Anything helps,
    Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

2. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

3. Scooby

Scooby Active Member

I actually had already gone to this post but thank you for the input. If you read the entire post you'd see that I had tried to run D2 without glide to no avail.

The fact that another user had the same problem with glide gives me a decent idea though, going to troubleshoot a bit more with glide specifically.

4. noxsexy

noxsexy Active Member

The error might be becouse you are using MH and Glide at the same time ( don't know if applicable at integrated mh )
    The advice from my side is to run the game in window mode and glide only when pvp or having fun doing BH without flying to give TP.

PS: There is a "Search" button on the forum, you can use it searching for related content and you will find this answer on the previous post with the same error .

Hope it's helpful!

Kefflar32 likes this.
  5. Scooby

Scooby Active Member

See above...

I love the condescending remarks about "search," feature when no one bothers to read more than the first line of a post.

6. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

You got an answer before he said to use search in PS: because the subject has been discussed many times and many answers were given too as there is no one global solution for everyone. Main reason is due to using MH and Glide at the same time but doesn't mean is the only reason, maphack can have different errors for some and work good for others. Download integrated mapack and use window mode and then you can try using bh maphack too.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    noxsexy likes this.
  7. noxsexy

noxsexy Active Member

There is no offense mate, you have to read more than the first line in order to find the answer .

8. Scooby

Scooby Active Member

Yes, I got an answer that the post (of which has already been linked) states already.
    To which I replied to the first poster (who suggested I use the search feature) that I've already tried that solution and it didn't work. So no, an answer wasn't actually given before I was told to use the search feature. I've already stated in the original post that solution doesn't work. I've replied to another condescending post that the solution doesn't work & I'll reply again whenever the next person tells me about the same exact post that I've already read over. It doesn't work.

There may not be offense but please don't waste my time by not reading what I've already written & replying with the same answer that I've seen before.

Thanks.

noxsexy likes this.
  9. Gix

Gix Founder

As the others have already answered, maphack errors are not an exact science and they can be considered pretty much a lottery. Stuff you got installed on your pc, uninstalled, leftovers, etc will also influence these errors so giving an exact answer is pretty much impossible in certain scenarios. Keep in mind we're talking about old 3rd party cheat softwares that were never officially supported by the game. Anyway I guess pretty much all advices about this have already been convered inside of the forums so if you tried all these (UAC, windows defender, etc have nothing to do with maphack btw - those refer to game starting issues, no mh being used) follow @Kefflar32's advice and get the integrated maphack then run the game in window mode because full screen and maphacks don't go well together. Additionally give BH a try and see how it goes and I'd also recommend a clean game install w/o glide to begin with, just integrated maphack installed inside of the game folder. Let us know.

noxsexy and Kefflar32 like this.
  10. Scooby

Scooby Active Member

Thank you, I was prepared to do a clean install if my troubleshooting doesn't go as planned.

I'm sorry for the attitude, troubleshooting is frustrating. I don't mean to be an ass.

noxsexy likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted