Clan / Clan tag's / Clan sections

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lysy, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lysy

lysy Member

Hi I would like to present You my suggestion about clans on server. What You think about it? ex.

You will have to make topic/or write to Gix for clan section on forum. Section which can see only clan members.

1. You need to have x people to make new clan.
    2. You need to designate clan leader, and vice clan leader.
    3. You need to write clan name, and tag. ex. Clan name: lysy, Tag: LS

Also if clan will be created, maybe Gix will change nicks in game with tags before/behind nick ex. LS_nick/nick_LS.

2. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

the idea is good but i cant imagine the effort to change so many char names, even if it is possible to change them so easily.
    to create a clan sub forum wouldnt be bad, because this might in general raise the activity on the forums.

3. lysy

lysy Member

just make topic on forum to change nickname, and Staff in free time will do it. Its not much necessary. Not all will make clan cause, as I wrote "you will need to have x players" ex. 5, so it will be for friends, cause random ppl wont make clan i think.

4. AnioŁ

AnioŁ Active Member

It's a very good idea. Just look at other games ex. diablo 3 or cs, there is a multitude of clans. I believe there are many people who are friends here and want to aim at similar goals (like reaching 99th lv). So adding several trags to some characters' names would not be huge effort for you. Clans would also fetch more people to the server and unite them. We're waiting for your response Gix.

5. Gix

Gix Founder

Creating a subforum for clans can be easily done, however it's going to be public.

Getting separate access for each clan member + renaming ingame characters is a 24/7 job so time consuming at it's best, not to mention that we don't do characters renaming.
    Since the transfer on the new forum platform is currently delayed we shall see if there will be an easier way for doing that once the transfer is completed.

@Don't even compare D3 or CS with D2. They're totally different and players are the ones that change their names w/o requiring GM intervention + plugins that makes that a whole lot easier.
    The effort is more than huge for a game like D2 since it requires multiple people to get database access which automatically involves a high risk situation, possible corrupted character files and so on.

Still the /clan create command comes with the PvPGN platform.

6. lysy

lysy Member

So we have to wait now Gix, yes? ;)

7. Gix

Gix Founder

Yes, I'll see if XenForo can offer us some options (more than just a subforum) and also ask the devs if we can work on something regarding the PvPGN platform when it comes to clan feature and see if it can be improved specially for D2 since that's a feature which reffers mostly to W3.

8. DarkSummoner

DarkSummoner Supporter

We used to have a in game "chat bot" in our clan channels on USAeast, would greet people joining the channel, and give our web address if anyone wanted to post on our forums, don't know if thats a viable option here? It helped keep the members informed because a few of us played D2, Sc2, and WC3 on a regular basis. Keeps clan members in the loop for clan battles ect. on each game.

9. Xyllo

Xyllo Member

Hi all,
    I know I'm revitalizing an old thread, but clans are a good idea.

Until we get a better tech solution can we have a "clan thread " with the clan members and leader?
    It's best to have a list like "Clan_XXXX -- Xyllo(account name, not character name)---- Leader, Clan_XXX---SoneOtherAccount - Member".
    This way we can use the account name uniqueness from the game.

If we rename the characters like in CS, we will have 10 ppl named "NEO" in 10 clans simply because there's one user named "NEO" thats a great PvP.

One advantage of having a clan is better Baal run experince, because the CL(clan leader) can decide what game name to use and which ppl can enter that game.
    This way people always have a place waiting for them in a Baal run game. No more wasting time creating a new game and waiting for everyone to join.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.