content question

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Athokohn, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athokohn

Athokohn Member

i was just wondering if there is any chance at all there could be new content for the server ? im not talking over powered items or new sets, runewords, etc but how about a new area? uber nith? maybe a place like the cow level with demon lords or waves just some things i was thinking about while mfing, i feel like Eurobattle would benefit from server signature content. Not that there isnt a decent community already but i feel it would be fun, fresh, and another reason to say "i play on this server because..." or "this server is awesome because.." and im not saying i dont like the server as it is (i enjoy every minute of play) but fresh content would breathe some more life into the game for me.
    thanks for reading.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 1, 2016 ---
    this should be moved to the suggestions thread just noticed it sorry guys

Cash_Please likes this.
  2. North44

North44 Scumbag

Hi there. Thanks for suggestions and thinking on how to make this server more fun. Perhaps there's a reason why haven't this been done already, I'd be interested in hearing GMs opinion on this one. You should note tho that this server brings the old spirit and some people love playing in servers without too many mods. Tho a poll probably wouldn't hurt.
    I tried playing in modded server and I didn't liked it. That's just my opinion ofcourse. :)

this server is awesome because of it's amazing community and keeping it old school :)

3. Athokohn

Athokohn Member

i agree totally ! there are modded servers that can ruin the feel, and i understand nostalgia personally , i was just suggesting a small addition nothing game breaking, that would make a player plan attacks think differently like the first time we seen WSK, baal and the throne room.

4. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

There will be no new content added maybe only few small changes which wont affect gameplay , as we like to keep the server as blizzlike and vanilla as possible maybe in the future there will be made a seperate realm which will be modded . but thanks for taking interest and have a good day !

Gix and Masenko1990 like this.
  5. Masenko1990

Masenko1990 Active Member

+1542314358

6. Athokohn

Athokohn Member

thanks for the quick reply escorb4r

Gix likes this.
  7. Gix

Gix Founder

Moved to Suggestions. As @Escorb4r said, this realm mimics the blizzlike feeling with a few extra changes we added in order to make the game more exciting but we aren't planning to do major changes and turn it into a modded realm. Why change something that players love so much, right?

Modded realms become boring pretty fast as they always need fresh content and constant development, they are unbalanced (no matter how much you control it, adding new content to this game will create some sort of unbalance and it's a constant battle to make sure the content isn't becoming overpowered) and they wipe fast while most d2 players enjoy the blizzlike feeling of this game which is the reason why no other realm, modded or not doesn't come even close to our popularity. Vanilla servers are way more popular than modded ones, they always have been and always will.

PS: Modding is anything but small, once you start modding new areas, items, runewords, etc that will instantly change the whole game and it asks for more modding.

We may host a separate modded realm in the future as a different project, no guarantees though as finding dedicated people that you can rely on and be there for the coming years it's extremely hard.

Most people will tell you they do it because it's better than bnet, it has no bots and cheaters, it has an awesome community and most important, it's the biggest of all :)

Escorb4r likes this.