Diablo 2 in better resolution! Can we do this?!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ProbusterTrade, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProbusterTrade

ProbusterTrade Member

I google this and there is a modes that's make your Diablo 2 looks better (whit high resolution). Wont link any of mods becouse they are from other site/forums etc. I try some of them and no one work whit are mod. But whit out mode it's work not so bad and looks rly cool. I make this thread becouse i wan't to see if there is a change to moderators add some of this mods and how much people will aggre whit me for that WE NEED BETTER RESOLUTION FOR BEST GAME EVER. For those who wan't to try something to change how game looks on your modern monitor try this: in properties>shortcut>target you must write this "X:\X\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w -nofixaspect''. this comand will make your window mode strech like full screen when you maximize.

2. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

@ProbusterTrade There will be no such changes made to this server , No mods at all
    we like to keep it Vanilla and i think everyone can agree with me on that .

3. ProbusterTrade

ProbusterTrade Member

Every one love diablo like it is. But this is more visual then game-changing for me. any way thx for fast answer.

4. IronWinter

IronWinter Member

Actually this is possible, I done it myself in Linux and custom patches in windows. As for the client it will either not work, or the security will detect injector/hack/bot... and probably get blocked or banned.

It is possible to open up the game and run it on an emulator, which if correctly programmed should work fine even the client. But, none exist as far as I know.

5. Gix

Gix Founder

You'll see it more often being called resolution hack than resolution mode and the problem with this one is pretty simple. Since D2 wasn't designed for ultra hd resolutions, using some high one will first allow you to kill monsters before they can even see you which is not fair and in duels it will give you far more advantages if your opponent doesn't uses the same resolution thing which is called cheating and banable. Also unless it's adapted into a mod as you mentioned it will create all kind of graphic bugs and glitches.

jmh033089 likes this.
  6. ProbusterTrade

ProbusterTrade Member

So there is no way currently to add more resolution to this game i see now. Any way thx for respons.