Diablo 2 remaster rumours

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kiwifruit, May 11, 2020.

1. kiwifruit

kiwifruit Game Master

So .. another "leak" with "facts" and rumours about a Diablo 2 remaster.
    The only point of "weight" to this rumour is that it is from the french website "Actugaming" - which have previously successfully predicted Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 announcements. They have mentioned it is "not yet presented by Blizzard" and is coming from sources "which obviously prefer to stay anonymous". According to "Actugaming", it will be called "Diablo 2:Resurrected", with a release of somewhere around Q4 of 2020. They even claim to have the "knowledge" that it will be made by a division of Activision, Vicarious Visions.
    https://www.ginx.tv/en/rpg/diablo-2-remaster-diablo-2-resurrected-remastered

After the failure of WC3 remaster as well as the fact it was not announced on BlizzCon 2019, I would not really have much hope. Even if it is in works - with the latest Covit-19 delays across most entertainment productions, it is unlikely it will be available before the holiday season end of the year.

Please share your thoughts about this mythical topic.

PS. I searched for such a thread before I made it, and did not find one. Apologies if there was.

PS2. the widescreen option found in the server website was like a remaster for me.
    20 years later, here I am still playing on an RTX powered machine.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Yet another diablo remastered rumor. You can see such news, leaks, rumors, w/e being launched basically every few months in these days. There are a few of them posted in here as well over the years, the thing is until there will be an official announcement from the company itself everything remains only a rumor that people tend to launch periodically for various reasons. Even more, after remastering WC3 and failing miserably most likely Diablo wouldn't be any different. Remastering starcraft was their main priority because that game is as popular as a national sport in Korea where they basically sold over 50% of total copies since the game has been launched so that changed the things a bit.

kiwifruit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted