Forum currency

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by eG-St0rm, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eG-St0rm

eG-St0rm Member

Why here aren't server/forum currency ?:|
    With currency (like Forum Gold) should be easier to trade somethong

theArchitect likes this.
  2. Hazey

Hazey Supporter

In my opinion, This would be too much of a copy of D2JSP with Forum Gold but i do agree that we should start some sort of Currency that the server uses

3. reign_again

reign_again Active Member

And how easy it is to implement it just for the Diablo II part of the forum?!

This community houses other games and categories too, so some users that don't even play D2 will have more buying power than us, therefore other categories where spam, or easy topics/reply's are made, are more likely to generate more income. So forum currency is an issue, if it can't be implemented just for the game it is intended.

Also, WoB is not the only one with forum currency, and that example must really disappear from your posts, as it may be considered hidden commercial abuse, especially considering the fact that WoB was not even in existence when this one was up.

We never really used it (we, Romanians), Runes, Pgems, skillers and very rare useable items are a good trading method, and we had dozens of servers to use it on along the way. Is stupid however, the rune drop here is uncertain, someone that just starts farming Travincal may find a HR, and then buy very rare items, like shard and griffon, even if those items are harder to gather, and only drop in harder locations to farm, it will basically make veteran players lose, and new lucky players get items that they can't find and afford farming for months when starting fresh. And then there is the forum farming for gold, there will be infinite topics regarding nothing interesting just to make gold. Dunno, maybe the only system that works right now, is trading the item you don't need for the ones you need.

4. Zostritch1

Zostritch1 Member

yeah i agree with reign d2jsp messed diablo 2 up on trading it was alot easier trading items for items not no fg for items

5. Hazey

Hazey Supporter

you guys do realize that the currency doesnt have to be in the forum... we could have some type of server currency where a certain item/rune drops more frequently that all prices are just based off of the item that drops the most frequently

jmh033089 likes this.
  6. jmh033089

jmh033089 Active Member

Great idea Hazey, and if that is not an option most people with give you the item if you are nice, almost all my gear has been given to me or from a run of someone being nice enough to run and just leave all the drops for me, there are a lot of great users here we just need more...

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.